Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamesnash.ie - €5 off

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Talk about dangling carrots !!! ;)
    Next they'll be offering you their first borns! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

i just want my copy of fm2009 today / tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭mathie

+1 for Gamesnash.ie
    Ordered GTA IV from you guys when everywhere else was sold out.
    Delivery very quick too.
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Have found them to be excellent and would highly recommend them. How someone can have a problem with this is beyond me. The customer service blows the pants off Play and others. That alone is easily worth the few extra punts. Plus a game arriving on release day in the post box saving me from a trip into town when hungover is priceless. Lets see if they can do it again this Friday when COD is due to arrive.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

I'd recommend everyone giving Gamesnash a go.

I traded in Gears of War, Saint's Row, Mass Effect, and NHL 2K8(Just old games I never really liked) and this was enough to get a brand new copy of Fallout 3 off them.
    They even give a generous P&P allowance for when you mail your games to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I used Gamesnash.ie before and was highly impressed with the level of service and personal replies to e-mails.

Just waiting for that first traded copy of Tiger Woods 09 (360) to hit their site and I will be sending more business their way.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭GHOST MGG2

+1 to gamesnash
    I have to say i am HIGHLY impressed with the quality and promptness of the service i have received from gamesnash.Having been the victim of many cockups and mistakes from other so called well known game supply companies, i was a bit sceptical of placing an order with these guys.
    Having said that,the merchandise i ordered arrived this morning in PERFECT condition with no fuss or hassle, and i as i said in an earlier post i will now be using gamesnash as my primary games supplier:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

Yeah i definetly recommend everyone to use gamesnash..ordered gta iv off them earlier in the year when everywere else was sold out..and i received nice and early on release day..also bought a wii system earlier during the year with them and they actually went out of there own way and delivered it by hand so that i would get it the next day

great service.. :)

also wondering will i get Call of Duty: World at War for the PC on release day this friday if i order it today?

cheers

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

GHOST MGG2 wrote: »
    +1 to gamesnash
    I have to say i am HIGHLY impressed with the quality and promptness of the service i have received from gamesnash.Having been the victim of many cockups and mistakes from other so called well known game supply companies, i was a bit sceptical of placing an order with these guys.
    Having said that,the merchandise i ordered arrived this morning in PERFECT condition with no fuss or hassle, and i as i said in an earlier post i will now be using gamesnash as my primary games supplier:D:D:D

Delighted it worked out for you ! Always nice to hear positive feedback :)

IgsTer wrote: »
    Yeah i definetly recommend everyone to use gamesnash..ordered gta iv off them earlier in the year when everywere else was sold out..and i received nice and early on release day..also bought a wii system earlier during the year with them and they actually went out of there own way and delivered it by hand so that i would get it the next day

great service.. :)

also wondering will i get Call of Duty: World at War for the PC on release day this friday if i order it today?

cheers

You would need to place the order very soon to get it out on todays dispatch which could have it with you tomorrow !

If dispatched tomorrow guarantee it with express post or take the An Post 95% service gamble ;) on the free standard delivery arriving for Friday too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Have to say, I'm very impressed.

I do everything online, and trading in games with Gamesnash.com was easy.

I sent them a list through their online form, got prices back in 1-2 days, good prices too which included postage.

Boxed off the games, and got email confirmation with the voucher code in another 1-2 days, ordered some games, and delivery was another 1-2 days.

So all in all, while it might take a 6-7 day turnaround (with standard post) for a trade in & buy, you can do it all from the comfort of your home/office without having to go to an actual shop and get ripped off on both the trade in and the purchase.

Thumbs up from me

zAbbo wrote: »
    Have to say, I'm very impressed.

I do everything online, and trading in games with Gamesnash.com was easy.

I sent them a list through their online form, got prices back in 1-2 days, good prices too which included postage.

Boxed off the games, and got email confirmation with the voucher code in another 1-2 days, ordered some games, and delivery was another 1-2 days.

So all in all, while it might take a 6-7 day turnaround (with standard post) for a trade in & buy, you can do it all from the comfort of your home/office without having to go to an actual shop and get ripped off on both the trade in and the purchase.

Thumbs up from me

Yeah my copy of Fallout 3 got mailed today after I ordered last night.
    Sent the games off from Cork last Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

You would need to place the order very soon to get it out on todays dispatch which could have it with you tomorrow !

If dispatched tomorrow guarantee it with express post or take the An Post 95% service gamble ;) on the free standard delivery arriving for Friday too :)

ah only got the chance to order it a few minutes ago..so i think i missed my chance to get it tomorrow :(

was always expecting to get it on friday anyhow so no real problems

also went with the 95% gamble with an post standard delivery..has always went well for me in the past.. so lets hope all goes well again :D

thanks gamesnash

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

They might be good for shipping / fast delivery etc but their prices are a rip off. I just looked at their Nintendo Wii games and I have seen 95% of them for a lot cheaper in the shops (both new and second hand).

Example:
    Super Mario Smash Bros - €49.99 new on Gamesmash (I bought it 2nd hand for €35)

Wii fit - €94.99 new on Gamesmash (I saw it new for €70)

Rayman Ravin Rabbits 2 - €34.99 new on Gamesmash (I bought it new for €29.99)

Everything else seems to be the same price that most shops sell for (I do not see any Wii game on that site that I can get for cheaper than in a high street store)

That website seems like rip off central to me....at least for wii games anyway. (Oh and I am only making my comparisons to the high street shops and not to other online retailers)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Pegasus15

kingtut wrote: »
    Example:

I don't think that it's fair at all to compare the price of a new game to a pre-owned one. God, I remember having "fair experiments" driven into my head when I studied Science.

After all the promises etc made , I have just gotten an email saying that i will not get my fm2009 on time , I'm not I'm pressed now at all. First impressions last.

They might be good for shipping / fast delivery etc but their prices are a rip off. I just looked at their Nintendo Wii games and I have seen 95% of them for a lot cheaper in the shops (both new and second hand).

Example:

Wii fit - €94.99 new on Gamesmash (I saw it new for €70)

Rayman Ravin Rabbits 2 - €34.99 new on Gamesmash (I bought it new for €29.99)

Everything else seems to be the same price that most shops sell for (I do not see any Wii game on that site that I can get for cheaper than in a high street store)

That website seems like rip off central to me....at least for wii games anyway. (Oh and I am only making my comparisons to the high street shops and not to other online retailers)

Thanks for the feedback – couple of things

• Its Gamesnash not Gamesmash ;)
    • Not going to bore the regular thread readers ! here with repeating what we have already posted so please have a read of our main reply on page 2. The huge high street retailers like Game have the same purchasing power as play.com etc and can again afford to loss lead on the last of a few titles where we are in the situation that our prices are dictated by the Irish distributors prices. Also please bear in mind we have packaging / postage costs to allow for too.
    • Wii Fit is one of those titles that the postage cost is astronomical compared to the cost / retail of the product. It costs us €16.00 to ship a Wii Fit – and that €16.00 plus vat at retail means €20.00 of that €95.00 is being wiped out by the postage costs. We have openly posted about this in the Wii Fit thread here on boards.ie. In fact since we have dropped the price to €95.00 we make a profit of approx €4.00 on a Wii Fit.
    • Rip Off is a lovely expression  the actual meaning of it taken directly from dictionary.com ….
    1. an act or instance of ripping off another or others; a theft, cheat, or swindle.

2.exploitation, esp. of those who cannot prevent or counter it.
    • We don’t steal, cheat or swindle anyone and we don’t exploit those who cannot prevent or counter it. We have our costs to provide the service we provide. We make what a lot of people have described as an insanely low profit margin. We are very open about our prices and how we are struggling to compete with the bigger retailers. We will get there and when we do we of course will be able to pass on our purchasing power in terms of lower prices but as things stand our stall is set out as providing unbeatable customer service at the best possible price. We are confident we are very competitive in general.
    •Again its easy to cherry pick prices that are bettered elsewhere but to be fair a pre owned price versus a new price is a little below the belt :D
    •Everyones entitled to their opinion of course but we’re looking a the definition of a troll here on dictionary.com and ……………… can’t help but wonder ;)

Sarge wrote: »
    After all the promises etc made , I have just gotten an email saying that i will not get my fm2009 on time , I'm not I'm pressed now at all. First impressions last.

