Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fixtures for w/end prem...

Options
  • 30-10-2008 11:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

Saturday, 1 November 2008
    Barclays Premier League
    Chelsea v Sunderland, 15:00
    Everton v Fulham, 12:45
    Man Utd v Hull, 15:00
    Middlesbrough v West Ham, 15:00
    Portsmouth v Wigan, 15:00
    Stoke v Arsenal, 15:00
    Tottenham v Liverpool, 17:30
    West Brom v Blackburn, 15:00

some hard games ahead for the pool . and arsenal.
    i think blackburn will easly beat west brom though

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭holdemfoldem

need this weekend to be a good one.. last nite missed a few big bets because of arsenal..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Right get in early - bet for the weekend

Everton to beat Fulham - 4-5
    Chelsea - 1 goal V Sunderland - 8-13
    Man U - 1 goal V Hull - 8-13

Bet365

Pays just over 7-2

Really Chelsea and Utd should hammer these irrespective of what teams they put out and i fell Everton are getting some confidence back now so their odds are a little inflated for the teams they are playing - dont forget they have been the most consistent team over the past 5-6 years outside of the big 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭redfan

also inter milan ladbrokes 4/9 to bottom side regina they just drew 0 0 last night now 4th in serie a. ac milan above them for the first time in ages
    should be a banker
    figo and a few others may return from injury ..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I'm still in the last man standing competition in Paddy power but have a tough weekend ahead of me. Those in bold are my remaining choices.
    Villa look like my best bet. Can someone check the odds for me please as I can't access them here at work. Who do the Bookies think are my best bet ?

1 Nov 2008 Everton 12:45 Fulham
    1 Nov 2008 Chelsea 3:00 Sunderland
    1 Nov 2008 Manchester United 3:00 Hull City
    1 Nov 2008 Portsmouth 3:00 Wigan Athletic
    1 Nov 2008 Stoke City 3:00 Arsenal
    1 Nov 2008 West Bromwich Albion 3:00 Blackburn Rovers
    1 Nov 2008 Sunderland 3:00 Chelsea
    1 Nov 2008 Tottenham Hotspur 5:30 Liverpool
    2 Nov 2008 Bolton Wanderers 4:00 Manchester City
    3 Nov 2008 Newcastle United 8:00 Aston Villa

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

redfan wrote: »
    also inter milan ladbrokes 4/9 to bottom side regina they just drew 0 0 last night now 4th in serie a. ac milan above them for the first time in ages
    should be a banker
    figo and a few others may return from injury ..

well spotted, might get on this one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

Blackburn, man city and everton look good bets, will check the other leagues tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

Or if u stayed on just saturday betting could do everton, portsmouth and blackburn, round 8/1

everton slowly but surly getting results and creeping up the table
    man city will want to be proving them selfs the weekend after that mauling by borrough

very hard to call this weekends games in ... inter milan still my top bet

Man City are always dodgy away from home - last nights result typifies this while they are great at home stay well away from them away from home

Regards yo man with the last man standing - tough choices left

Prob pick either Blackburn or Villa and hesitantly leaning towards Villa plus its on the box Monday night so at least you can watch it (maybe not a good thing after all)

Warper wrote: »
    Man City are always dodgy away from home - last nights result typifies this while they are great at home stay well away from them away from home

Regards yo man with the last man standing - tough choices left

Prob pick either Blackburn or Villa and hesitantly leaning towards Villa plus its on the box Monday night so at least you can watch it (maybe not a good thing after all)

Ya thanks Warper that's my thoughts too..only 50 left in the country now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I'm still in the last man standing competition in Paddy power but have a tough weekend ahead of me. Those in bold are my remaining choices.
    Villa look like my best bet. Can someone check the odds for me please as I can't access them here at work. Who do the Bookies think are my best bet ?

1 Nov 2008 Everton 12:45 Fulham
    1 Nov 2008 Chelsea 3:00 Sunderland
    1 Nov 2008 Manchester United 3:00 Hull City
    1 Nov 2008 Portsmouth 3:00 Wigan Athletic
    1 Nov 2008 Stoke City 3:00 Arsenal
    1 Nov 2008 West Bromwich Albion 3:00 Blackburn Rovers
    1 Nov 2008 Sunderland 3:00 Chelsea
    1 Nov 2008 Tottenham Hotspur 5:30 Liverpool
    2 Nov 2008 Bolton Wanderers 4:00 Manchester City
    3 Nov 2008 Newcastle United 8:00 Aston Villa

Toss up between Villa and West Brom. West Brom 6/4 and Villa 7/5 with Paddy.

i would be jumping on the villa game this week if i had them in any last man standing comp

Thanks guys I think I'll go with Villa.
    And If I'm still standing at the end we're having boards gambling forum pints on me lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭corban

think i'll have a go with the following anytime scorers:
    defoe
    adebayor
    yakubu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Gareth37

Yakubu is bound to start scoring soon.

I have not looked at the stats yet but Sunderland are over priced at 20/1. That seems a tough match for a mediocre poor shaped Chelsea side.

Everton are bound to beat Fulham, interesting match though, must look at stats.

