Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yeah yeah ... I know 'Rule 30'

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

el tonto wrote: »
    De Raam has yet to be sheared.

Well, I never thought I'd end up using the Internet for declaring this, but, the deed has been done. It's been a few weeks at this stage. I wonder how my parents are going to take this :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Raam wrote: »
    Well, I never thought I'd end up using the Internet for declaring this, but, the deed has been done. It's been a few weeks at this stage. I wonder how my parents are going to take this :rolleyes:

Wait until spring. That might keep you warm during the winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

blorg wrote: »

IMGP2213.jpg

Is that last one a picture of your bike from a satellite? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

...one by one they fall :eek:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

another one saved from the darkside.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

...one by one they fall :eek:

Time for a product recommendation

The related videos are quite disturbing there Tonto ... does Mrs Tonto know you have a fetish?

The related videos are quite disturbing there Tonto ... does Mrs Tonto know you have a fetish?

Hey, body grooming is a "senstive issue".

Hey, body grooming is a "senstive issue".
    it's ok ... unionman and tiny have already come out, you're not alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

It's very pleasant cycling up the mountains in the dark, we should organise some boards weeknight spins.

Sounds good. I have moved into the world of a super cheap geared road bike which I must yet take out for a proper spin.

First photo is good actually, shame about the blur. Is that the sun, or the city ?

• Advertisement

Verb wrote: »
    First photo is good actually, shame about the blur. Is that the sun, or the city ?
    Thanks, it was a 4 second exposure so no chance of keeping it steady without a tripod! It's the city, the sun was well down at that stage, around 19:30. It looks brighter than it is due to the exposure length. Location was just at the top of Pine Forest Road, before you go down, right at the end and then up again towards the viewpoint (last photo is from the way up there.)
    Sounds good. I have moved into the world of a super cheap geared road bike which I must yet take out for a proper spin.
    That would be sacrilege, you must do it on the banana bike surely :D

On a side note I am now considering what cheap DX lights I should get to complement my Fenix (thanks again for the recommendation.) Considering those "900 lumen" flood monsters but not sure re: runtime and also the idea that you could actually end up with too much light up close to the bike which would desensitise your eyes to the light usefully being thrown by the Fenix.

EDIT: Regarding the spins, I will post a new thread for that, I would be well on for something leaving Sandyford environs 6-ish and heading up Djouce-Lugalla-Sally Gap-Military Firing Range-Bohernabreena-Dublin (for example.) Probably want to have a snack before something like that rather than waiting for your dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

Jesus Blorg. I think there may be a carbon footprint issue with all those lumens!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Just to get back to the saddle bag think though, I prefer the old spare tube/tyre strapped to the saddle stem with an old toe clip strap á la Eddie Merckx. Very hipster retro on the auld fixie...

Hey Blorg, where'd you pick up that pannier rack? I'm looking for one that mounts on the stays...

Tnx.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

If you are shocked by the idea of a saddle bag on a fixie you will just love what I've done with my Bowery.
    Reminded me of this great album cover. I suppose some people might find the title appropriate too!:D
    41NYRR0DZRL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

studiorat wrote: »
    Blorg, where'd you pick up that pannier rack? I'm looking for one that mounts on the stays...
    It's a standard rack salvaged from an old bike, attached with P-Clips on the stays and the top bit to the rear brake drilling. I got the P-Clips in Joe Daly's; they are supposedly a common electrical item but couldn't get them in my local hardware shop or many other bike shops. Let me know if you need any more info on how I got it on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Thanks Blorg.
    It's a muddy fox frame and the break cable covers the single tube wishbone shape seat stays thingy. So I guess if I attach to the seat post the p-clips should fit nicely on the bottom of the stays. I'm hoping this will give me clearance for panniers what with a small frame and my big feet. :)

Now are p-clips the same as jubilee clips (hose clips)?

I don't think they are quite the same although jubilee clips might work either.

They are like this, they clamp around the stay and you just tighten on with the rack in place between the bolt and clip:

tortec%2520p%2520clips%252006.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Does it work well then? If it's better at doing my legs than a standard electric razor is on my cheeks, I'll get one! :)

This thread must be one of the most mixed up ever, it all started with a slightly fruity saddle bag :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

IMGP2213.jpg

Great pic, goes especially well with today's Boards theme:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

Does it work well then? If it's better at doing my legs than a standard electric razor is on my cheeks, I'll get one! :)

:pac:
    it's ok ... unionman and tiny have already come out, you're not alone.

Never mind...:o

*Grabs coat and heads for door*

Advertisement