Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yeah yeah ... I know 'Rule 30'

Options
  • 30-10-2008 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭

http://kriegcycling.com/home.aspx that could appeal a few people thought ...

Looking at them myself, I think I'd prefer risk being lost in the middle of nowhere with a puncture under a snow storm than having to use one of them ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

http://kriegcycling.com/home.aspx that could appeal a few people thought ...

Very "Rock Racing"!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Whatever just happened to producing stuff in the four primary bike colours - Black, Silver, Red and Blue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LDB

some cool ones I think
    this one would go well on your bowery http://kriegcycling.com/Pink-Cheetah.aspx
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

LDB wrote: »
    some cool ones I think
    this one would go well on your bowery http://kriegcycling.com/Pink-Cheetah.aspx
    :)
    cough cough cough ... almost choked to death there, I will NEVER afflict this to my nice personalized fixie ( that has been described as 'Sh1t Hot' by some 2 people including me) ... Saddle bags on Fixies anyway ... that's just wrong, only Blorg can get away with it ...

cough cough cough ... almost choked to death there

LOL
    I will NEVER afflict this to my nice personalized fixie
    Come on!! it's pink ... i thought you had a bit of a pink theme going ...

• Advertisement

LOL

Come on!! it's pink ... i thought you had a bit of a pink theme going ...

Subtle is my middle name ... i have pink rails on my saddle and pink handle bar ourys ... the Bag is very very very OTT

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

After reading the Euro Rules and following an intense period of internal reflection, I no longer ride with a saddle bag. I strongly suggest all of you follow suit. If you can't fit it in your pockets, you don't need it. This rule is null and void for the DGD trip.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Saddle bags of any sort are a bit dodgy.
    Only a step away from growing a beard and joining the campaign for real ale !

Subtle is my middle name ... i have pink rails on my saddle and pink handle bar ourys ... the Bag is very very very OTT

I see ... less is more and all that.

You guys are way too purist.
    I'm going to start a revolution .... sunglasses inside helmet straps, non matching water bottles and a saddle bag(might even be flourescent pink one) :eek:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Diarmuid wrote: »

If it were Rock Racing they'd cost around 300 quid. Have you seen the price of their kit?

• Advertisement

el tonto wrote: »
    If it were Rock Racing they'd cost around 300 quid. Have you seen the price of their kit?

Makse Assos look cheap, almost.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭gaffmaster

I have a massive Saddle bag and i'm gosh darn proud of it! There's a tube in it. And tyre levers. And sometimes other stuff too. And it expands! And it nearly touches my rear wheel when expanded.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

RobFowl wrote: »
    Saddle bags of any sort are a bit dodgy.
    Only a step away from growing a beard and joining the campaign for real ale !
    Nothing wrong with campaining for real ale, instead of settling for that awful mass-marketed swill we put up with all too easily these days. You don't even need a beard either! But slippers are comfy.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Raam wrote: »
    Makse Assos look cheap, almost.

Feck that. Makes Rapha look cheap.

Cheap Rapha Stuff ... Ok 1 small cheap Rapha stuff

I am such a useless thread started ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

kenmc wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with campaining for real ale, instead of settling for that awful mass-marketed swill we put up with all too easily these days. You don't even need a beard either! But slippers are comfy.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

el tonto wrote: »
    Feck that. Makes Rapha look cheap.

I ordered something from Rapha today... I feel so bad, yet so good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

If you are shocked by the idea of a saddle bag on a fixie you will just love what I've done with my Bowery.

th_bowery_commuter_01.jpg th_bowery_commuter_02.jpg th_bowery_commuter_03.jpg th_bowery_commuter_04.jpg th_bowery_commuter_05.jpg th_bowery_commuter_06.jpg th_bowery_commuter_07.jpg

blorg wrote: »
    If you are shocked by the idea of a saddle bag on a fixie you will just love what I've done with my Bowery.
    Quick Robin, to the Blorgmobile!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

surely all of that paraphernalia has ruined your feeling of 'oneness' with the bike, the pureness, the karma you experience when riding etc etc??

• Advertisement

Well the rack is very handy for carrying stuff to/from work/shops and the lights keep me alive cycling up the mountains in the dark. But yes, you are right, I think I need a second "pure" fixie :D

Well the rack is very handy for carrying stuff to/from work/shops and the lights keep me alive cycling up the mountains in the dark. But yes, you are right, I think I need a second "pure" fixie :D

any excuse for a new bike!

any excuse for a new bike!
    Well it has been 2 1/2 months, I think I am due one...

Just thinking about it that is three new bikes since April :eek:

Well it has been 2 1/2 months, I think I am due one...

Just thinking about it that is three new bikes since April :eek:

Ok - that is a lot of bikes in one year!
    You'll need to get them their own house soon enough.

I've run out of space. One of the few downsides to apartment living. We've a bike store room downstairs, but I'm always too nervous to put the 'nice' bikes down there. It's a shame, I really love building bikes now. Probably good for the wallet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Raam wrote: »
    After reading the Euro Rules and following an intense period of internal reflection, I no longer ride with a saddle bag.
    You ride a Cervelo don't you? Very Euro. Hope the leg shaving is working out too :D

You ride a Cervelo don't you? Very Euro. Hope the leg shaving is working out too :D

WTF?!

De Raam has yet to be sheared.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

That's a lot of AAA's Blorg. TK11 good ?

• Advertisement

I have been busy charging today, will probably buy a few more from DX as some of these are a bit old at this stage :D

batteries.jpg

I must say the back lights are very effective up the mountains in the pitch black, cars see me from far away and pass really wide. I have one on constant, two on flash and one on strobe. Regarding the front, the TK11 is very effective, lights up the road to quite a distance and oncoming cars dip their lights quite quickly in general (in some cases from around a corner.) I have had repeated experience of cars turning right across the road waiting for me to pass even when I am a ridiculous distance away (up to 200m away), they must think I am a motorbike going substantially faster.

To be honest my experience so far is that the way cars behave I seem to be a hell of a lot _more_ visible than in the middle of the day.

I will try to get some proper shots but this is from my little point and shoot up the mountains yesterday (there was a little bit of snow.) First one is shook, long handheld exposure.

th_IMGP2208_resize.jpg th_IMGP2210_resize.jpg

It's very pleasant cycling up the mountains in the dark, we should organise some boards weeknight spins.

IMGP2213.jpg

Advertisement