Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WII Deal @ Xtravision

Options
  • 29-10-2008 2:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭

Buy a Nintendo WII (with WII Sports incl.) for €269

and get an Extra Wii Remote, Nunchuck and ANY game worth up to €49.99 for just €10!

Wii Remote = €44.99
    Nunchuck = €19.99
    Game = €49.99
    ________
    Total = €114.97
    -€10.00
    ________
    Total Saving = €104.97

Great deal, so anybody thinking of getting on for Christmas! Get it now! There will be WII shortages again this year for sure and this deal is only on for a short while so get it quick, they say its on unti Friday but they change their minds on the bundles all the time.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

THIS IS A LIMITED TIME OFFER!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Are Wiis still in short supply? I had trouble getting mine almost two years ago. Barely play it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

there's 25% off the Wii in Tesco tomorrow too

TPD wrote: »
    Are Wiis still in short supply? I had trouble getting mine almost two years ago. Barely play it though.

No they are fine at the moment but give it another month and you won't be able to get one or a Nintendo DS.

there's 25% off the Wii in Tesco tomorrow too

Xtravision deal is alot better IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

jenno86 wrote: »
    Xtravision deal is alot better IMO.
    Yes.. because you work there! :pac:
    I work in Xtravision and sold about 30/40 of these myself and 6 to my family and friends

Please be careful with how you choose your words on promoting your employer from now on please!

basquille wrote: »
    Yes.. because you work there! :pac:

Please be careful with how you choose your words on promoting your employer from now on please!

Fair enuf! But anybody can see its a good deal! Its a bargain if you were thinking of getting one! Saving of over €100!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭lfcefc

Any ds deals in xtravision?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

What happened to the game of the week deal xtragame use to do ? I haven't seen it for ages !

lfcefc wrote: »
    Any ds deals in xtravision?

Yup.

When you buy a Nintendo DS for €149 you get one of the following free, Brain Training 1 or 2, Maths Training, Sight Training, Big Brain Academy or 42 All Time Classics.

and get €5 off another game or accessory pack.

(Am I allowed do this if somebody asks me a question?)

• Advertisement

Smoggy wrote: »
    What happened to the game of the week deal xtragame use to do ? I haven't seen it for ages !

Its still there alright. Just not a new deal everyweek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭lfcefc

Yup.

When you buy a Nintendo DS for €149 you get one of the following free, Brain Training 1 or 2, Maths Training, Sight Training, Big Brain Academy or 42 All Time Classics.

and get €5 off another game or accessory pack.

(Am I allowed do this if somebody asks me a question?)

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

I picked up the wii deal at lunchtime. The 'free' game i got with it was Mario Kart with the wheel!
    The savings on the receipt - €104.97! Rather happy about that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mossyd

Sounds like a good offer alright. Nice bit of savings there. Fair play!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Hmm, getting a Wii for my daughter's Xmas present, this looks like a better deal then 25% off at Tesco, for €67 extra you are getting a free game, another controller and a nunchuck, which is definitely a good deal. Very tempted.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

How long is this offer running for ? , think I am going to go for this rather than the Tesco 25% off

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

The one in Gamestop is also quite good too. The wii including wii sport, extra controller, nunchuck, Wii Play, MarioKart with the wheel, and any €29.99 game for €329. So you are getting Wii Play along with another game extra to the extravision deal assuming you take Mariokart as your game with the extravision deal

Aquos76 wrote: »
    The one in Gamestop is also quite good too. The wii including wii sport, extra controller, nunchuck, Wii Play, MarioKart with the wheel, and any €29.99 game for €329. So you are getting Wii Play along with another game extra to the extravision deal assuming you take Mariokart as your game with the extravision deal

If you pay an extra €5 ya can get WII Play with the xtravision bundle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

I got one of those deals in XTRAVISION last night.
    Thanks for the head-up :)

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Thats a better deal than that from Gamestop so. So comparing like for like, It will cost €279 for Wii and extra controllers plus any €49.99 or less game,+€5 extra for Wii Play+€29.99 for another game of that value= €314 compared to €329 in Gamestop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

Aer you sure ?
    I phoned XTRAVISION (where I bought the bundle last night) and they have no information. They say that I could have opted for Wii Play as the game included, but they had no detail on any add-on offer.
    Also, are there any other such add-ons ?

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭freebee23

TarfHead wrote: »
    Aer you sure ?
    I phoned XTRAVISION (where I bought the bundle last night) and they have no information. They say that I could have opted for Wii Play as the game included, but they had no detail on any add-on offer.
    Also, are there any other such add-ons ?

Got this deal yesterday. Added the Wii Play for extra 5.00 Euro.
    Just go back to the store and get them to change the extra Wii controller valued at 45.00 euro for the controller with the Wii Play game included valued at 50.00 euro. This is how the extra 5.00 is added in. Hope this helps.
    Not too sure if there are any further ad-ons but imo highly unlikely.

See my other post on Zavvi deals for wii controller rechargeable battery pack (8.00 euro each) that connects onto back of Wii controller and will save you a small fortune in replacement battery costs.

Cheers,
    Freebee23

freebee23 wrote: »
    Just go back to the store and get them to change the extra Wii controller valued at 45.00 euro for the controller with the Wii Play game included valued at 50.00 euro. This is how the extra 5.00 is added in. Hope this helps.

See my other post on Zavvi deals for wii controller rechargeable battery pack (8.00 euro each) that connects onto back of Wii controller and will save you a small fortune in replacement battery costs.

Cheers,
    Freebee23

Exactly! ;)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Hard to believe the RRP of the Wii is still €270, 2 years after release.

All it is is a Gamecube with a new controller and a measly(in fairness) 512MB of Flash memory.

You'd think with the price of memory lately Nintendo could throw in at least 2GB.

I'm still refusing to buy one.
    Super Mario Galaxy is the only game that interests me on the system TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

jayteecork wrote: »

All it is is a Gamecube with a new controller and a measly(in fairness) 512MB of Flash memory.

You'd think with the price of memory lately Nintendo could throw in at least 2GB.

It's not expensive for the use it gets. Theres mobile phones with less technology and cost more.

jayteecork wrote: »

Scab! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭neonitrix

freebee23 wrote: »

Cheers,
    Freebee23

can i ask which store did this deal - as i didnt get offered it when i bought mine and am going back to the store to see if i can swap and pay extra for wii play - would be helpful to give a store which was doing it this way.

tks

Neonitrix

• Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭rednik

I've been looking around for the last few days for some WII deals and luckily enough spotted this thread this morning after which I ran up to my local Xtravision and bought the console with their deal. Thanks Jenno.:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭freebee23

neonitrix wrote: »
    can i ask which store did this deal - as i didnt get offered it when i bought mine and am going back to the store to see if i can swap and pay extra for wii play - would be helpful to give a store which was doing it this way.

tks

Neonitrix

Hi Neonitrix,

I got this deal in Xtravision Blanchardstown Centre. Just get your local store to phone Blanch and that should clear up any issues.
    Cheers,
    Freebee23

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭akadesign

Bought one of these deals in walkinstown, they had no extra controllers in stock but they said they'd ring me when they get them in just bring receipt, does anyone if I can get one in another store?

Advertisement