Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[US] DollHouse [** Spoilers **] (Renewed!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

alan tudyk plays a good psycho, enjoyable episode I wonder if there is gonna be some manner of which the show will end in a way that a new season while desirable is not necessary.
    Using that criteria...i think Fox would be more inclined to give Dollhouse a second season

I didnt use any criteria? It was just personal opinion.

The most sensible position for fox from a purely financial motive (if you want criteria) is to cancel both shows purely because neither pulled in the ratings set by their own standards (not that either of them were unpopular or poor).

It was of my opinion though if there was a call from above that fox was to keep one show from its friday line up but replace the rest with new material, there would have been more merit from them to pick sarah connor chronicles because it did have marginally better ratings at its lowest and has more content out there (dvds, new movie etc) to attract more viewers for a future season. Dollhouse is suffering not only from a poor start critically but also that the established fanbase expected to come to its defence (Whedon fans) simply are not for the most part and are among the most critical. There's not alot there to tempt fox i am sad to say.

but above all it was my opinion and my opinion is very bias because I enjoyed SCC alot and consider myself a fan and I really really really dont want the series to end where it did, doubly so that idiots wont go around seeing it leads into terminator 1 (which it doesnt)

Honestly the best thing for both shows is to move them off the friday slot but that wont happen anytime soon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Wheadon has already said the finale will warp up alot of questions and introduce new ones...he said they did it in such a way so as if it does get cancelled that it'll hold as a standalone FINAL episode...but that there will be enough questions left open for a second season.

I'm sure the only criteria Fox is interested in is numbers and profit...using this both shows are borked. But we only have 15 days left to find out....personally i want both shows to come back as i enjoy both of them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Agree with the comments about acting. Victor was fantastic and Dushku seems to enjoy the bad-girl deal a whole lot more. She certainly seems more comfortable at least.

I really liked the initial idea of the child abuse victim support and would have liked to have seen it go further.

Finally, Alpha is brilliant. Always loved the Wash character from firefly and he demonstrated why he is so good. His initial character was believeable and enjoyable and his little inside jokes are quite funny after the fact. Such as the "err... they are carrots and they were here when I got here. I'm just holding them for a friend".

Victor was brilliant as Dominic and I too believe the "Whiskey" comment was significant.
    Especially the fact that the doctor covered it up as a nothing, when it was clear that it could be important. Alphas actions seem to further enhance this. I think maybe the dolls were the original support staff and once Alpha crossed the fence they decided to change this. The doctor was kept on since she was essentially useless as a doll otherwise.

This is the reason Alpha didnt kill her and instead likes to toy with her. I think the "Whiskey" was an activation phrase for the doctor, as Dominic set her up as a double-doll when he was in charge of the Dollhouse.
    It's likely that she is the other rogue factor in the dollhouse, her and dominic have set up Ballard to do their work for them while they infiltrate the dollhouse and gather intel on the technology while he builds a case against them.

Most likely Doctor Saunders isnt aware of the fact, being a double-doll and all, set up by dominic as a backdoor/escape route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Sci Fi Channel in UK is starting showing this in May

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Wow! I was actually quite bored until the last 10 minutes, apart from the Dominic bit, so well acted by Enver Gjokaj. Dushku as the grown up child, and Ballard and Tudyk (who I knew was playing Alpha, but as I didn't know the actor, I didn't know he was the scientist, so I was expecting him to turn up in Tucson and slash poor Sierra instead at the end). But when he slashed Victor, that was one of this season's WTF moments for me. Poor Victor! The scene with the doc and Alpha was seriously tense and creepy; glad he left her alone this time.

I thought the Whiskey reference had to be significant, and don't remember if Amy was in the show the week the non-dolls got infected by the drug and lost their inhibitions.

One of my main concerns with the episode was that Ballard found the Dollhouse. In Season 1! So unless he starts to work with them now, I can't see where they will go with this character, assuming there is still a show to go somewhere with.

• Advertisement

The Dollhouse could just erase Ballards memories of the Dollhouse and maybe even wipe him knowing Mellie is a doll...so they can spy on him again. Saunders was in the Dollhouse when they got infected...but it was spread by touch. We never saw Saunders infected, as such we can assume she wasn't...as such if she is a doll she would not have reacted like one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

Sherifu wrote: »
    I hadn't read anything so when he started slashing it was total shock. Spoilers really ruin something like that, his act up to that was great. Alpha is a badass. :)

i think the program told us it was him by that stage anyway...

definetly a spike/drusilla angelus/darla feel from those two at the end.

Please vote!....it's only 64% to save right now with 11,800 votes...as the add says, every little helps :-)

http://www.zap2it.com/news/custom/photogallery/tv/zap-photogallery-2009-bubble-shows,0,1828400.photogallery?index=16

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

ouch dollhouse took a hammering in comparison to TSCC.

• Advertisement

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    ouch dollhouse took a hammering in comparison to TSCC.

I think the technical term is "The Summer Glau Effect" ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭roar_ie

Promo for next week looks outstanding! http://tvspoilers-odi.blogspot.com/2009/05/doullhouse-episode-1x12-new-promo.html

Coudln't resist!...too excited, Alpha took all of Echo's imprints incl. her original?...and he say's...only one person can her you now (meaning Caroline aka original imprint)....so who's imprint did Alpha imprint into Echo?

