Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scumbags getting their asses handed to them

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

The only way to deal with bullies is to stand up to them.
    If people fight back against these assholes they'll eventually stop causing trouble.
    I was in a similar situation on the dart years ago,three toerags started on me and a mate as we were minding our own business.
    One of them showing off an unopened lockknife saying he was going to stab my mate.
    His friend were saying "listen lads,he's gonna stab ya..i'm telling ya"..i opened my jacket,went right up to his face and said "well ****in stab me then big man,i still think you're a prick!"
    He started trying to shake hands at that point and saying it was all a joke.
    I was telling him to **** off and he turned nasty again.
    Then a load of rockers who we knew got on at the next station..saw the situation and just lit into these three cnunts.The six of us kicked them from one end of the dart to the other and some older bloke helped to throw them onto the platform when we'd finished.
    A nice bit of karma.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

i just had to throw two scummers out that were smashing up the hallways in these apts with fire extinguishers, it turned nasty too and then it sounded like they smashed the lobby up on the way out in a hissy fit.

I'm going to have to spend the next while looking over me shoulder now, damned if you do nothing and damned if you dont :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Yeah, we should kill everyone that wears a track suit.

That sterotype needs to be amended....
    Yeah, we should kill everyone that wears a track suit. And have their tracksuit bottoms tucked into thier socks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Degsy wrote: »
    If people fight back against these assholes they'll eventually stop causing trouble.
    I was in a similar situation on the dart years ago,three toerags started on me and a mate as we were minding our own business.
    One of them showing off an unopened lockknife saying he was going to stab my mate.
    His friend were saying "listen lads,he's gonna stab ya..i'm telling ya"..i opened my jacket,went right up to his face and said "well ****in stab me then big man,i still think you're a prick!"
    Then a load of rockers who we knew got on at the next station..saw the situation and just lit into these three cnunts.The six of us kicked them from one end of the dart to the other and some older bloke helped to throw them onto the platform when we'd finished.
    A nice bit of karma.
    So, really, you did fúck all until your friends got on and they were outnumbered 2:1, isn't that what scumbags do?

Oh the irony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Its claimed that these guys cleaned up the subway system in New York.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guardian_Angels

Maybe we could have the our own version?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

asdasd wrote: »
    A lot of right wing talk on here.
    Well then call me Ms Right Wing.

Wonder was the big lad Dragan...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭asdasd

So, really, you did fúck all until your friends got on and they were outnumbered 2:1, isn't that what scumbags do?

The other chap had a knife, so what did you expect him tod do? He had already stood up for himself. The poster was correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,087 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Scumbag beats up D4 head = bad.

D4 head beats up sucmbag = good.

You got to love the sense of justice on boards.

Yes, I know the scumbags in this case started on the D4 head or "softly spoken lad" as the OP said, iirc. My point is that the sentiment on boards is that all "scumbags" are bad people and everyone else is great.

Do people on here actually have any friends of the "scumbag" variety or do they base their prejudices on the tired old stereotype?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Oh the irony.

'Location: Up my own ass'

Could not agree more.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭St Bill

Oh the irony.

So eye-balling guys with knives is an everyday occurence for you? It must be if you think that the poster did f*ck all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Yeah exactly, magicmarker would of **** himself. Fair play degs

Anybody threathened with a knife has a legel right to self-defence. Threathened with a gun and you can legally kill the other guy. I mean the law doesnt encourage it, but you can justify it in self defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Yes, I know the scumbags in this case started on the D4 head or "softly spoken lad" as the OP said, iirc. My point is that the sentiment on boards is that all "scumbags" are bad people and everyone else is great.

Do people on here actually have any friends of the "scumbag" variety or do they base their prejudices on the tired old stereotype?

Softly spoken means D4 nowadays? Stop talking crap its obvious the OP meant softly spoken as in not aggressive. Take your campaign elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

GTFO you Scumbag!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

What the dickens? What is it with people acting as though "scumbag" is an ethnic minority or something? A person becomes a "scumbag" when they start a fight with an innocent person, or when they pull a knife on someone, or other such transgressions.

You're extending the term 'scumbag' to apply to anyone who wears a tracksuit or speaks a certain way. Nobody else in this thread is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

lol

By definition a scumbag is a bad person. If they were good people they wouldn't be scumbags.

What you've just done there is label the working class in its entirety as scumbags which no one else on here is doing.

Racist:pac:

/erm Dave! beat me to it by a whole minute.

You're extending the term 'scumbag' to apply to anyone who wears a tracksuit or speaks a certain way. Nobody else in this thread is.

Some tracksuiter wearing types are perfect gentlemen with nary a knife to be seen on their person.

although these types are often on the way to the gym

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

My point is that the sentiment on boards is that all "scumbags" are bad people and everyone else is great.
    No it isn't. A sentiment on Boards.ie is scumbags are bad people - I can't think of a valid argument against that sentiment really.
    The stereotype of a person who attacks people for no reason other than they can, engages in criminal damage, steals cars etc? Yeah I'd base my prejudices on those.
    If this is another "don't judge them on their background/appearance" remark, well here's my response: I don't judge anyone on their background/appearance, I judge them on their behaviour.

The quieter lads (and no evidence whatsoever they were from D4 and not e.g. Ballyfermot) in this incident were started on for no reason, so they fought back in self defence. Good on them.

