Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need a hug ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

@ Farohar's post - awwwww.....

She Devil - *big hug*

I know it's crap to be job hunting, but remember - this too will pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭ali.c

**hugs** there is nothing worse than messing up when you are well prepared. Spent a good while looking for my current job about 8 months after finishing college at the time i was pretty down about it but I did end up (eventually) in the perfect* job for me if thats any comfort

*well almost anyway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Bug hug + 1 handy rejection response aid kit

Dear X ,
    Thank you for your letter of October 28th. After careful consideration, I regret to inform you that I am unable to accept your refusal to offer me <insert position here> <insert joke re position here if you ar an AH fan) position in your department.
    This year I have been particularly fortunate in receiving an unusually large number of rejection letters. With such a varied and promising field of candidates, it is impossible for me to accept all refusals.
    Despite your outstanding qualifications and previous experience in rejecting applicants, I find that your rejection does not meet my needs at this time. Therefore, I will assume the position of layabout in your department this November. I look forward to seeing you then.
    Best of luck in rejecting future applicants.
    Sincerely,

She Devil

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Never nice to happen, but here's a big hug from me to you....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Bruce11

Well She Devil, best of luck with the forthcoming letter and has been said i echo that you may yet do beter than you believe. Some positive attitude, and if they don't selcet you then they will be at a loss and they will be the fool.

Hug to you too plus a warm fire, cup of tea and fav TV show on too while you relax and forget about it all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

Thank you everybody, so nice in here, i love it!!!
    Anyway i have an update,
    The HR girl rang today for two references, she said its the next step in the recruitement stages, so i gave two ref's one of a great boss and one of a tough boss with the rep for giving out not so great ref's! So i text him and said BE NICE, he said he would!!
    So maybe just maybe i did ok .............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

She Devil wrote: »
    Thank you everybody, so nice in here, i love it!!!
    Anyway i have an update,
    The HR girl rang today for two references, she said its the next step in the recruitement stages, so i gave two ref's one of a great boss and one of a tough boss with the rep for giving out not so great ref's! So i text him and said BE NICE, he said he would!!
    So maybe just maybe i did ok .............

Unreal. I bet you are one of those drama queens that comes out of exams in bits going I failed I failed only to get a B.

Everybody should demand there hugs back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Unreal. I bet you are one of those drama queens that comes out of exams in bits going I failed I failed only to get a B.

Everybody should demand there hugs back.

Are you not done trolling yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

I need a hug!!

I have a really bad cold and a throat infection, I also cant hear out of one of my ears, I am so grumpy right now it's not even ironic.

Dragan wrote: »
    Are you not done trolling yet?
    Its not trolling its just showing up somebody for what they are. Trolling would be just trying to get a reaction for the sake of it. I don't want a reaction I just want to be me.

And don't talk to me until you can do pull ups with 40KG hanging off you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Its not trolling its just showing up somebody for what they are. Trolling would be just trying to get a reaction for the sake of it. I don't want a reaction I just want to be me.

And don't talk to me until you can do pull ups with 40KG hanging off you.

LoL. In fairness, that was a pretty funny response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

Big hugs!! :D

Maybe it wasn't as bad as you think :)

Aw no seriously i'm not a drama queen, i was in tears coming out of there yesterday, i did a shyte interview, i messed up when i was so prepared to do so well. I'm sorry i have pissed you off Climate Expert, but you just seem like a pretty pissed off person anyway!!! So my apologies to you, to everybody else, trust me i wasn't over reacting .... thank you for your kindness and love xxx

She Devil wrote: »
    Aw no seriously i'm not a drama queen, i was in tears coming out of there yesterday, i did a shyte interview, i messed up when i was so prepared to do so well. I'm sorry i have pissed you off Climate Expert, but you just seem like a pretty pissed off person anyway!!! So my apologies to you, to everybody else, trust me i wasn't over reacting .... thank you for your kindness and love xxx

Apology accepted, you've learned a lesson now. And I can't help being so angry its just how God made me. I should be getting all these hugs in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

*hugs* to everyone who has recently had a bad job interview (an extra squeeze if it was for a job he/she really wanted) and another *hug* to anyone who's having a generally sh*t day. :)

Dellgirl2 wrote: »
    Dear X ,
    Thank you for your letter of October 28th. After careful consideration, I regret to inform you that I am unable to accept your refusal to offer me <insert position here> <insert joke re position here if you ar an AH fan) position in your department.
    This year I have been particularly fortunate in receiving an unusually large number of rejection letters. With such a varied and promising field of candidates, it is impossible for me to accept all refusals.
    Despite your outstanding qualifications and previous experience in rejecting applicants, I find that your rejection does not meet my needs at this time. Therefore, I will assume the position of layabout in your department this November. I look forward to seeing you then.
    Best of luck in rejecting future applicants.
    Sincerely,

She Devil

HAHAHAHAHA . . . I think I might actually have to use that one day . . .

Apology accepted, you've learned a lesson now. And I can't help being so angry its just how God made me. I should be getting all these hugs in fairness.

God made you a blank canvass, you coloured it in, they must have been out of the coloured crayons for you, grey sucks! :P
    Hugs for you Mr Cynical !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

GrumPy wrote: »
    I need a hug!!

I have a really bad cold and a throat infection, I also cant hear out of one of my ears, I am so grumpy right now it's not even ironic.

I have the same fricking thing 7 days and it still aint gone it sucks it does I tells ya.

About 5 years I did a terrible interview one of the worst you could possibly do. I was late for it. I blanked on answers to questions and just was sooo bad ended up getting that job.

She Devil fingers crossed here is a **big hug** of hope good sign they asked for references. Smart companies are those who aint complete aholes when it comes to interviews nerves can get to the best of us and make us fumble in ints. Good Luck hope you get it. Im just bck from US and struggling to get a job but keeping positive ye know. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Put it this way, you feel like shít now, but i bet when you do actually get a job, it will be much better than this and you'll be glad you messed up in the interview. Things could be a lot worse, i've been job hunting for a month now, a whole month and i have my very first interview on friday... a month!!! :)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Well kindly tone the anger down a bit in here or I'll be having words with this god fella about what's the best way to smite a person.

I GOT THE JOB

Thank you for the hugs guys :) it was all the positive energy from here :) I'm sure of it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Congratulations, that's great news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Cmol

Congrats Hun!!

Drinks are on She_Devil! Wooooo

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Congratulations!! :D

We did tell you that you would!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Hey, congrats!

Have another hug now. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Yay! ;) Chuffed for ya chick, see, you did better than you thought! :)

Fantabulous!!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

Yaysies! Extra you-got-the-job hugs are now required!

*HUGS*

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

This thread makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.... so nice to see a nice thread bar the odd posts!!!

• Advertisement

Jules wrote: »
    This thread makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.... so nice to see a nice thread bar the odd posts!!!
    You must live a fairly bleak life if threads like this cheer you up.

Advertisement