Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WoTLK Midnite Sales in Ireland?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

ven0m wrote: »
    I will murder you all to get at my copy from game in dawson street at midnite ........ don't make me go all ret paladin on you all muahhahahahahahahaahhaha

GTFO will ya :p you've been uber nerfed now and are once again a healing/tnaking class. forgedaboutdpslol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Manties wrote: »
    GTFO will ya :p you've been uber nerfed now and are once again a healing/tnaking class. forgedaboutdpslol :D

but I don't even play Retard(in) ..... I play Mage .... LOL

** runs & hides from Manties **

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I could kiss you right now for the good news, but it's unbecoming & I'm sure you no more want it than I do LOL .... not to metion I got three mods in here who will pwn my ass for my 1v1 cracks earlier in the thread .... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

for the second time in this thread, i am forced to post

icon_uhoh.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    I mean, is there going to be people queing from 8 or anything stupid like that?

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

is there parking on dawson st. or anywhere nearby?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Just to add more almost baseless speculation to this thread,

Was just picking up GOW2 at GAME Liffey Valley and the guy serving me said that they are not opening for WOTLK at midnight, and also that Dawson St. were NOT either.

His logic was that if Dawson one was opening, they would have to also.

So still no clue what is happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

It'd be hard for Liffey Valley to with the centre closed. But Dawson St can - it's on the street. So I wouldn't go by that.

No shop in Dublin opened at midnight for TBC afaik. Can't imagine the demand is there in Ireland for a midnight opening for Wrath either.

Macros42 wrote: »
    It'd be hard for Liffey Valley to with the centre closed. But Dawson St can - it's on the street. So I wouldn't go by that.

No shop in Dublin opened at midnight for TBC afaik. Can't imagine the demand is there in Ireland for a midnight opening for Wrath either.

I was just there though, at a midnight launch... in the centre.......

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Right then, plan C. What times do these places open at? ;)

ZorbaTehZ wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

I hope someone points you out to me at the launch. You can make that face in front of me. Before I put your copy of wotlk up your arse like.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

WellyJ wrote: »
    I was just there though, at a midnight launch... in the centre.......

I stand corrected. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Ivan wrote: »
    Right then, plan C. What times do these places open at? ;)

Tesco @ midnight, if ya can get someone to bother to find the game probably :P Guess rest would be 9am, check websites :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Take it with a pinch of salt but was in gamestop in henry st yesterday( I gave in and preordered) , and the chap I was dealing with happened to mention in passing that they may be doing a midnight opening.(they were already doing one yesterday night for the Gears of stuff 2 ).
    Tbh I couldnt be arsed with getting it at midnight - I'm happy enough to stroll in at 9 the following day and pick it up then.

Berns wrote: »
    Tesco @ midnight, if ya can get someone to bother to find the game probably :P Guess rest would be 9am, check websites :)

Do tescos even sell PC games? Nevermind MMO's??

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Guys look, just get it next morning, get a whole nights sleep so you can get rest xp for next.....

o god...

This game cant get into my hands any quicker :P

You could also chance your arm at sneaking behind a counter, and when stopped by a puzzled staff member asking " mate what the **** are you doing" and you reply " **** you can see me in stealth?!?!" they may just give you the game outa pity...

or i can run in and do the animation for mass fear and whilst everyone is running around in circles ill rob a few copies :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 virge

Guys look, just get it next morning, get a whole nights sleep so you can get rest xp for next.....

o god...

You could also chance your arm at sneaking behind a counter, and when stopped by a puzzled staff member asking " mate what the **** are you doing" and you reply " **** you can see me in stealth?!?!" they may just give you the game outa pity...

or i can run in and do the animation for mass fear and whilst everyone is running around in circles ill rob a few copies :)

I will be definitely doing the aoe fear thingy. I still dream with the day that warlocks will be able to stealth.... and wear plate... and vanish too!

virge wrote: »
    I will be definitely doing the aoe fear thingy. I still dream with the day that warlocks will be able to stealth.... and wear plate... and vanish too!

It's called a Death Knight with plenty of invisibility pots ...... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Do tescos even sell PC games? Nevermind MMO's??

Check the midnight launch thing. Loada Tesco's on it. Up north anyhow :) Weather they'll have a clue is another question :rolleyes: Might take them half a hour to realise they've been listed as having a midnight launch then find they haven't actually ordered it in or sumin :P

I was just in GAME store, in Dawson ST, and indeed, they have stopped accepting pre-orders... And yes, those guys seem to be quite annoying, not really having a clue how to deal with customers...

But anyway, i heard they ordered 500 normal copies of Wrath...
    I am just scared of waiting in the line for the midnight release.. and suddenly, they saying - Oh, sorry! Its over, we have no more to sell...
    but we have the new POKEMON??! /wink /wink.

Should i take the risk?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I'd say go for it. What have you got to lose? He could be the one.

• Advertisement

Ok, virge will be there waiting, to throw shadow bolts on whoever gets a copie before her!!

virge wrote: »
    Ok, virge will be there waiting, to throw shadow bolts on whoever gets a copie before her!!

Yes, but I'm maxed on Shadow Resistence from my lovely BT tailored gear :-)

Yes, but I'm maxed on Shadow Resistence from my lovely BT tailored gear :-)

pfft.. chaos bolt then!!
    I will need to respec destro.. damn it!

:)

o god...

spaz.gif

This thread does nothing to dispel the "WOW Players are nerds/fags lolz" conception. :D

Berns wrote: »
    Check the midnight launch thing. Loada Tesco's on it. Up north anyhow :)
    :P

...aha
    the ones down south just seem to do Xbox360/ps2 games.
    Pity that as theres a 24 hour one a few mins walk from my house..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I like WoW as much as the next junkie but seriously lads last time I checked it was still just a computer game.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

DapperGent wrote: »
    I like WoW as much as the next junkie but seriously lads last time I checked it was still just a computer game.

Never have and never will be Q'ing like a spa for a midnight release.

Its called pre booking and not having to worry bout wether or not I get my copy..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

Never have and never will be Q'ing like a spa for a midnight release.

Its called pre booking and not having to worry bout wether or not I get my copy..

Plenty of people have pre-booked but are considering getting it at midnight if its available - its an exciting event - it's nice to be able to enjoy it as soon as you can, fun to share a new experience with many others that are going to Northrend for the first time

Judging from your comments I'd imagine much of what you do - queuing or otherwise - is done "like a spa"

• Advertisement

Judging from your comments I'd imagine much of what you do - queuing or otherwise - is done "like a spa"
    you win the thread

Advertisement