Maybe there is an imprint of someone Alpha knew, maybe someone that got killed and no physical body exists or she got killed as a doll, maybe thats why Alpha freaked out?

Sooo many questions!

Holy crap that looks good. Can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

i think the program told us it was him by that stage anyway...
    Apart from him being strangely familiar with the computer system I thought it was a very good twist.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Apart from him being strangely familiar with the computer system I thought it was a very good twist.

Sierra had just told Dewitt and Langton that the dead guy she was examining was the man who had created the environmental systems, who Alpha was pretending to be.

iguana wrote: »
    Sierra had just told Dewitt and Langton that the dead guy she was examining was the man who had created the environmental systems, who Alpha was pretending to be.
    Ya, which was after alpha sliced and diced Viktor's face...

Someone is getting the permanent chop on Friday.....i fear it's Mellie :-(

It's just as well they have her on a hard drive so...

and we know they use dolls for their experts, so as soon as a ecosystems expert was mentioned we knew it was him.

New interview with the main man, Alpha! http://www.ifmagazine.com/new.asp?article=7958

**MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS**

and we know they use dolls for their experts, so as soon as a ecosystems expert was mentioned we knew it was him.
    I didn't think so as they were building the doll house at the time. The ecosystems expert was the guy killed at the start, right? Alpha was taking his place. He was a real person, not a doll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Latest episode was excellent, everything's coming to a head now. Can't believe there's only one episode left. Does anyone know when the unaired episodes will be released on DVD?

Agamemnon wrote: »
    Latest episode was excellent, everything's coming to a head now. Can't believe there's only one episode left. Does anyone know when the unaired episodes will be released on DVD?

July....the Sci-Fi channel in the UK *might* show it, but it's just a guess :confused:

I didn't think so as they were building the doll house at the time. The ecosystems expert was the guy killed at the start, right? Alpha was taking his place. He was a real person, not a doll.

well, oops, your right, i was misremembering, as soon as they mentioned some other specific person we knew that it would be him. cos why else mention him.

is it not possible, they used the expert guys knowledge on alpha at some point, he seemed to have the knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭matrim

Another good episode. It's leading up to a good season ending.

I agree with the doc potentially being a doll and did think that Whiskey was a reference to something more important.

One other thing I thought was interesting was Langdon saying that Ballard didn't sign up for being a doll when they were talking about what to do with him and think it could potentially lead to Langdon helping Ballard.

Also can we not post things about the promo \ future episodes without at least spoilering them

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

matrim wrote: »
    Another good episode. It's leading up to a good season ending.

I agree with the doc potentially being a doll and did think that Whiskey was a reference to something more important.

One other thing I thought was interesting was Langdon saying that Ballard didn't sign up for being a doll when they were talking about what to do with him and think it could potentially lead to Langdon helping Ballard.

Also can we not post things about the promo \ future episodes without at least spoilering them

It was pretty clear that Langdon was trying to get Ballard to back off, throughout the whole fight and just walk away - most likely to save him from the only fate that is on the cards... short of Paul coming to work for the Dollhouse. He will either be boxed in the attic or escape only to be pursued for the rest of his life, or untill his untimely death ;)

I wonder if Wheadon is taking the mick with the "Whiskey" comment, maybe it's nothing and Wheadon put that in just to mess with people's heads, get them speculating and then....nothing.

:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

I wonder if Wheadon is taking the mick with the "Whiskey" comment, maybe it's nothing and Wheadon put that in just to mess with people's heads, get them speculating and then....nothing.

:-)

Given that the show looks so likely to be canceled, even if he had something in mind with it, it probably won't be developed in the next episode anyway :(.

Does anyone know if they switched the last episodes around? I mean, since they had already filmed another episode after 12 (are there more? I only know of a 13th one, "Epitaph One"), how could 12 serve as any kind of a season/series end if there was meant to be an episode the next week in the first place? So in effect, I'm expecting 12 to leave us hanging...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

J-blk wrote: »
    Does anyone know if they switched the last episodes around? I mean, since they had already filmed another episode after 12 (are there more? I only know of a 13th one, "Epitaph One"), how could 12 serve as any kind of a season/series end if there was meant to be an episode the next week in the first place? So in effect, I'm expecting 12 to leave us hanging...

Episode 13 was designed as an epilogue to the series, sort of like the last episode of Buffy series 4. So while it will be a pity if they don't air it, it won't leave us hanging not to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

It not airing is the best possible thing for fans of the show - will encourgage people to buy the DVD and see the last episode and hopefully sales will mean more dollhouse (although more firefy takes priority)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

User45701 wrote: »
    (although more firefy takes priority)

Jesus man... Firefly is gone forever. Let it go!! :)

I was out of the country until yesterday, so I just watched episode 11 there now. Great stuff. I knew Tudyk was cast as Alpha, so the big WTF moment was spoilt for me.

I think the writing is on the wall for Dollhouse, but its been a fun ride. I don't know how the Alpha/Echo/Ballard thing will play out, but I'm staying away from blogs and spoiler sites until I've seen it. I've heard the last episode is fantastic.

Advertisement