Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woodlawn House - Would you sh1t a brick spending a night there?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Jessica xxx

ultain wrote: »
    If it was in the summer you could make a camping trip out of it, at worst you'd get some great photos of a really cool house, the place is like a small villiage!
    You wouldnt even get a chance to pitch a tent near that house and you would be ran out of it in seconds by security.

ultain wrote: »
    Jesus, thats handy, when you get the **** scared out of you, ya can pop next door and put all back in.
    Good one! :D

redanza wrote: »
    So does anybody know where we go to ask permission to stay on the grounds? Or even get in?

Theres a group of us thinking of going for a wee look but dont want to if its going to be a wasted journey...

Has anyone ever spoken to the security guard ?
    I doubt very much they would grant permission to go inside mainly for safety reasons. It is very dangerous inside that house. If someone fell through a roof or got hurt their heads would be on the chopping board!
    "I'm not condoning it", but the only way anyone will get in there is by complete sneakiness!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 redanza

Well thanks a million for the advice....

I really want to check this place out now...

Get the old scooby-doo crew into the van and go ghostbusting after the hours of darkness...

Sounds like you know the place well ...Is it woth risking it to get in and sneak around?

Well thanks a million for the advice....

I really want to check this place out now...

Get the old scooby-doo crew into the van and go ghostbusting after the hours of darkness...

Sounds like you know the place well ...Is it woth risking it to get in and sneak around?

I have actually never been in that particular house, a good friend of mine has been in it and told me all about it. I have been in many houses fairly like it so i kinda know what to expect.

They are dangerous enough in the day light i cant imagine what it would be like at night. :eek:

Never the less i still wouldn't mind seeing inside it for myself at some point but prob not at night theres holes everywhere in the floors in there. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

Sounds like you know the place well ...

You read my mind.

I have actually never been in that particular house, a good friend of mine has been in it and told me all about it. I have been in many houses fairly like it so i kinda know what to expect.

Ahhh since time immemorial, dual identities have been enjoyed by individuals. But thanks to modern technological wonders, people can be one person for the,er, 'price' of one :D Online dual identities- be a bloke, a monkey, a woman, a freshly painted wall or whatever floats ur boat. Brilliant :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭AI

I said this on the another woodlawn thread, but just to be totally clear...

Woodlawn is private property, it's changed hands since I was in the place and the new owner got totally fed up with kids trying to break in all the time. He installed a full security system, infrared cameras, intercom system to the local guardi the whole lot. If you go near the place you will be seen and to get inside the place you will be breaking and entering which is a criminal offence.

Ya man there recently got a restoration grant so it looks like this place will be saved, work is already on going at the game keepers lodge just behind the house. Fair play and best of luck to the new owner cos he's got a huge undertaking fixing up this place.

As before Woodlawn is also not haunted, the previous owner who's family has owned the place since it was built told me nothing mysterious or vaguely paranormal has ever occurred at Woodlawn. There isn't even a ghost story! I spent four hours in the place and found it had a nice calm atmosphere, the only thing to be scared is falling through the floors which are well dodgy!!

The snoopers are about 2 or 3 years too late for this one. You should of gone when the place was left abandoned like I did.

Woodlawn :-
    http://www.abandonedireland.com/wl.html

AI wrote: »
    I said this on the another woodlawn thread, but just to be totally clear...

Woodlawn is private property, it's changed hands since I was in the place and the new owner got totally fed up with kids trying to break in all the time. He installed a full security system, infrared cameras, intercom system to the local guardi the whole lot. If you go near the place you will be seen and to get inside the place you will be breaking and entering which is a criminal offence.

Ya man there recently got a restoration grant so it looks like this place will be saved, work is already on going at the game keepers lodge just behind the house. Fair play and best of luck to the new owner cos he's got a huge undertaking fixing up this place.

As before Woodlawn is also not haunted, the previous owner who's family has owned the place since it was built told me nothing mysterious or vaguely paranormal has ever occurred at Woodlawn. There isn't even a ghost story! I spent four hours in the place and found it had a nice calm atmosphere, the only thing to be scared is falling through the floors which are well dodgy!!