Have to hold our hands up – we dropped the ball – more accurately as was explained in the email the Irish distributors for Sega have dropped it. We don’t even have the ball to drop.

What has happened for those who would not be aware is that the Irish distributors for Sega have informed us that they have not received their own inbound delivery yet and are not going to until Friday afternoon. As such we are not going to receive the stock until it is too late to ship in time for delivery on Friday.

To be fair we have offered the following to all pre orders for this title …

a) Free express post / courier dispatch on Sauturday morning - this will be delivered to you on Tuesday morning at latest. We will refund any postal charges already paid and an extra €5.00 to make up for the delay.

or

b) Should you choose to purchase the game on release day in any retail outlet we will refund you your entire order value plus give you €5.00 credit on your account here at Gamesnash. Furthermore any difference in price between our price and the price you pay for the game on the high street stores will also be added to your account in credit form if you post the receipt into us.

Have to hold our hands up – we dropped the ball – more accurately as was explained in the email the Irish distributors for Sega have dropped it. We don’t even have the ball to drop.

What has happened for those who would not be aware is that the Irish distributors for Sega have informed us that they have not received their own inbound delivery yet and are not going to until Friday afternoon. As such we are not going to receive the stock until it is too late to ship in time for delivery on Friday.

To be fair we have offered the following to all pre orders for this title …

a) Free express post / courier dispatch on Sauturday morning - this will be delivered to you on Tuesday morning at latest. We will refund any postal charges already paid and an extra €5.00 to make up for the delay.

or

b) Should you choose to purchase the game on release day in any retail outlet we will refund you your entire order value plus give you €5.00 credit on your account here at Gamesnash. Furthermore any difference in price between our price and the price you pay for the game on the high street stores will also be added to your account in credit form if you post the receipt into us.

Can't say fairer that that.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Fixed all those tags as it hurt my head to read that..

• Advertisement

Well I have sent the email back looking for the refund back on my card thanks. I pre order a game so that its 100% that i will play the game on the day of release. Now i appreciate the goodwill gesture from your company but as I'm sure your well aware of in the business circles that a good first impression is a must.

Kind regards
    stephen / sarge

Sarge wrote: »
    Well I have sent the email back looking for the refund back on my card thanks. I pre order a game so that its 100% that i will play the game on the day of release. Now i appreciate the goodwill gesture from your company but as I'm sure your well aware of in the business circles that a good first impression is a must.

Kind regards
    stephen / sarge

I'm painfully aware that first impressions are so important and I can't change that, but dont forget....... second chances come in a very close second.......;)

I've sent out over 100 copies of wrath of the lich king this week as well as 100's of copies of over 20 other new releases this month and all on time and even early. I have hand delivered copies where an post has let me down, I have sent the warehouse guys out to deliver when they cock up. This one title is unfortunately, the one that I have no control over and I will defend myself and my company and state that there is no other gaming company, either online or store based that would offer the service that I offer.

I am upset that my supplier has let me down, and I have let you (and many others) down if there was something I could do to fix this, I would. but I can't.

