Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplement shops in Cork area?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭TrueMass

I have to say you are not exactly comparing like with like.

ON whey and Reflex whey are higher protein content then Supplement factory whey protein, they are higher then the majority of whey protein products in the market.

Flavour wise is different for every individual. I like Cytosport flavours and ON 211 recovery, im not a fan of their whey flavours. Reflex flavour wise is decent in my opinion but from other posters you can see they love it.

I have no vesed interest in any supplement companies or retailers!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

sorry to jump in but getting back to the original post does anyone recommend a good supplement shop in Cork? I need some advice but the place I usually go isnt that much into fitness (more of a herbal shop, etc) and I just don't trust the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭DM-BM

I don't know about advice, but Mahers on Oliver Plunket st. sell supplements and lifting equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

BrianjG wrote: »
    sorry to jump in but getting back to the original post does anyone recommend a good supplement shop in Cork? I need some advice but the place I usually go isnt that much into fitness (more of a herbal shop, etc) and I just don't trust the advice.
    Building a body on North Main St

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

Esse85 wrote: »
    Building a body on North Main St

are you recommending it (your own experience) or just listing it for reference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Cabal

I called in to Building a Body, and the guy working there was cool, and gave me the usual advice, and explained why prices had gone up etc. Made recommendations based on his experience. I would have been happy to shop there because of the service, but the prices are still really high compared to what you can get online in the UK. I wish I could support local businesses, but I have to support myself first as I have a very low income at the minute. I have a feeling that's where a lot of the guys posting here are coming from with regards to shopping online.

I happen to be heading across the border this week, so I ordered 10lb of protein to a UK address and I'll bring it back down with me.

If it helps, I went for ON Whey... it was 68 quid inc. delivery. It seems reasonable. You can get it slightly cheaper on ebay, but I'd rather buy from someone I've dealt with before. I ended up looking at so many prices I really can't remember how much the same would have cost down here, but like I said, it was just as easy to order it and pick it up while I'm up North.

Cheers for the help!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

They sponsored the World Drug Free Powerlifting Championships which were held down in Kinsale in 2006, so that's a major plus for them in my book (not that I've ever purchased anything off them as I live in Dublin).

A few of the guys in my gym buy from there and have had no problems.

Id buy from there if i didnt order online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 RazorR

I buy from the following two sites and find them great. Both have a great selection, great prices and next day delivery. Both sell ON 10lb bags for around €85 and 5lb tubs of American brand protein for €39.99. Fast, solid and reliable...

www.discountsupplements.ie
    www.universalnutrition.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bodybuilding

ajk24 wrote: »
    there is a new shop just opened in the shopping centre (dunnes stores) also on north main street. haven't been in there yet but will stick my head in next week to check out prices. will report back.
    i was there, they have nice selection

• Advertisement

i was there, they have nice selection
    Thats where Marcus Ruhl visited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

id be fairly sure the dude above runs it! (body building)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

id be fairly sure the dude above runs it! (body building)

A c(s)hilling revelation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement