Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Date - Advice Needed!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Reframe it. It was rehearsal.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,279 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

smiler26 wrote: »
    Well, I called him and he said he wasn't looking for anything serious, and that he thought I was lovely, but has realised he doesn't want to be with anyone at the moment.

Gutted :(

That's a bummer, sorry to hear that, but as has been said, at least you're not hanging around waiting to find out if he's interested in you. Better luck next time.

Last time I'm giving out advice around here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

Well, I called him and he said he wasn't looking for anything serious, and that he thought I was lovely, but has realised he doesn't want to be with anyone at the moment.

Ah, I'm sorry Smiler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

I agree with metrovelvet. Rather than concentrate on the negative, highlight the positive. A date is a step in the right direction towards finding that elusive guy :) The only way is up (hmm I now have that song in my head baaah!)

A.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Ahh Smiler, thats a shame (for him :) ). Anyway, it was a ''practice'' date and you will be that much less nervous for your next first date.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Smiler you have no idea how much i envy you now. I really wish nearly every man i've dated had said that to me instead of dragging me along their rollercoaster of weirdness/psychoticness/beastiality/cheating/abusive/controlling natures/allergy to showers/dungeons and dragons etc. At times like this you should read the worst dates thread and see what you've escaped! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

Lol, bestiality. I really hope that was a joke Lola... for your sake!

Smiler, that's crap. I'd like to give him an auld smack for you. But better for him to tell you upfront, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

aww I'm sorry to hear that :( but hey at least you found out right at the beginning before your feelings for him got even stronger...

Sure there are plenty of nice men out there so go find your one who will impress you even more than him and hopefully he will be up for a relationship. Best of luck!!! :) *hugs*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Another dead romance ............over before it even began :(

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Poloman

Just from a mans point of view:

Your better off you found out now than later and it was good practice.

As for what to wear: We dont care. Seriously. We get nervous too and we go on a date as we like you and are already attracted to you so dont worry about what to wear. We already think you look good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

Aww what a turnaround thread :( ... you are wasted on that guy hun, the effort will be worth it the next time xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭smiler26

Thanks again everyone. I'm so amazed and chuffed with how nice everyone here is. TLL rocks!

The good thing is that it actually boosted my confidence a lot (despite the ultimate rejection). Believe it or not, I feel like it's a good thing. And the weird thing is I got asked out by someone in work on Wednesday (I said no (kindly) though, as he wasn't my type).

I think it just proves to me that it's all about having self-esteem. I think I was after turning into a proper hard ass career girl. So lesson learned, and hopefully I'll find someone else soon.

But seriously though, thanks girls (and boys). For someone who doesnt post here a lot, I was totally touched!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭JackieO

Just started reading this thread and thought it was going to turn into a lovely happy ending story. Unfortunately that wasn't to be the case. But, as others have said, thats his loss. It wasn't meant to be and he is to be commended for being totally upfront and not trying to string you along. I think that was probably somewhat helped by the fact that you called him and he had to think/act fast. In some ways text messages are a curse I think.

NOW, onto your next practice session Smiler. Nothing like a successful date to lift your spirits and your self-confidence. I mean even if it didn't go anywhere it could still be considered a successful date and its all part of the fun of trying to find that someone special. Makes them all the more precious when you do actually find them!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

shellyboo wrote: »
    Lol, bestiality. I really hope that was a joke Lola... for your sake!

Smiler, that's crap. I'd like to give him an auld smack for you. But better for him to tell you upfront, I guess.

Not something i partook in, read manukahoneys worst date thread and you'll see!

Smiler, you should read it too, since what could have been with this one, hopefully you'll feel better!

Advertisement