Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What pets do you have?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

One Golden Cocker Spaniel - Rambo, 6 months old.

First dog, and he's great, very intelligent and just good fun to have around. He's sniffing the keyboard as I type. :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 294 ✭✭XJR

One mammy dog and two of her daughters ! love them all to bits !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Peewee_lane

Im the proud owner of 7 hens!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bockie

I have a Golden retriever.
    Had three dogs at one stage but they passed away.
    Having the one is a lot easier, especially when it comes to walking it as opposed to three walking you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭Alkers

4 Angelfish
    4 Black Neon Tetra
    2 Neon Tetra
    1 Madagascan Rainbow fish
    2 Pearl Gourami
    1 Phantom Tetra
    4 Leopard Danio
    1 Congo tetra

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭just-wonderin

1 jack rus
    4 cats which max the jack loves
    3 cockatiel's
    1 canary
    3 rhode island reds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭wibblebee

We have 3 dogs, 4 ferrets, 21 rats and not counting 14 rat pups, lots of tarantulas, many lizards, many snakes and 2 frogs. Nearly forgot 7 aquariums of fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Lexie_Karas

With me at home I have two ferrets... 3 year old brothers called Neo and Freeman. They're adorable and great company and full of mischief! I have a dog aswell but she's living in Spain now. My folks moved there a couple of years ago when they retired and she retired with them! As much as it broke my heart for her to go given the choice to go and have my parents all to herself all day long or to stay here with me and be alone while I was at work (which she's never had to do before) I think she'd have chosen Spain herself. Even though I only get to see her a few times a year now she's still my best girl and always will be :)

OMG You rehomed Neo and Freeman. Saw them when we rehomed William and Vivi from Cottage Rescue, Tipperary. Is Freeman still nippy? We were trying them out with our other 2 ferrets, Haggis and Nibbler (brother and sister) they were ok together but Freeman jumped on top of the sofa and bit constantly. Naughty boy. Even Kelly was being bit by him. Neo also pierced my ear. So got William and Vivi and they are great all together. Fantastic pets. Its lovely to hear about them again.

Hi!

Have you piccies of your guys?? I can't even imagine Freeman being bold, he is a complete angel!! He's as gentle as can be with us... even when he playfights with my hand he only catches me with his paws and then pins my hand down to lick it all over!! Neo on the other hand can get a little excited when playing, lol, and he nearly pierced my ear aswell but in fairness it was just after the vet chipped him so I think it was revenge!! And he thinks my other half's beard is another fuzzy and keeps tryin to get up to nip it.

They've settled in great, they are so full of beans! Their previous owner obviously had them well trained, they're great with the litter box and they don't wreck anything in the house and they're really good on the lead.

Its nice to know that some more of the group have nice homes :) I've talked to their previous owner a few times on a forum called The Ferret Hutch and he seems really nice... he was delighted to know that he knew one of the new owners of at least some of his fuzzies!

• Advertisement

Thought i had some pics on this pc, but nope. Going to get OH to transfer them to this one or get him to post pics here. William is an albino and Vivi is polecat. William has a ratty tail and so does Vivi, due to hormones and time of year. Didnt know this until discussed on a ferret forum. Does your boys have rat tails? wispy bits of hair on their tail? Haggis and Nibbler dont have them, just normal tails. They are crazy and love to run and play especially in their tray of rice. They do love their ferretone though. Fantastic stuff. Amber necter to ferrets.

Freeman had rattail when I got him but the fur is starting to grow back nicely now... it was a handy way to tell the two boys apart at a quick glance. Lol. Have you found anywhere to get ferretone in Ireland? I've been ordering it from the UK, it'd be great to be able to get it locally. The rice box is a big hit with both of them... between that and thier tunnel they can keep themselves entertained for hours!! I'm dying to get the chance to bring them to the beach though, thier previous owner says they love it... he has piccices of them playing at the waters edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

2 dogs and a Parrot. One of the dogs is a German Shepard, the other a mongrel. The 2 of them are best mates. And an African Grey parrot who never shuts up.

