Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imetec Dreamland Kingsize Underblanket Controller Problem

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 TrueBlue1000

mbertouche wrote: »
    This is how I have re-set the controllers on my Slumberland fitted electric blankets that have been playing up:-
    • Turn off power at wall socket and disconnect plug from mains supply;
    • Make sure blanket is turned off at controller and then un-plug cable from blanket and leave unplugged for 15 minutes or so;
    • Re-connect cable plug to blanket;
    • Turn controller to 9 (max setting)
    • Plug cable back into mains and switch on at socket;
    • Switch blanket on at slider controll (to 12 hrs or 75 minutes – it doesn’t matter which);
    • Turn controller down from 9 to 1 and then back up to 9;
    • Controller should have re-set and blanket should start to warm up. Once this is confirmed you can set to what temperature you want;
    • When you go to bed and want to turn the blanket off, turn it down to number 1 first then turn off at controller;
    • Finally, turn off at wall socket (if you are really safety conscious).

This has worked for me on an older double bed 2 x controller and a newer single bed controller.

Best of luck, I hope it works for you.

Mike

THIS WORKED FOR ME

Thanks, Mike.

FYI, on the first attempt, it only took the chill out of the bed and didn't get any hotter. Then I spun the dial down to 1 and back to 9 and it worked properly.

It needs to be reset each time now, by turning down to 1 and back to 9. No need to unplug.

Thanks again,
    TrueBlue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Katrrr

I'm amazed!! I was searching on-line tonight for someone to contact regarding my electric blanket which has just stopped working (yes, the same problem everyone else has!!)
    To my great surprise, I came across this forum and decided to reply. This is the first time I have ever joined one of these discussion groups and I thank everyone for your posted messages. I'm phoning George tomorrow morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 desparate

I know this is an old post but I just wanted to add this phone number for Dreamland Electric Blankets. The Company is Imetec UK Ltd and the telephone number is 01606 837222.

I spoke to a lady in Customer Service today and she was excellent. She talked me through how to possibly rectify controller problems I am having and also gave me the number for their technical guy - George - which is 01606 837751.

Hope this is of help.

If anyone wants to know what they told me to do just let me know.

Mike
    Just to update this post, I contacted Deamland today, regading a non fuctioning controller, some +5 years old, on 01606 837751 and was told that a blanket malfunction caused the controller failure and I would need a new blanket. Told to phone 01606 842 886 quoting a ref. nr. A very helpful lady sold me a new 6869 for £38, which included £5.50 postage to Essex.
    Desparate, but happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 TracyBoyles

wtk2007 wrote: »
    Bought two of these underblankets in Argos about 15 months ago one for me and one for my parents.
    The blanket itself I could notfault, the problem I had with the first one was that the controller malfunctioned on one side after about 6 months,

"The cut off mechanism that switches the blanket off after 75 minutes or 12 hours fails to reset when switched on or off therefore wont heat the blanket." Tried all the unplugging, etc but no go.

I am getting by with using the second controller on my side at present.
    Yesterday my mum told me to have a look at her blanket, same problem.
    My feeling that this is a very common problem that occurs with normal usage. I dont keep receipts for all electrical good below €100 so i dont have any guarentee. What i would like is to buy get replacement.
    controllers.
    The website address for Imetec www.imetec.co.uk is a blank page plus the phone number gives an automated service which doesent answer my questions
    I would not recommend Imetec Dreamland or their products.
    Anyone else experience the same problem

I bought two single bed versions. One works perfectly and the other has the flashing light syndrome with no heat no matter whether you disconnect it or try different configurations on the slider as you switch it on. I am very disappointed in this product considering it is not even 2 yrs old. bearing in mind it is not used on the summer, it can hardly be blamed on over use! I will try the rapid sliding to see if I can get it to work but will not hold my breath. Thank goodness for the old fashioned hot water bottle! I, for one, will not be buying their product again.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 fraggle rocker

Just to let you know. My controller just recently started doing this flashing. I tried to reset it but it didnt work. I contacted George & he said guarantee is only offered within 2 yrs of purchase & not 3 as someone stated on this forum.

Pity as I even had my receipt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 TrueBlue1000

THIS WORKED FOR ME

Originally Posted by mbertouche viewpost.gif
    This is how I have re-set the controllers on my Slumberland fitted electric blankets that have been playing up:-

• Make sure blanket is turned off at controller and then un-plug cable from blanket and leave unplugged for 15 minutes or so;
    • Switch blanket on at slider controll (to 12 hrs or 75 minutes – it doesn’t matter which);
    • Controller should have re-set and blanket should start to warm up. Once this is confirmed you can set to what temperature you want;
    • When you go to bed and want to turn the blanket off, turn it down to number 1 first then turn off at controller;

This has worked for me on an older double bed 2 x controller and a newer single bed controller.

Mike

THIS WORKED FOR ME

Thanks, Mike.

FYI, on the first attempt, it only took the chill out of the bed and didn't get any hotter. Then I spun the dial down to 1 and back to 9 and it worked properly.

It needs to be reset each time now, by turning down to 1 and back to 9. No need to unplug.

Thanks again,
    TrueBlue

I just put the electric blanket back on the bed with the freezing weather recently. It's a twin blanket with separate controls. Still working!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭nursextreme

Mike

This didn't work for me on either of my two kingsize fitted underblankets, bin time for the whole lot.Thats 2 x Blankets 4 x Controllers similar to the opening poster bought them in argos and gradually one by on the controllers failed:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 martnava

i tried calling george on 01606 837751 about my flashing control unit, he asked for the model number of my control unit (dreamland imetec 972a1). He then said in a rather dopey voice:

"this is a problem with the blanket, it is using power more on one side and this has tripped the safety mechanism. Once tripped, the control unit cannot be reset and you will need to buy a new blanket"

:/

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Paarthurnax

I have had numerous problems with these Imetec Dreamland blankets and a fleece throw. Same problem with the controllers, this month the controller went on my fleece throw which i had covered by a 3 year extended warranty from Argos, of course when i found my warranty it was up last november, typical! I hadn't een used it that much over the three years. I'll be avoiding Imetec and their products in future!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kaigamo

Problematic capacitor C1 (.27μF/250V).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Zombie thread, therefore closing. Please contact a moderator if you have a reason to reopen.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement