Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[US] DollHouse [** Spoilers **] (Renewed!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

is it not possible, they used the expert guys knowledge on alpha at some point, he seemed to have the knowledge.
    It is possible but equally likely alpha got the info on his own from blueprints or hacking into the real guys computer. He was in his apartment after all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

We'll all know soon enough...two more days, and then............. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

and then we keep our fingers crossed for a leaked version of the last ep so we dont have to wait months for the DVd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 allx_uk

I'm really enjoying Dollhouse don't want it cancelled! :(

Thought last weeks episode was great. I didn't know about the Alpha thing and whats going on with Echo, and him leaving together?? Did he create that personality for her, just so she'd be with him?? Or is it some other personality? Who is Alpha really? And did his personality evolve/devolve depending on your opinion? Or did something happen??

Answers please!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Wouldn't it be so much cooler if Alpha downloaded a copy of himself into Echo? It'd be the ultimate narcisstic psychotic fantasy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

ixoy wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be so much cooler if Alpha downloaded a copy of himself into Echo? It'd be the ultimate narcisstic psychotic fantasy.

If you watch the promo you'll see him do something much, much worse
    He downloads a copy of Caroline into a new body, so she is forced to watch him torture her body

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

ah im not reading that¬ what thats not a ¬ damm strange and weird netbook keyboard that thing with the full stop under it - kinda like a upsidedown i....

User45701 wrote: »

and then we keep our fingers crossed for a leaked version of the last ep so we dont have to wait months for the DVd

Indeed...i'm sure it'll surface online ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

was reading a few reviews of random anime today and I stumbled onto one with the following quote:
    In an alternate version of modern Italy, a terrorist group called the “Republicans” threatens the country’s political stability. A secret governmental organization codenamed “Public Social Welfare Corporation” fights a clandestine war against the republicans, using brainwashed and cybernetically “improved” teenage girls to kill the terrorists wherever they are found. Every girl works together with a special agent, whom she is mentally bound to obey. These teams are called “Fratellos”, and this is their story.

here's the wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunslinger_Girl

Not exactly like Dollhouse, but there are similarities in how that quote describes it.

Mostly in the handler and brainwashing part though.

Not long now guys! :-)
    So...anybody want to throw up some theories about what might happen?....will Alpha get killed or captured?, will Ballard gets wiped and become the Dollhouse's latest member?, is Saunders a doll?, Who will die?, Will it be Victor or Mellie?

And.....will Dushku EVER be a good actress? :-)

• Advertisement

In the hope we get another season, alpha has to get away me thinks.

7 hours people!...i hope all Dollhouse fans stay up and guns blazin' for the post episode analysis :-)

7 hours people!...i hope all Dollhouse fans stay up and guns blazin' for the post episode analysis :-)

3 hours and counting! :eek: ...calm down Richard, calm down! :)

IT'S ALMOST TIME!!!...30 mins i'd say....sooooo excited!!

:-)

YES!!!!!!!!!....here we go!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

YES!!!!!!!!!....here we go!!!!!!

Dude, if your enthusiasm were taken into account for rating, Fox would give us 20 seasons ;)

Looking forward to this, really enjoyed last weeks ep.

BEST EPISODE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    OMG!!!!....so we WERE right!, Doc Saunders is Whiskey!! :-)
    That was bloody amazing!....everything about it, twists galore, TONS of backstory...fast paced, exciting, revealing....just pure genius!

Seriously...if this dosen't get renewed it will be the GREATEST crime since Fox cancelled Firefly...i'm just using that as an example! :-)

BUT...the original Saunders is a male, right?....so wouldn't he know he was a doll?????...if he (male) Saunders looks into a mirror and see's a female, how does that work?

Also....Alpha killed the original Doc, right?....but where did the Dollhouse get HIS imprint from?, to then implant into Whiskey?

Or did they just imprint Docs medical knowledge?....it was lovely to see Ballard set Mellie free!...he's now working for the dollhouse. At least in the end he choose the right person to save and not Caroline....but it's sad to see Miracle Laurie go!!!...i do hope they find some way to bring her back, if in fact they get a second season. Jesus that was great...totally buzzing!

Even though it was widley suspected that Whiskey = Suanders i WAS expecting Echo to be on that engagement with Alpha.....it was a TOTAL shock to me!!!

Amy Acker is sooooo pretty!

Another thing...we still don't know who the other spy is!....someone inside the dollhouse who sent messages via Echo/November....so they still have that storyline to deal with in a possible second season. I also read on tv.com that Amy Acker has signed up for a series...which means she will be leaving at some point if in fact a second season is ordered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

I really enjoyed the latest (and hopefully not final) episode. It's such a shame that this show didn't develop the following it needed to survive.

A **brilliant** theory has been thrown up!!...at the end Ballard free Mellie right?....but who's to say Madeline isin't just another imprint!

It's all a ruse, and a good way to bring November back is....Ballard thinks Mellie/Madeline is free and her real self. In season 2 Ballard enters another dollhouse and BOOM!....he sees Mellie! :-)

That would be a bloody awesome twist! :-)

mikeruurds wrote: »
    I really enjoyed the latest (and hopefully not final) episode. It's such a shame that this show didn't develop the following it needed to survive.

Thing is, Fox is known to have interfered with the first 5 episodes!...which would explain why things didn't work and they were kinda dull...from ep. 6 onwards Wheadon took back control, the quality really ramped up then.

Fox :mad:

Very good ending, things wrapped up very nicely. Here's hoping for more...
    Sherifu wrote: »
    In the hope we get another season, alpha has to get away me thinks.
    Now we just need a new season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭matrim

Interesting article, even if I don't agree with everything he says

http://io9.com/5245968/why-dollhouse-really-is-joss-whedons-greatest-work

• Registered Users Posts: 55,464 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Good article, but 95% of the comments wholeheartedly disagree with it and think Firefly is better. The problem with this show was Dushku - she is the ball and chain dragging this show down to the bottom of ocean.

Strong finale. The whiskey thing played out as predicted last week, but its hard to see where they would take that storyline. There was no resolution to the person who was getting messages out to Ballard via November and Echo. I thought the Alpha storyline fizzled out at the end with no resolution. Enjoyable, but frustrating as hell if its not renewed.

On the plus side, Tudyk was great. Some of the chats Alpha had with himself were great (I'm not bluffing, Well I'm bluffing but the rest of us are serious). The backstory was interesting enough, and I liked the last scene with Ballard and Madeline.

And the last word spoken on the show made me gasp.

All fingers crossed for a renewal, but I'm not holding my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Excellent Finale. Really had me on the edge of my seat, despite the fact we figured out beforehand that Saunders was Whiskey.
    Crying shame if this show is cancelled.
    On a side note, Amy Acker is working on the pilot for "Happy Town" which actually looks pretty good.

I think Dollhouse could be truely dead after reading this:

http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/05/dollhouse-finale-ratings.html#more

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I think Dollhouse could be truely dead after reading this:

http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/05/dollhouse-finale-ratings.html#more

:mad:
    At the very least we have Epitaph One (episode 13) to look forward to on the dvd.

• Advertisement

Advertisement