The snoopers are about 2 or 3 years too late for this one. You should of gone when the place was left abandoned like I did.

Woodlawn :-
    http://www.abandonedireland.com/wl.html
    Well that clears that up then, basicly NO ONE is getting inside Woodlawn House.

You read my mind.

Ahhh since time immemorial, dual identities have been enjoyed by individuals. But thanks to modern technological wonders, people can be one person for the,er, 'price' of one :D Online dual identities- be a bloke, a monkey, a woman, a freshly painted wall or whatever floats ur boat. Brilliant :rolleyes:

Sorry im lost??? Could you explain what you mean?

Had to go and have a look at this place...

How could the owners leave such a beautiful building to
    rot like this...Ghosts or not its such a terrible site to see
    a house of such beauty left to decay on its own in the middle
    of a forest...Im sure the ghost stories have been concocted
    because of the sorry state of the place as it does look quite
    spooky...

Im glad it will be restored and something will be done with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

You read my mind.

Sorry im lost??? Could you explain what you mean?

I think he's suggesting you and Jessica are the same person with two accounts ? heh

Have no clue what he basis that on. But then again, I haven't read that much of this thread.

koHd wrote: »
    I think he's suggesting you and Jessica are the same person with two accounts ? heh

Have no clue what he basis that on. But then again, I haven't read that much of this thread.
    Eh i dont think so pall, why would i have 2 accounts? I dont know what MrMoJoRisin meant either by that post!! STRANGE.....

Oh yes because that would be so much fun, post a question and answer it myself under a different guise....Good detective work there. Dzzzope

Anyway.......

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

The report button is <<<there if you have a problem with a post, or poster. Please use it instead of taking a thread off course. Thanks.

You read my mind.

This isnt an English Literature class! Its a paranormal form! So i suggest you keep your smart remarks to yourself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭paranormal

wooooo its getting a bit heated in here.and whats all this talk of dual identities

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

MooseJam wrote: »
    If it's known as Irelands most haunted would you be tripping over other ghosthunters whatever the time
    Hmmmmm... a smoke machine, laser beams, and a few short range radios come into mind :D
    tullasteve wrote: »
    A lot of reports have been from people who keep saying that they hear a woman crying from the top of one of the stairs.
    Hmmmmm... great minds think alike :D
    AI wrote: »
    In that case, I wouldn't go near the place. I hope he does wonders with the place, but that it doesn't get half-finished like Grange Castle.

paranormal wrote: »
    wooooo its getting a bit heated in here.and whats all this talk of dual identities
    Some other poster talking cra* and complete noncense!! Probley has nothing better to do. I have one user name only, god some people are so sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

Some other poster talking cra* and complete noncense!! Probley has nothing better to do. I have one user name only, god some people are so sad.

You're getting awfully defensive and insulting yourself for someone who supposedly has nothing to hide.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

pookie82 wrote: »
    You're getting awfully defensive and insulting yourself for someone who supposedly has nothing to hide.

This subject is now closed. Keep to the original topic.

• Advertisement

So dose anyone know when renovations will start?

Anyone?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Choochacha

I went up to Woodlawn earlier today, didn't go right up to the house though. Its a fantastic place. There is obviously some work going on there. There was a group called the friends of woodlawn house formed at some stage, but I think they are no longer active.
    Is it true it is going to be a hotel or nursing home in future? Does anyone know who the owners are now? It will be a monumental undertaking to restore that place, surely it would be cheaper to build from scratch. Fair play to them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Choochacha wrote: »
    I went up to Woodlawn earlier today, didn't go right up to the house though. Its a fantastic place. There is obviously some work going on there. There was a group called the friends of woodlawn house formed at some stage, but I think they are no longer active.
    Is it true it is going to be a hotel or nursing home in future? Does anyone know who the owners are now? It will be a monumental undertaking to restore that place, surely it would be cheaper to build from scratch. Fair play to them though.

This it toal opinion, put it's possibly a 'listed building' hence can't be knocked and started again from scratch? I'm open to correction on this, but seems to be the most sensible clause?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Choochacha

Hi John

When I said build from scratch I meant at an alternative location.

Advertisement