We only get ours from UK too. OH wants to take them all to the beach too. Would be lovely seeing their pics at the waterside. They are fantastic though. Well done in homing the boys. Excellent pets.

He has one piccie of them at the beach in this link http://ferrethutch.forum6.biz/pictures-f28/come-on-in-the-waters-warm-t1379.htm Not sure what ferret is what in it... keep meaning to ask him if either of my guys are in it or is it too recent for that.

Have to wait for account to be activated to see piccies. My OH is posting pics of them at lunch time so not long to wait now.

Ah sorry, I didn't realise you had to join to see them!

Here's some piccies of my two (taken on my phone so not great quality!)

This is the two of them
    Image165.jpg

Here's Neo in his rice box
    Neoinricebox.jpg

And here's Freeman falling out of his hammock
    Freemanfallingoutofhamock.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Duzzie

Hi Lexie, It was our ferrets pics you saw in this thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055394840&page=2

The first 3 pics are william (albino) and Vivi (sable). These were rehomed from Cottage Rescue.

The 4th-7th are Hagis, Nibbler and Petal. They are all siblings and were rehomed from TACT in Armagh along with there sister Noodles. As soon as we got them, they were taken to the vet to be fixed. Noodles passed away on the opperating table. We had a PM done but it showed no abnormalities. Unfortunately we also lost Petal to Cardiomyopathy earlier this year. It is our suspicion that the family has genetic heart problems hence the loss of Noodles and Petal. Haggis and Nibbler seem fine but it is always in the back of our minds.

The last pic is of fuzzie. He was our first ferret but unfortunately was only with us a month. Soon after we rehomed him (also from TACT), he was diagnosed with tumours on his heart and spleen (lymphosarcoma). After the month he became very week and he had to be PTS. Although we only had him a month, our time with Fuzzee was enough to get us hooked on ferrets.

Noodles, Petal and Fuzzee are all now happily playing across the rainbow bridge. Despite loosing 3 ferrets within the first 6 months of keeping ferrets, we have carried on with them and would not be without them now. Unfortunately ferrets are tough cookies and only tend to show that they are sick when they are very sick. They are very good at hiding illnesses.

Glad to hear that Neo and Freeman are doing well and that Freeman has settled. I am sure that he was just very excited when we met them. It took us about a month of supervised play sessions to get Haggis and Nibbler to accept William and Vivi. Most of the problems were between Haggis and William. They are all happily living together now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭jao

630908484a9053460680ml.jpg

Sonic and Tails.

<3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

there's no option for none,that's what i have unless you count a racehorse and a greyhound

• Advertisement

They are all adorable!! Hagis, Nibbler and Petal all look so much bigger than my guys! It must have been a pretty upsetting start with ferrets, I'm so glad you didn't let it put you off... the four you have now would be missing out on such a good home! It sounds like ferret math has you big time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭GA361

Two dogs 1 cat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 chris9999

GA361 wrote: »
    Two dogs 1 cat
    i have 2 cats and 1 dog ))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭G&T

2 dog's
    3 goldfish,
    1 bearded dragon

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dohc

Snapping Turtle

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

9 cats & 4 dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lady Basset

1 GSD,1 basset hound, both about 10yrs, 2 belgian Shepherds, a 4month old pup-cavalier/basset x, 4 chickens, a fish tank with some neon tetras, and a dwarf hamster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

hiscan wrote: »
    there's no option for none,that's what i have unless you count a racehorse and a greyhound

i didnt realise goldfish was an option,i have a tank with 5 fish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 funkybutterfly

I have a bearded dragon and a turtle heres some of my favourite pics of my bearded dragon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭dbrock

lizards
    ridge tailed monitors, desert iguanas, fringed toed lizards, ornate uromaystx,
    bosc monitor,

snakes
    emerald tree boas, hog island boas, common boa
    dogs
    parson russel terrior,, jack russel

african pygmy hedghogs
    some pintos, some salt and peppers, albinos

fish
    to many to mention

Advertisement