Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCU IV

Options
  • 28-10-2008 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

(sorry to jump the gun on dcu but there are a few issues that people have to be made aware of)
    After the shoot there will be an ISAA meeting, an the agenda is:
    Formal adopting of the reworded rules
    Meeting with IAAA vetting officer (even if you are not an IAAA club you need to attend).
    At the start of the shoot I'll answer any questions about the rules for the comming year. The main change that effects the DCU IV is:
    Barebows who've shot over 450 shoot on a 40cm.
    I'll do my best to get the rules together with others before the 8th (one week before) but no promises!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭SonicTheBadger

the 8th? IAAA calender thinks the 15th...

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭span

the 8th? IAAA calender thinks the 15th...

James is saying he'll have the rules together by the 8th, one week before the IV on the 15th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Aryzel

The DCU IV information was sent to me as a contact for Maynooth, anyone have the current Maynooth contact so i can pass it on? I know Jerome has passed over the club so who is the new contact?

Dermot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭SonicTheBadger

il find out today, hevent trained in a while

Could someone from DCU tell me the entry fee for next weekend please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭spudnick

""The DCU IV information was sent to me as a contact for Maynooth, anyone have the current Maynooth contact so i can pass it on? I know Jerome has passed over the club so who is the new contact?

Dermot ""

Thatd be me,

ANDREW.COSGRAVELYONS@NUIM.IE

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭ruiner

This is the mail that was sent out

Hey everyone,

Sorry firstly if these are the wrong email addresses.all i got on file so
    please forward it onto your relevant clubs please. I know its short notice
    on the details so sorry about that too.

The DCU IV will have a 9.30 for 10 start for the early group and 11 for 11.30
    for the late group. The late group will be UL GMIT NUIG and at least one
    other college. It will depend on numbers so if you can get these to us as
    soon as possible that would be great. the team size will be 20 but again
    depending on numbers we may be able to extend this so you need to get your
    team to us ASAP!

The shoot will be open to guests too since the Dublin Archers Shoot is not
    being held on the sunday. guest positions will be on a first come first serve
    basis. details of this will be sent to the IAAA tomorrow as will there be
    a post on boards about it.

When you send us the team details please include name gender category and
    bow type(recurve, compound, barebow). also if you have any special requests
    as to a target, face or position you prefer to shoot please tell me and i
    will do my best to accommodate you because it wont likely happen on the day.

Could you also please reply with an up to date club email address for each
    of you and please send your replies to myself at omoorebrian@gmail.com
    Hope to see you all soon and hear from you sooner.

Brian
    Chairperson
    DCUAC

As for prices it's 10Eur for students and juniors and 15 for guests

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭MicS

James, can I ask to send me a copy of rules for this season, or at least the changes from the last year that affect categories and scores?

And whoever will be doing scores at DCU IV, please send me the full scores after the competition. The full info like category, college and gender of participants is needed, especially for novices. I will not come to competition, so don't assume that I'd know whether somebody is a guy or a girl :) And if somebody changed college since last year and shooting for a different team now, it should be explicitly noted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Not sure how many will be interested but DCU's Animé and Manga soc are running eirtakon this weekend too, might be something to entertain folks during the breaks while the other group shoots.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

With the combination of the meeting(s) after the IV, the traffic with the rugby match and the last train to Galway leaving at about 6.45, what are our chances of getting that train????

EDIT: Never mind, seems there are more trains because of the match - go figure :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Panserborn wrote: »
    With the combination of the meeting(s) after the IV, the traffic with the rugby match and the last train to Galway leaving at about 6.45, what are our chances of getting that train????

EDIT: Never mind, seems there are more trains because of the match - go figure :rolleyes:

You can always get the bus back, from busarus they go every at half past the hour, so 6:30, 7:30, 8:30, ...

Well done DCU, enjoyable as always!

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Renegade_Archer

Are the results online anywhere?

Cheers

Ewan

yes anyresults?
    still dont know where i came???

so is there medals for barebow and advance barbow now??

thanks

Should be I reckon, same as recurve.

Results are online at usual place: http://www.ucd.ie/archery/ under Results/Intervarsity League. Sorry that it took me so long to put results online. Also at the moment the barebow categories are not separated yet, but it will be fixed later.

There are some questions. Can DCU hosts, relevant people or their captains answer?
    - John Smith moved from Maynooth to DIT, correct?
    - score of Andrew Cosgrave Lyons. "Won section" is not enough for me.
    - Patrick Graham from Carlow was shooting as recurve beginner, but previously he had scored more than 350 as barebow so he cannot be considered as beginner anymore. Was he really shooting in recurve beginner category? Or was it barebow instead?
    - what is correct name "Mohd Nazrimi Zarim Abdul Rahman" or "Mohd Nazrimi Zarim Abdul Rahaman"?
    - what is preferred spelling of the name "Owen Russell Hill" or "Owen Russell-Hill"?
    - what is correct name "Charlotte Maguire" or "Charlotte McGuire"?

There are likely to be other errors in names/gender, especially for new people.

