Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WII Deal @ Xtravision

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

No, i think you will have to collect it from the store that you bought it in. Its the same problem in Castlebar.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

neonitrix wrote: »
    can i ask which store did this deal - as i didnt get offered it when i bought mine and am going back to the store to see if i can swap and pay extra for wii play - would be helpful to give a store which was doing it this way.

tks

Neonitrix

XtraVision Athlone refused to allow me purchase Wii Play for €5 extra despite their extra controllers being out of stock. They also said I couldn't pick up the extra controller at another XtraVision store. Not very good customer service.

XtraVision Athlone refused to allow me purchase Wii Play for €5 extra despite their extra controllers being out of stock. They also said I couldn't pick up the extra controller at another XtraVision store. Not very good customer service.

Really? Thats strange, but maybe they are following the book.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭freebee23

Hi Newbie,

Not wanting to rock the boat, but why not drop in and talk with the Athlone Store manager. Xtravision head office might also be able to help out in this regard. You have already paid for the extra controller as per their offer i.e. you paid the 10.00 euro, along with some other stores offering the Wii Play 5.00 euro offer, I would be surprised if they could not help you out in this regard.
    I have always found Xtravision's customer service quite good so fingers crossed......

Chers,
    Freebee23

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

I just picked one up in Baggot street who swapped the extra controller for Wii Play no problem. They'd no nunchuks left so I've to come back to collect one on Thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

Xtravision in Ongar said the same. Not able to change for the Wiiplay even though I said the Blanch store was doing it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

freebee23 wrote: »
    Hi Newbie,

Not wanting to rock the boat, but why not drop in and talk with the Athlone Store manager. Xtravision head office might also be able to help out in this regard. You have already paid for the extra controller as per their offer i.e. you paid the 10.00 euro, along with some other stores offering the Wii Play 5.00 euro offer, I would be surprised if they could not help you out in this regard.
    I have always found Xtravision's customer service quite good so fingers crossed......

Chers,
    Freebee23

Maybe so. In truth I was a bit annoyed going home with just one controller.

I explained to the staff that other XtraVision branches allowed people to purchase Wii Play for €5 extra but they wouldn't budge. If they'd had enough extra controllers, I wouldn't have been bothered in the slightest. Now I have to wait a week for my second controller even though they had plenty of Wii Plays in stock.

I'm not complaining for the sake of it but the only reason I bought the Wii was to play two-player games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

When you buy a Nintendo DS for €149 you get one of the following free, Brain Training 1 or 2, Maths Training, Sight Training, Big Brain Academy or 42 All Time Classics.

and get €5 off another game or accessory pack.

I just phoned about this offer but the console on its own is €149.99. You get the option of the console plus one free game but you have to buy a second game and they give you €5 off that too for €169.99.

Is this the best deal available at the moment or does anyone know of a better one? Just looking for the basic ds console.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭neonitrix

freebee23 wrote: »
    Hi Neonitrix,

I got this deal in Xtravision Blanchardstown Centre. Just get your local store to phone Blanch and that should clear up any issues.
    Cheers,
    Freebee23

thanks for this - just collected wii play with controller today for the extra fiver.

Neonitrix

• Registered Users Posts: 4 RedJack

Just got the pack with Wii Play in Extravision Drogheda, no probs.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭freebee23

pissed wrote: »
    I just phoned about this offer but the console on its own is €149.99. You get the option of the console plus one free game but you have to buy a second game and they give you €5 off that too for €169.99.

Is this the best deal available at the moment or does anyone know of a better one? Just looking for the basic ds console.

Hi pissed,

I am also on the lookout for a Nintendo DS Lite and here are my results so far:

ZAVVI......(a) DS Lite any colour with choice of 1 Free Brain Train game 135.00
    (b) Also have Console with 2 older games for 135.00.

HMV........same as (a) above

GAME.......DS Lite with Wall-E game 135.00

SMYTHS...(a) DS Lite console 149.99.
    (b) DS Lite with Ben 10 game and Gamer Accessory Pack 149.99. (This is a special offer Bundle)

Online DS Game offers:
    sendit.com are offering £1.00 sterling discount on all of their items using code SENDIT10 (This was mentioned on another post. However the discount worked even when I ordered an item for less than £10.00) They are selling some DS Double game packs for £16.79 including discount (http://www.sendit.com/sendit/9989702.product)
    Also selling Ben 10 game for £11.89 with discount.
    Hope this helps

Freebee23

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

ZAVVI......(a) DS Lite any colour with choice of 1 Free Brain Train game 135.00
    (b) Also have Console with 2 older games for 135.00.