You say you appreciate the goodwill gesture, maybe you will use gamesnash for your next purchase, maybe you won't.... Thats up to you, I can do no more....:(

Joanne

Thanks for the feedback – couple of things

• Its Gamesnash not Gamesmash ;)
    • Not going to bore the regular thread readers ! here with repeating what we have already posted so please have a read of our main reply on page 2. The huge high street retailers like Game have the same purchasing power as play.com etc and can again afford to loss lead on the last of a few titles where we are in the situation that our prices are dictated by the Irish distributors prices. Also please bear in mind we have packaging / postage costs to allow for too.
    • Wii Fit is one of those titles that the postage cost is astronomical compared to the cost / retail of the product. It costs us €16.00 to ship a Wii Fit – and that €16.00 plus vat at retail means €20.00 of that €95.00 is being wiped out by the postage costs. We have openly posted about this in the Wii Fit thread here on boards.ie. In fact since we have dropped the price to €95.00 we make a profit of approx €4.00 on a Wii Fit.
    • Rip Off is a lovely expression  the actual meaning of it taken directly from dictionary.com ….
    1. an act or instance of ripping off another or others; a theft, cheat, or swindle.

2.exploitation, esp. of those who cannot prevent or counter it.
    • We don’t steal, cheat or swindle anyone and we don’t exploit those who cannot prevent or counter it. We have our costs to provide the service we provide. We make what a lot of people have described as an insanely low profit margin. We are very open about our prices and how we are struggling to compete with the bigger retailers. We will get there and when we do we of course will be able to pass on our purchasing power in terms of lower prices but as things stand our stall is set out as providing unbeatable customer service at the best possible price. We are confident we are very competitive in general.
    •Again its easy to cherry pick prices that are bettered elsewhere but to be fair a pre owned price versus a new price is a little below the belt :D
    •Everyones entitled to their opinion of course but we’re looking a the definition of a troll here on dictionary.com and ……………… can’t help but wonder ;)

I am going purely on the cheapest price going for a game, which yes as you pointed out means that I am comparing new games to second hand...at the end of the day I want to spend as little money as possible so if I see a new game for €50 and the same game 2nd hand for €40 then I am always going to go with the cheaper one even though it is 2nd hand.

Apologies about calling you Gamesmash :(

As for using the term rip-off I was not going by the dictionary - I simply meant (this is an example only) that one retailer is selling a game for €50 and the other for €40 so if I was to buy it for €50 then I would feel like I was being ripped off.

With that being said, I will always go with the cheapest buy. I can buy the wii games that are on your website for less in the high street stores, if however you have the cheapest game on your website then I would jump at the chance to buy. Especially wii fit!!! I can get it for €70 at the cheapest at the moment and I do not think it is worth it at that price. I would pay €55 max. I don't suppose you can sell it at that price :D

Money is everything these days..save save save...this is bargain alerts after all :p

Pegasus15 wrote: »
    I don't think that it's fair at all to compare the price of a new game to a pre-owned one. God, I remember having "fair experiments" driven into my head when I studied Science.

It is when I am looking to get the game for the cheapest price possible.

Joanne,

I have to stay thumbs up for letting people use laser cards!! Most websites will not let you.....so next time I am looking for a new wii game I'll certainly check out your website first.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭ronano

nice to see feedback

Joanne,

I have to stay thumbs up for letting people use laser cards!! Most websites will not let you.....so next time I am looking for a new wii game I'll certainly check out your website first.

I take back the troll implication.....;)

If we are ever in a position to sell a wii fit for €55, you are the first person I will contact!:D

Joanne

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

If we are ever in a position to sell a wii fit for €55, you are the first person I will contact!:D

Are you suggesting kingtut is obese?

Ouch! Wait until the internets gets wind of this PR disaster! ;)

I take back the troll implication.....;)

Joanne

Troll?? Surely that is someone who posts for the sake of it no?? Or someone who posts 1000s of times for no reason? Or a big green ogre thing that guards bridges??

I'm sure in a few months time you will be able to sell it at that price and if you do I might consider recommending your website :D
    Fnz wrote: »
    Are you suggesting kingtut is obese?

Ouch! Wait until the internets gets wind of this PR disaster!

lol!! maybe if I get a free wii fit in the post I won't press charges and get their business shutdown :P(joking!!!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

lol!! maybe if I get a free wii fit in the post I won't press charges and get their business shutdown :P(joking!!!)

Quiet, tubby! ;)

Advertisement