'Location: Up my own ass'

Could not agree more.
    You leave my ass alone.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Degsy wrote: »
    A nice bit of karma.
    Similar thing happened to me while waiting for a taxi last year, this clown tried to get in fornt of me at the taxi after spending an hour waiting there (girls feet were too sore to walk:mad::D!) Anyway he says if i get in the taxi he's going to slash me with a blade, so I walk up to him and tell him to fire away, Q him telling me "only messin wit ya bud" he's lucky I didnt kick the s**t out of him.

In saying that I'm usually laid back and tend to ignore most things.

Was at a gig after that just myself the OH and this clown kep jumping up and down and hitting her with his arms, real scumbag looking cnut. anyway I was polite but firm and asked him to chillax, his reply was Ill do what I f**king want and if shes in the way tough ****. So I said I'll stand there and you'll soon know about it. So next song starts and about 30 seconds later he starts jumping, 1 second later his elbow catches my shoulder, 0.5 seconds later he's on the floor with his scummie mates saying they're going to kill me, I ask them to please try and proceed and unsurprisingly they didnt.

Cowards the lot of them.

• Advertisement

Davei141 wrote: »
    Yeah exactly, magicmarker would of **** himself. Fair play degs
    hardihar!!!

If none of you people can see the difference between self defense and knocking the shoite out of people because you can then more fool you tbh. In that situation I wouldn't have done that, it was clear from the scumbag's reaction that he was about to do fúck all, i doubt that would have changed once they realized they were out numbered.

For the record, i never said he was right or wrong to do it, only pointing out the irony of waiting for your friends to ACTUALLY do something about it, rather than being all talk, which is a trait amongst scummers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

hardihar!!!

If none of you people can see the difference between self defense and knocking the shoite out of people because you can then more fool you tbh. In that situation I wouldn't have done that, it was clear from the scumbag's reaction that he was about to do fúck all, i doubt that would have changed once they realized they were out numbered.

For the record, i never said he was right or wrong to do it, only pointing out the irony of waiting for your friends to ACTUALLY do something about it, rather than being all talk, which is a trait amongst scummers.

Instead of self-defence i prefer to call it Rough Justice.What was some cnunt doing starting on two strangers in the first place?
    He was only doing it because he thought he'd get away with it.He didnt.
    Tough shiite on him,he should've minded his own business.
    I take exception to these asshole who cant go out and enjoy themselves without trying to ruin somebody else's night..or life..**** em if they get hurt,they were the ones who started it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

asdasd wrote: »
    Anybody threathened with a knife has a legel right to self-defence. Threathened with a gun and you can legally kill the other guy. I mean the law doesnt encourage it, but you can justify it in self defence.
    A knife is just as dangerous as a gun, maybe more so because so many people underestimate it. Don't know if anyone saw that episode of most amazing videos where a crowd of police tried to talk down a knife wielding drug addict in Brazil or somewhere, he slashed his way through five of them before they put a bullet in him.

Theres a reason police in the US will shoot to kill if someone is holding a knife.
    For the record, i never said he was right or wrong to do it, only pointing out the irony of waiting for your friends to ACTUALLY do something about it, rather than being all talk
    It was a sound strategic decision which would get the nod from anyone with an understanding of tactics. Not many people have the batman ninja skillz.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

Was at a gig after that just myself the OH and this clown kep jumping up and down and hitting her with his arms, real scumbag looking cnut. anyway I was polite but firm and asked him to chillax, his reply was Ill do what I f**king want and if shes in the way tough ****. So I said I'll stand there and you'll soon know about it. So next song starts and about 30 seconds later he starts jumping, 1 second later his elbow catches my shoulder, 0.5 seconds later he's on the floor with his scummie mates saying they're going to kill me, I ask them to please try and proceed and unsurprisingly they didnt.

Cowards the lot of them.

to be honest if you were at a gig close up you couldn't moan about people jumping up and down, its expected.But it really depends how busy it was and where you were at the gig

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Howitzer

So, the original scumbags got their asses handed to them. Any chance someone would use cctv and get some fines / jail time handed to them too?

Is cctv a waste? False sense of security?

I'm sure if I, Joe Soap, threw a beer bottle from one end of a carriage to another and hit some woman in the noggin on a saturday afternoon - I'd be up in court for it. Surely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

I just thought it was brilliant seeing those two soft spoken lads standing up to complete dirtbags and humiliating them and was wondering if anyone has similiar stories of scumbags acting the hard man and getting their ass handed to them on a plate?
    While I can't endorse drawing blood from anyone on the tram, it's good to see this kind of criminality being resisted, not rewarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Ah, I was gonna write a longish reply and quote a few replies to say I agree and whatnot, but I cba....

I just wanna say that this thread made my day. There's nothing more I love in this world when the bullies get the **** kicked out of them

I wish I was there to witness it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

"Not all scumbags are bags of scum".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭gabgab

Brilliant story and fair play to him, the fact that he asked them politely to let it go is testament to the fact that he was doing his best to avoid confrontation,

I have said it many times, its normally the lad that is very capable of coming out the better side of a conflict that rarely gets in one,

I know a chap that is slim and has one of those real fun jovial sort of expressions but is very very good at striking, he got so fed up with fighting and people trying to intimidate him that if someone does start on him he politely asks them to walk away, then if that does'nt work hits them first and as hard as he can,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Clytus

Justice comes in many forms....

I like this one myself.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LIm7gSV9Mc&feature=related

Advertisement