Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weakness of the cyclist ...

Options
  • 28-10-2008 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭

I am tired of getting targetted by these emails promissing me good deals!!!!

Caroline One-Week-Only Specials from Wiggle.co.uk as they always end up like this: Your order 6181060000 has been placed on Wiggle ... and my bank account like this: your Balance is EUR 00.25 ...

Please reasure me I am not the only one ... and tell me I do not need a new pair of Cycling shoes just yet as it will not make me go faster ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

you are not alone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

kenmc wrote: »
    you are not alone :(

For I am here with you,
    Though we're far apart,
    You're always in my heart,
    But you are not alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

For I am here with you,
    Though we're far apart,
    You're always in my heart,
    But you are not alone.

Wow ... Linking Michael Jackson and cycling now ... Mmmmm Not too sure about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

Coming on this forum isn't any better.

These arrived today after someone posted them a while ago and I had to get a pair (Actually 2)

sockguy-wanker-socks-navy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I have a new workstand sitting behind me here from Wiggle's specials last week. In fairness, I did need one. Tempted by the mid-length tights this week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭paddyb

im the same! Most of my money seems to end up at wiggle or crc these days

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

We're all weak... just this morning I ordered a shiny new helmet... and I still am not sure why -think it was the concussion talking :eek:

We're all weak... just this morning I ordered a shiny new helmet... and I still am not sure why -think it was the concussion talking :eek:
    Congrats!! I bought nice new gloves ... for my poor broken thumb...

concussion from what? Credit card bill fall off a shelf? :)

• Advertisement

concussion from what? Credit card bill fall off a shelf? :)

Ah, you must have missed this....

• Registered Users Posts: 31,025 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Me too. Bell Ghisallo Black/Carbon FTW!

Anyone want a 15-year old radiator-white Giro, never crashed or raced? No, thought not.

Lumen wrote: »
    Me too. Bell Ghisallo Black/Carbon FTW!

Anyone want a 15-year old radiator-white Giro, never crashed or raced? No, thought not.

Went for a Giro Ionos myself.

Biggest problem I have with the Wiggle emails is that I go to the site, get seduced by the 'savings' and order without seeing if it's cheaper elsewhere! :)

Went for a Giro Ionos myself.

Biggest problem I have with the Wiggle emails is that I go to the site, get seduced by the 'savings' and order without seeing if it's cheaper elsewhere! :)

Very impressive.

With the "savings" from my Bell ("only" €60), I bought an Assos skull cap. This is premiership-level weakness - you buy a helmet full of holes, then a hat to keep your head warm.

Very impressive.

With the "savings" from my Bell ("only" €60), I bought an Assos skull cap. This is premiership-level weakness - you buy a helmet full of holes, then a hat to keep your head warm.
    ... yea you deserve 1st class honours for this one ... very 'weakpressive'

Ah, you must have missed this....

FORKING HELL!!!!!!
    that must've hurt. get well soon.

edit.... didn't you already have a Shain like mine? what happened to that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

This is premiership-level weakness - you buy a helmet full of holes, then a hat to keep your head warm.

we do like to create a problem with one purchase so we can solve it with the next, don't we?
    penexpers wrote: »

or you've bought so many unnecessary accessories for your bars that you actually need a special bar accessory to add more accessories to. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

I have gone completely over the top, for a novice cyclist. Will now be a fully fledged fred.
    Have already spent 4.5x the assumed cycling tax benefit.
    New Bike, coming in a few weeks (Dolan Hercules), New Winter Tights (assos winter tights), gloves (campy), Assos Airjack 851.
    I will now tell myself that I have absolutely no excuse for not heading out in the worst weather imaginable. (Although with two new screaming kids at home, being out cycling in a hurricane and tsunami is preferrable).
    I guess it is a danger of any hobby, in that hobbyist derive as much satisfaction out of the "stuff" that is to do with the hobby than actually
    partaking in the hobby.

penexpers wrote: »

Superb! Not sure if you're joking or not, but I was actually thinking of fitting a second stem for my completely pointless "3600 Lumen project" (4 x 900 lumen flashlights). This looks much neater, and only 110g.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I got the Ionos too, €120 off CRC. I already owned a helmet, I notice no difference in weight or quality between the two and helmets still sit really weird on my head compared to "regular" people.

I was swayed by the "Sale - 30% off!"

I swear, its like eurosaver. Whenever I hit the eurosaver after a night out I must spend about a tenner because so many bargains are hurled at me. False economy, no?

• Advertisement

I am not helping I know ... I resited but will you? I was out to Lidl to get apples for my special Chaussons Aux Pommes during my Lunch break and I saw that ... 9.99 for the double funtion pedals ... Lidl in Blanchardstown Shopping Centre ... Note as well HR Monitor for those interrested ...

65584.jpg

FORKING HELL!!!!!!
    that must've hurt. get well soon.

edit.... didn't you already have a Shain like mine? what happened to that?

Still hurts quite a bit now!

Yes yes, I have the Shain, hence the comment that it must be the concussion talking... I never found it all that comfortable tbh (part of the not wearing it factor), and the Giro was reduced on CRC so had to be got... I'm so weak :(

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭stuf

which LIDL were those peddles in Caroline? a tenner's very nice for an SPD fixie experiment

EDIT - ahh blanch I see by scrolling half a mile to the right - hmm - might try the one on Cork St. after work.

Still hurts quite a bit now!

Yes yes, I have the Shain, hence the comment that it must be the concussion talking...

MMmm that's what competitive high speed cycling does to you ... You're such a bad ass cyclist tiny!!!!

I think giro also do these ones ...
    65587.JPG

MMmm that's why competitive high speed cycling does to you ... You're such a bad ass cyclist tiny!!!!

I think giro also do these ones ...

Awh man, laughing hurts quite a lot right now, and I'm in agony after seeing that! You rock Caroline!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

blorg wrote: »
    Tempted by the mid-length tights this week.

Just get a pair of knee warmers they are cheaper

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

E@gle. wrote: »
    Just get a pair of knee warmers they are cheaper

Big plus one. I only bought knee warmers for the first time this year and they're a bloody great invention. Mind you, today was a full length tights day. Went out hopelessly underdressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

ROK ON wrote: »
    I have gone completely over the top, for a novice cyclist. Will now be a fully fledged fred.
    Have already spent 4.5x the assumed cycling tax benefit.
    New Bike, coming in a few weeks (Dolan Hercules), New Winter Tights (assos winter tights), gloves (campy), Assos Airjack 851.
    I will now tell myself that I have absolutely no excuse for not heading out in the worst weather imaginable. (Although with two new screaming kids at home, being out cycling in a hurricane and tsunami is preferrable).
    I guess it is a danger of any hobby, in that hobbyist derive as much satisfaction out of the "stuff" that is to do with the hobby than actually
    partaking in the hobby.

Let me know how you get on with those assos tights - I'm seriously considering them...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Junior

You all need to step away from ther computer and the credit card..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Let me know how you get on with those assos tights - I'm seriously considering them...

Assos Winter Tights are the biz. Was out on Sunday, my torso froze to near death. My ass, and legs were nice and toasty. They are so comfy that I would consider wearing them all day every day!!! Fleece lined.

Advertisement