Cheers for that, looks like I will be going with the deal in ZAVVI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

No-one but a vision manager would be that enthusastic about the vision deals. They set unrealistic targets for your Q4 bonus again?

Anyway looks decent, if your onto your DM get them to launch a decent 360 package.

RasTa wrote: »
    No-one but a vision manager would be that enthusastic about the vision deals. They set unrealistic targets for your Q4 bonus again?

Anyway looks decent, if your onto your DM get them to launch a decent 360 package.

Haha, unrealistic targets! Thats for sure! And a DM won't do fook all for bundles. The WII bundle is pretty savage tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭kmb

Just got the wii with wii play etc for €284.99 in douglas cork.

Thanks op.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Now all the Wii needs is some decent games. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Zelda is a great game for it as is mario galaxy.

It's worth keeping an eye on argos prices ,I got zelda and other games for 25 euro. They are back up at the moment though.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

311 wrote: »

It's worth keeping an eye on argos prices ,I got zelda and other games for 25 euro. They are back up at the moment though.

One is a Gamecube game so after 2 years on sale you're left with one game to mention?

jayteecork wrote: »
    One is a Gamecube game so after 2 years on sale you're left with one game to mention?

I don't have a gamecube and I played both.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Smyths up north you can get the Wii console (with Wii sports) & Wii Fit for £229.99 / €284.
    Smyths here in the south same deal is round €325. Worth a trip up north to see what deals are on offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

311 wrote: »

For Wii games check out play.com

Carnival Games - €13.99 delivered (Argos €29.99)
    Battle of the Bands - €6.99 delivered (Argos €44.99)

play.com are delivering most 'in stock' items within a week or so at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭thecons

The offer is still on in Xtravision, and in some stores if you ask for a game that comes with an extra controller, they'll let you swap the free controller, so you're getting another game for approx €5. Can't beat that. Just ask in store and you might be lucky!

fdevine wrote: »
    For Wii games check out play.com

Carnival Games - €13.99 delivered (Argos €29.99)
    Battle of the Bands - €6.99 delivered (Argos €44.99)

play.com are delivering most 'in stock' items within a week or so at the moment

I gave the wii to my sister ,along with the ten games I got.
    It's a great little console.

Deal is still on but stock seems to be drying up a bit. No Wiimotes or nunchucks in many xtravisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭neonitrix

jenno86 wrote: »
    Deal is still on but stock seems to be drying up a bit. No Wiimotes or nunchucks in many xtravisions.

u can still get the deal and collect wiimote or nunchucks when they get delivery in usually tuesday and thursdays. thats what i did.

neonitrix

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭tall chapy

The Package was €279 . There was an offer for €269, but it had an extra game instead of the Nunchuck or controller.

Removed extra controller & for €5 extra I swapped it for Wii Play, which has a extra controller included.
    Selected Mario Kart as the free game (comes with a steering wheel).Purchased another steering wheel for €13/14.

So for €297 I got...
    Wii Console
    Wii Nunchuck
    Wii Steering Wheel
    Wii Mario Kart (Game - with steering wheel)
    Wii Sports (game - comes with console)
    Wii Play (Game - with controller)

They had 5 left yesterday

This deal is on until the 23rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Kilteragh

I bought last week. Still waiting for stock to come in. Thanks to the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭DaveMR

Just been in xtravision in Enniscorthy
    Got Console, sports game, 2 x remotes, 2 x nunchucks, 1 x game ( mariokart with the steering wheel) for €279 + €10
    However...
    the lady in shop was adamant that there was no way she would exchange extra remote for wii play with a payment of €5 extra. Said scanning codes etc was reason
    I mentioned other shops doing it and specifically blanch and asked her would she ring them. She said whatever Blanch had done they shouldn't have done! and that she could not do anything
    Is there anyway I can try and exchange the extra handset elsewhere for wii play and pay the €5 extra? its still in its box etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Kilteragh

DaveMR wrote: »
    Just been in xtravision in Enniscorthy
    Got Console, sports game, 2 x remotes, 2 x nunchucks, 1 x game ( mariokart with the steering wheel) for €279 + €10
    However...
    the lady in shop was adamant that there was no way she would exchange extra remote for wii play with a payment of €5 extra. Said scanning codes etc was reason
    I mentioned other shops doing it and specifically blanch and asked her would she ring them. She said whatever Blanch had done they shouldn't have done! and that she could not do anything
    Is there anyway I can try and exchange the extra handset elsewhere for wii play and pay the €5 extra? its still in its box etc?

Follow up to my previous post: The stock arrived in yesterday (XV Dooradoyle, Limerick). They rang me to collect and when I asked for the remote / Play exchange they said sure no problem and they thought it made sense to do it :)

Very happy bunny here. Thanks again OP.

Advertisement