Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tower 7 Collapse- 9/11- BBC2 Documentary

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

I was looking for somewhere to post this thinking there'd have to be a dedicated 9/11 thread on here but there isnt as far as I can see.

Several threads, just search.
    Its also funny how a lot of them were identified by passports or other ID that survived the explosions, yet not even the chairs of the planes or any luggage survived at the Pentagon.

Or maybe we can all look at the videos which show quite a lot of debris being basted out of the buildings when the planes exploded inside. And shock horror the light smaller items would be blasted out a lot easier than the heavy items.

Which wouldn't compare with a plane crashing into a building that is far too big for the debris to blast out the far side, just like pentagon.

Ever think that just maybe there is a simple straightforward obvious reason for something?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Its also funny how a lot of them were identified by passports or other ID that survived the explosions,

They weren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

bonkey wrote: »
    They weren't.

They were. I know I was only 12 when it happened but I remember seeing it on the news. Someone fairly high up in politics stood up and said "we know who they are". An off duty FBI agent found the passport or of one of the "hijackers" on the ground.
    Or maybe we can all look at the videos which show quite a lot of debris being basted out of the buildings when the planes exploded inside. And shock horror the light smaller items would be blasted out a lot easier than the heavy items.

Which wouldn't compare with a plane crashing into a building that is far too big for the debris to blast out the far side, just like pentagon.

but at the same time as an explosion there was a fireball which would have easily burned up things like paper. Everything else was destroyed including engines and all evidence that a plane hit the building (i.e chairs, luggage), but yet bits of paper flew out of the 2000 degree fireball and landed a few hundred feet away to be found by an FBI agent.

Convenient.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Actually no, there was plenty of debris from the plane. But they didn't ID the hijackers fromt their passports, they identified them from the records of the tickets they bought. None of the hijackers hid their identities, so it was easy to find out who was who.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Im trying to find them again, but the terrorists were never named on the flight manifest that was released to the public. I found the released version a couple of years ago but i dont have the link to it any more.

• Advertisement

They were. I know I was only 12 when it happened but I remember seeing it on the news. Someone fairly high up in politics stood up and said "we know who they are".
    Yes. Some stood up and said that the terrorists had been identified. They did not say that they had identified them by their passports / ids.
    An off duty FBI agent found the passport or of one of the "hijackers" on the ground.
    That is half-correct. It was handed to an NYPD detective by an unknown passer-by. The detective then gave the passport to the FBI.

What did not happen was that someone found a passport and someone said "oh, wait, he must be one of the terrorists". Rather, they identification of the terrorist and the finding of the passport were two seperate, unrelated events.

but at the same time as an explosion there was a fireball which would have easily burned up things like paper.
    There is no end of shots of the ground around the towers, after the planes hit, before the towers collapsed. Guess what...there's masses of paper lying around.

When en explosion happens, the shockwave travels in front of everything else. It can pick up light material (i.e. paper) and move it out of the area.
    Everything else was destroyed including engines and all evidence that a plane hit the building (i.e chairs, luggage), but yet bits of paper flew out of the 2000 degree fireball and landed a few hundred feet away to be found by an FBI agent.
    Let me propose a test for you. If you agree with my predicted results without carrying out the test, feel free not to do so.

Take your computer to a height...say the roof of your house. Take a book there as well, and maybe a couple of loose sheets of paper. In fact, stick some sheets of paper to the outside of the book and the outside of the computer as well.

Throw book, computer and loose sheets of paper from the roof, at the ground, just about as hard as you can without risking falling off the roof.

My prediction:

1) You computer will be badly damaged, if not outright smashed to pieces
    2) The book may be slightly damaged, but the individual pages within it will be fine.
    3) The sheets of paper stuck to the computer and book will be, at most, torn in two or maybe three pieces.
    4) The loose sheets will be fine.
    Convenient.
    Yes, physics is convenient. It tends to work more-or-less the same all the time, so we can conduct tests like the one I propose to check our theories.

So which do you think we should agree on here:

- There is something unusual about chairs etc. being wrecked in the massive impact

or

- You should have no issues throwing your computer off a building, because it'll be no more damaged than a sheet of paper or a book would be.

Im trying to find them again, but the terrorists were never named on the flight manifest that was released to the public. I found the released version a couple of years ago but i dont have the link to it any more.

http://www.911myths.com/html/no_hijackers_on_the_manifests.html

Advertisement