Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S/W Meet - interest?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

That east Cork factory idea sounds interesting to me. Plus its close enough to be a day trip rather than an overnighter :) Consider me interested. I'm free pretty much from the 18th until the 30th, besides the likes of Christmas day.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭latchiko

Count me in for this too! The factory idea sounds great as well. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I'm also interested in this count me in date dependant.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

I'll withdraw from this.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

Great idea Thoie. I'm supposed to be in Dub those dates, however if that changes, myself and another DSLR beginner may make it. Contact you nearer the time, once I know my plans.
    Off the wall suggestion. I live in Cork and find it a very photogenic place as well as compact enough to walk around easily. UCC/Shandon/docks/rivers etc etc might be an alternative.
    Like your idea more though! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

I'd be interested in the factory thing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I don't remember seeing any date(s) mentioned here.

Can we be a little more precise? I have to plan in advance, that's why I am asking. I would prefer town/village or countryside trip to factory shooting, but at least I can walk there without taking any pictures :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

I'll bow out of the Factory thing also.

Still interested in Kerry/West Cork though ??

Out to the nature, that's my aim. And if some less popular spots are found, the happier I will be.

Anyone for the Dingle penninsula then?

26th there's the Wren Boys in Dingle. ( Pint in Foxy John's afterwards ? )

7/8 Mile walk on the beach from Gowlane to the tip of the Maherees (pint in Spillane's afterwards ?)

Subject to weather

Walk from Brandon Quay to Sauce Creek with stupendous views (Pint in Murphy's afterwards ? ).

Leisurely walk to Eask Tower with fantastic views of Dingle Bay and the Iveragh penninsula. (Pint in Curran's afterwards ?)

The Hidden Hill Fort of Cathair Con Ri (pint in Ashe's, Camp afterwards ?).

I could go on and on ....

• Advertisement

Go on, go on...
    I wish everybody could fulfill my wishes like you ;-)
    Disclaimer: Only if you are talking about pints of red lemonade.

Well, if you were up to it, we could do the Three Sisters ;)::D

(couple of half ones in Sayers afterwards ? )

Covey wrote: »
    Anyone for the Dingle penninsula then?

26th there's the Wren Boys in Dingle. ( Pint in Foxy John's afterwards ? )

7/8 Mile walk on the beach from Gowlane to the tip of the Maherees (pint in Spillane's afterwards ?)

Subject to weather

Walk from Brandon Quay to Sauce Creek with stupendous views (Pint in Murphy's afterwards ? ).

Leisurely walk to Eask Tower with fantastic views of Dingle Bay and the Iveragh penninsula. (Pint in Curran's afterwards ?)

The Hidden Hill Fort of Cathair Con Ri (pint in Ashe's, Camp afterwards ?).

I could go on and on ....

That is a good suggestion (and Closer to home for me!) pretty good scene in dingle for the wran old masks made of straw. makes for good photography.

see this

not mine by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Covey's idea is better. Just have to make sure I've nothing planned with the women

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

If we could nail a date down this week I can start organising myself. I really want to head down to Cork again over Christmas. The 26th doesn't suit me but the 27-29th does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

I might be around for this and sounds good,sadly i'm only 17 so no pints :)
    I'll see if i can make arrangements for around those dates!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

No pints for me either as I'll be driving if I go..

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭kgiller

Ricky91t wrote: »
    I might be around for this and sounds good,sadly i'm only 17 so no pints :)
    I'll see if i can make arrangements for around those dates!

I'll buy you a pint, no bother :D

The 27th is the Saturday.

Any objections?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

27th is good for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Which location are we talking about here?

As far as I understood, Kerry and Dingle. Maybe more Dingle. I would prefer to get better specification to book B&B.

Any volunteers to make itinerary? ;) You know what I mean? Nudge, nudge?

well as a couple of suggestions I did a day out with college photography club in dingle we did around the pier (some good urbain wasteland near there as well ie rusty equipment and such and the nets and the boats) we basically toured around the town taking anything and everything it was a good day out.

there are the standards Gallarus oratory
    then maybe one place out west for some landscapes. we could be very lazy and just drive up to Conors pass

any other suggestions for Dingle ??? 440HZ has been out there before so lets hear what he/she thinks.

have organised a trip out there myself but it was crap!!

Covey, could you put here something more specific? And also if the 27th suits you.
    I need to sort accomodation before holidays.

Thank you in advance.

Sorry, due to a bereavement not on here for a few days.

Just to clarify, I was putting out a few suggestions. I should be available most days after 26th, as I'm in the area (Castlegregory). Others should post what date suits them as the more the merrier. Getting somewhere to stay should not be a problem this time of year.

I'm there, so let others decide on date and place !!

I'm only on the Net though until tommorrow lunchtime, so PM if you want a contact phone no.

T.

I am going the 27th very early in the morning to see the sunrise in the west. And there'll be one free space in my car.
    I have not decided if I am going to stay over night or if I drive home, because I love night driving.

ThOnda wrote: »
    I am going the 27th very early in the morning to see the sunrise in the west. And there'll be one free space in my car.
    I have not decided if I am going to stay over night or if I drive home, because I love night driving.

Weather looks good. Whats the bets you don't make it back for New Year :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Hmm i'm not tos ure about this now,think the family might have something planned whether i go or not is another thing...So for the moment i'v pulled out :(

I will be around until after the 27th Damit. sorry :) THought the 27 was st stephens day

• Advertisement

So, who is going? I am driving there early in the morning and I have contact for Covey to meet him and to use him as a guide.
    So who is coming?

Advertisement