Great work Mikhail :)

Had my first UK Intervarsity a couple of weeks ago, must say it hasn't got a faction of the organisation or attendence or fun that that Irish ones have. Keep up the great work everyone.

btw, anyone do a head count at the DCU IV, looks like massive turnout from a first glance at the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭ruiner

From DCU's chair

-yes john smith shoots for DIT

-Andrew Cosgrave Lyons shot 560
    -yes patrick graham shot beginner. The 350 is the score to get the white badge. 425 is the score needed to become advanced barebow. A score of 400 is needed with a recurve to advanced to a 40cm face

-Mohd Nazrimi Zarim Abdul Rahaman is the correct name. If this is not correct then it was sent incorrectly. Names were copied and pasted from the email.

-Owen Russell-Hill is spelled with a hyphen preferably though it is not critically important

-Charlotte Maguire spelled without a 'c', again i have no idea where there would have been a difference in spelling as all names were copied and pasted.

• Advertisement

ruiner wrote: »
    425 is the score needed to become advanced barebow.

Really?

On the rules that went out it says 450.

I'm not complaining though, I think personnally that 425 is a better score to move to advanced (any barebower that shoots 400+ on a 60cm is well good enough to consider themselves a capable barebower).

hmm, ye misunderstood mikhail abit.

Patrick Graham is listed as having shot in the Recruve Beginners category (not barebow), however as he previously shot 350 barebow, he is ineligible to shoot in the Beginner Recruve category. See the rules at the top of the forum, and the revelevent section is repeated below. Basically if you break 350 on barebow, you can't move the recurve beginners, maybe that rule has being changed in the new rules, but thats how it stood previously, and is probably what Mikhail is asking about.

(2) Beginner. Any archer who has not scored the following at an Intervarsity or Schools competition can shoot as a beginner, if they choose.
    400+ points in the Beginner category.
    350+ points in the Bare Bow/Long Bow categories.
    300+ points in the Advanced/Compound category.
    400+ points on a 60cm target in a Schools Competition

Did Patrick shoot Barebow at the DCU IV, if he did then his listed in the wrong category on the results, just update the results. If he shot recurve(with a sight) then he should have shot 40cm target, not 60cm one. The relevent rule for that case is basically that his score needs to be discounted and carlows team score recalculated.

Breaking of Rules
    (1) If a score should not have been counted, then it should be discounted.
    (2) If during a competition an archer is found to be shooting in an invalid category, then every effort should be made to let the person shoot in the correct category of the remainder of the competition. The decision lies solely with the competition host, who should do whatever they deem appropriate for the competition as a whole.
    (3) If after a competition an archer is found to have shot in an invalid category or were ineligible to compete. Then the score should not have been counted and should be discounted and the correct results calculated.
    (4) Invalid scores must be discovered before four weeks after the final intervarsity of the season. The change in results can take longer, but the invalid scores must be announced to a committee representative from each college within the four weeks following the final intervarsity. After the four weeks no other invalid scores will be considered.
    (5) While ever effort should be made to confirm that all colleges are fully aware of the League rules, it is the responsibility of each college to know the rules. Ignorance of the rules is not a valid excuse if the rules are broken.

Yes, Dermot, I was talking about this rule. This rule was valid at least in the last year when that 350+ score was achieved. As Patrick is currently in the top 5 of the team, it also affects team standings. Can [someone from] the committee decide on it and tell me what to do with the score? However, in my opinion, beginner barebow to advanced barebow transition rule is irrelevant here, especially given that 425/450 barebow score is much more difficult to achieve 400 using bow with sight.

ruiner wrote: »
    -Mohd Nazrimi Zarim Abdul Rahaman is the correct name. If this is not correct then it was sent incorrectly. Names were copied and pasted from the email.

-Owen Russell-Hill is spelled with a hyphen preferably though it is not critically important

-Charlotte Maguire spelled without a 'c', again i have no idea where there would have been a difference in spelling as all names were copied and pasted.

I understand that the names were copied from emails. I just write here about names which were spelled differently for previous competitions (which in turn may have been copied from some other emails). But I also know that some people feel really sensitive about their own names, so I prefer to ask it and avoid being blamed later. I hope that the people involved or somebody from their teams tell me the correct spelling :) In last years, I used to walk around the hall before next IV, hunt down people and ask their names.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭doogle deegan

Just to let you know,

Daniel Healy Grace should be in Barbow not male recurve :)

John Smith did not shoot for maynooth last year, he was a guest. He is in DIT now

Sarah

Patrick Graham shoots barebow so it's just a case of his score being in the wrong Category.

span wrote: »
    Patrick Graham shoots barebow so it's just a case of his score being in the wrong Category.

Then the problem with Patrick is resolved. But does that rule still stands: 350+ in barebow cannot shoot as recurve beginner?

MicS wrote: »
    This rule was valid at least in the last year when that 350+ score was achieved. As Patrick is currently in the top 5 of the team, it also affects team standings. Can [someone from] the committee decide on it and tell me what to do with the score?

Will members of the rules committe be at Maynooth to decide on this "once advanced, always advanced" rule? Does Patrick (or any other archer in a similar predicement - spelling :rolleyes:) know what type of target they will need to shoot on in Maynooth and after? Would need to be sorted before sighters are shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭doogle deegan

Phil Ryans score is missing from the results, he shot for LIT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 PokeyMcArrow

Ya I entered him for LIT. I think they put him down as a guest on the day.. Thats probably why his score isn't there

Advertisement