Man Utd should beat Hull something to nothing. Stoke will provide resistance to Arsenal but Arsenal should win something to nothing.

Bray look good against Cobh but am not sure. Cork should get something away to St Pats but it could be a draw. Pats are probably worth laying.

At the moment UCD are the bet of the weekend. A good price too.

gallas out for saturday lads. will miss him there dodgy as fook at the back even with gallas.
    so arsenal at 2/5 away not a really safe bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Aren't Arsenal still really vulnerable to set plays. Delap could destroy them, especially with Gallas out and Almunia in goals. Cheeky stoke bet could be in order because they defended well against the Pool who are better in the air

the more i look at the fixtures this weekend i want to steer clear unless i had 5k to lump on man u whitch i think are solid and theres litle chance of a loss. but then again?lol

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Lao Lao

Interesting bet for a small sum would be

Man Utd v Hull - Draw HT/Man Utd FT
    Stoke v Arsenal - Draw HT/Arsenal FT

16/1 on PP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I know I'm going to sound like a broken record but once again I think the bet of the week is Napoli. They're playing AC away from home and although they don't have a great away record, it's not too bad and they're 6-1 on Betfred. Milan's record at home last season was horrendous and although they strengthened their squad they have a bunch of injuries in the middle of the park and their strikers are still a little green. It showed on Wednesday against Siena who were unlucky to not get away with a point after Galloppa terrorised them and he was a Siena substitute. Napoli have much better quality players. Think about it like this, when was the last time that you had a 2nd vs. 3rd place battle where 2nd place was 6-1 and they weren't **** like Hull

If you wanted, you could trade out on betfair already for a profit

Also on the Italian scene, I haven't bothered to check about injuries but top of the table and 4-1-0 at home Udinese are playing Genoa who's away record is 0-1-3. The price is 1.88 on betfair. Joke. Going on form and talent only one winner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

Gareth37 wrote: »
    Yakubu is bound to start scoring soon.

I have not looked at the stats yet but Sunderland are over priced at 20/1. That seems a tough match for a mediocre poor shaped Chelsea side.

Everton are bound to beat Fulham, interesting match though, must look at stats.

Man Utd should beat Hull something to nothing. Stoke will provide resistance to Arsenal but Arsenal should win something to nothing.

Bray look good against Cobh but am not sure. Cork should get something away to St Pats but it could be a draw. Pats are probably worth laying.

At the moment UCD are the bet of the weekend. A good price too.
    no offence but since when have chelsea become medicocre. i believe that it its a fair price against a sundeland team that seem to lack in all areas bar the keeper who is injured

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

I'm thinking a sneaky €20 on Spurs to beat Liverpool, I think Spurs are on the way up and the Pool are getting away with it at the moment. But my Lock of the Week is:

€50 double Everton / Middlesboro. Odds look like just over 7/2

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Chelsea v Sunderland, 15:00 Chelsea
    Everton v Fulham, 12:45 Draw
    Man Utd v Hull, 15:00 Man Utd
    Middlesbrough v West Ham, 15:00 Draw
    Portsmouth v Wigan, 15:00 Portsmouth
    Stoke v Arsenal, 15:00 Arsenal
    Tottenham v Liverpool, 17:30 Liverpool
    West Brom v Blackburn, 15:00 Draw

Crazy in know to bet them all.

If i had to pick 3 i would pick

Man Utd
    Liverpool
    Arsenal

I'll be at the Man U match myself :)

Portsmouth are also a great bet for the weekend @ 10-11 home to Wigan who are conceding for fun. With Defoe rested midweek he will be all guns blazing - looks like the single bet of the weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Lao Lao wrote: »
    Interesting bet for a small sum would be

Man Utd v Hull - Draw HT/Man Utd FT
    Stoke v Arsenal - Draw HT/Arsenal FT

16/1 on PP
    It's worth a fiver alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Gareth37

Sligo Rovers at 4/5 should be reasonable safe money this weekend at home to Shamrocks ;)

think it was sarge who said it first but napoli are the bet of the weekend 9/2 against milan and they are second in the league above a third placed milan.

if you could get 9/2 on either team in a manu V chelsea match you'd be doing very well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Portsmouth
    Chelsea
    Millwall
    Reading

14.89/1

================================
    Celtic
    Queen of The South
    Swansea
    Arsenal
    Man Utd

15.60/1

=================================
    Reading
    Man City
    Liverpool
    Inter Milan
    Rangers

20.09/1

All Paddy Power prices!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

chelsea, everton, utd, arsenal, blackburn, palace, watford, rangers & celtic to win: @55/1

chelsea, everton, utd, west ham, arsenal, liverpool, portsmouth to win @ 37/1

lot of tricky games out there, think the Utd game is the only "certainty" but at 1/5 not worth pursuing with my bankroll

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

1 Hoffenheim v Karlsruhe (Backing Hoffenheim @ 1.49)
    2 Man Utd v Hull (Backing Man Utd @ 1.16)
    3 Chelsea v Sunderland (Backing Chelsea @ 1.19)
    4 Rangers v Inverness CT (Backing Rangers @ 1.22)
    5 Reggina v Inter (Backing Inter @ 1.4)

@ 3.46

Advertisement