Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WoTLK Midnite Sales in Ireland?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Well from the official site Cork is the only place in Ireland that is doing a midnight sale.

Plenty of SE in Carlow, same as there was the last expansion. I don't see a problem with getting a SE, but is it really worth the extra 40 - 45 euro?

Ingame pet and a book of art??? Pfft... A waste if you ask me.

Says Gamestop on henry st as well. I ordered mine from Gamesnash.ie.

Just have to patch up to latest now. Off work sick with flu so i'll keep an eye on the patching between naps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Jayage wrote: »
    Right gamestop on henry street is doin a midnight opening of WOTLK
    i know since my mate is workin the midnight shift

i also know that there might be a few copies of the collectors edition goin that way too But you need to pre order it i believe to have a chance in grabbin one!!

ZOMG R U SRS ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Yeah rang and confirmed they are opening. Spoke about collectors editions and the chap mentioned they had some but you needed to go in in person to put 5 euro off them to guarantee they will have one for you. Someone is on it for me...

In other news this torrent is complete and apparently I can install it and repatch to 3.03 and play away. Will see how it goes

yup, i just rang them too and they are 100% doing a midnight launch.

Whats in collectors edition?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Woden wrote: »
    In other news this torrent is complete and apparently I can install it and repatch to 3.03 and play away. Will see how it goes
    Keep us up to date man, could be v interesting.

Whats in collectors edition?

Artwork, and some ingame pet. Hardly worth the extra monies

Manties wrote: »
    Artwork, and some ingame pet. Hardly worth the extra monies

Unless its the panda club pet or a murky then its not worth it.

Keep us up to date man, could be v interesting.

Sure thing.

I have installed wrath and repatched and am back playing tbc now. I presume i can just to go the accounts page to upgrade then when I have the key all is well

just found me a rapid share link and got it on my usb key, will give it a shot when i get home.

Maybe i can pay one of you 50€ to pick the game up for me and txt me the key :p login at 12:00.05 tyvm

• Advertisement

just found me a rapid share link and got it on my usb key, will give it a shot when i get home.

Maybe i can pay one of you 50€ to pick the game up for me and txt me the key :p login at 12:00.05 tyvm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I'd do it for ya for 50 smackers... then post the hard copy to ya. Although I won't be getting it at midnight.

They must have updated the midnight opening places on the site, I only checked it last week. Not too bothered anywya, would have to travel back to carlow, and I payed some off a copy in Gamestop in carlow...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I got it lads. Lets all queue up for the midnight launches, and buy COD: WaW instead. That would be sickening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

WTF is that???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Err are you guys not worried you might get something real nasty in a torrent like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

This costs 30 euro yeah? Or is it 40?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

GAME on Dawson Street have a midnight opening. Was in there this afternoon and there's signs about it everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

I wasn't planning on going for the midnight release, but it turns out I'm working (in town) until 10.30pm, so I may as go after as it'll save me a trip in the morning :)

ZorbaTehZ wrote: »
    Err are you guys not worried you might get something real nasty in a torrent like that?

No more so then any other tbh. Usual precautions of course.

Woden wrote: »
    No more so then any other tbh. Usual precautions of course.

Which means install it on yoru missus' laptop first :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Reinstalling atm (they always come back). Do you reckon I can just install WOTLK right intop of WoW + TBC (ala TBC) or will I need to patch up fully first?

Jim wrote: »
    Reinstalling atm (they always come back). Do you reckon I can just install WOTLK right intop of WoW + TBC (ala TBC) or will I need to patch up fully first?

You can install it,all the patches are on the disc afaik. Anyone know about the price of the SE?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Mine was sent out from Gamesnash.ie today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

GAME on Dawson Street have a midnight opening. Was in there this afternoon and there's signs about it everywhere.

Confirmed and if you dont have a pre-order for the CE you deffinitely wont be getting one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Unlike TBC,

The WOTLK DVD contains ALL files to get you started from version 3.0

First thing you will need to do is patch to 3.0.3 to match live servers,

Then I guess there will be a 3.0.4 tomorrow night or possibly a 3.1

For the WOTLK openings.

is there no tabard this time?

Last time there was a cool Argent Dawn tabard.

WellyJ wrote: »
    Unlike TBC,

The WOTLK DVD contains ALL files to get you started from version 3.0

First thing you will need to do is patch to 3.0.3 to match live servers,

Then I guess there will be a 3.0.4 tomorrow night or possibly a 3.1

For the WOTLK openings.

3.1 won't be for a few more months. It's the first content patch after launch. Not sure if they'll even have 3.0.4 tommorrow though I could be wrong about that one.

Are all shops selling this for the same price? I've seen it's 30 euros online, but would it be the same in town?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Can people confirm that all patches are included on the discs with WOTLK?

I deleted all my old patches, including 3.0>3.0.1 and 3.0.1>3.0.2 about 5 minutes before reading that the boxed copy of Wrath is 3.0 only.

I was gonna start redownloading them tonight but maybe this isnt neccesary?

(i still have 3.0.2 > 3.0.3 from last week ready to go)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Dustaz wrote: »
    Can people confirm that all patches are included on the discs with WOTLK?

I deleted all my old patches, including 3.0>3.0.1 and 3.0.1>3.0.2 about 5 minutes before reading that the boxed copy of Wrath is 3.0 only.

I was gonna start redownloading them tonight but maybe this isnt neccesary?

(i still have 3.0.2 > 3.0.3 from last week ready to go)

Like I said above,

The Retail DVD shipped with 3.0

You will need to download 3.0.1 again if you deleted it,

Same with 3.0.3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

VinLieger wrote: »
    Confirmed and if you dont have a pre-order for the CE you deffinitely wont be getting one

Yep, I'm 16th on the CE pre-order list and they said today that they don't know if there'll be enough.

Advertisement