Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What pets do you have?

Options
  • 20-10-2008 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

What pets do you have?

What pets do you have? 81 votes

dog
    0% 0 votes
    cat
    53% 43 votes
    spiders
    39% 32 votes
    bird/s
    0% 0 votes
    others
    7% 6 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Two dogs and a cat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 chris9999

i have 2spoiled cats:D and my parents have 1 dog

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Neither :( Fostered a few cats, and can't WAIT to have my own when circumstances allow.

My ideal pets would be a couple of retired greyhounds, but unfortunately, with the way my job is, I'll never have the time to care for them properly. They're the COOLEST pets though :) Cats will have to do, they're a very close second!

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭eden_my_ass

1 rabbit - lop crossed with lionhead
    1 syrian hamster
    16 tropical fish
    and less free time and space and money than I had before them all!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭mary123

I have dogs, cats, fish, guinea pigs and turtles. would have loads more if i lived in a biggher place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭whitser

5 dogs and 2 russian(dwarf) hamsters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭gidget

One dog, who we've recently taken in!!! I'd love more pets but he doesn't like cats or birds and he can blow hot & cold when it comes to dogs!!! So for the timebeing it'll just be him until i can sort him out with dog training!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 CatLady1

I have one cat who is completely spoiled. I'd never be without a cat. They are fantastic animals :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭AngelicRaindrop

Theres 3 dogs, 4 Parrots, a budgie, a tortiose and then the horses and a pet heifer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭animalcrazy

Two ducks
    Nine chickens
    Two outdoor cats
    Two rabbits
    and a doggy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Lemon

I have three cats, I adore them. They are great company and are all real individual in their personalities. But like a previous poster I would love a retired greyhound someday. My granny had several over the years and they are lovely dogs, so graceful and gentle, excellent pets...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭georgem25

One dog and my brothers cat when he goes on hols

CatLady1 wrote: »
    I have one cat who is completely spoiled. I'd never be without a cat. They are fantastic animals :)
    I have 2 cats. They are absolutely astonishing pets:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭ruben

Two dogs and 2 cats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Just one cat, Henry but he lives with my girlfriends family 250 kilometres away. They're in a remote village in the countryside and he's got company all day and two other cats to play / fight with.

This is him at 7 or 8 months old

13894.jpg

I miss him :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Tired

I have a dog and had got a rabbit but a cat killed him :( still have his hutch and stuff so still might get some more.

Only moved out of parents house where there is also a dog and a canary...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Country-Bumpkin

5 dogs - a rottie, a pointer, a whippet & 2 jackers. I must be mad!!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Tweeter

1 dobermann
    2 cavalier king charles
    2 ragdolls
    1 hermann tortoise
    1 bearded dragon
    6 tropical fish
    3 children
    1 wife

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

One little doggie that I wouldn't be without.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭jaycen

Cat, dog and 2 fish but the poll only let me select cat, what's that about?

• Advertisement

Tweeter wrote: »
    3 children
    1 wife

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭BlackCat2008

One dog two permantent pups on the way,
    8 cats, and a rabbit as soon as the rescue dogs are re-homed

3 rescue cats
    2 rescue dogs
    lost count of the ferrels 20, 30 +

and a partrage in a pear tree :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Jimkel

3 rabbits, 2 ferrets, 7 budgies, 11 rob hamsters, last count anyway!, I think 15 degu's a the moment, fish!! - too many to count, At home and in work combined your looking somewhere in the region of 7000 - 10000, from marines and brackish to freshwater tropical and coldwater. 2 bearded dragons. I have kept at home or cared for in work virtually every available reptile and fish in the pet trade, although I am still learning allot about birds and small mammals, and the varanid genus of reptiles, ie monitors still leaves alot for me to explore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

One dog who I love to bits. She lives with my Mum while I'm in college and I can't wait to get home on a Friday to see her. When I get in she yelps and barks with excitement.

Also have a hamster, Daisy, who keeps me company down in college. Like my dog, I couldn't be without her. If I'm in the room, no matter how quiet I am, Daisy is awake and has to see me. Love her.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

Jimkel wrote: »
    I have kept at home or cared for in work virtually every available reptile and fish in the pet trade, .

Hey , Jimkel, I'm curious as to where you work. It sounds like fun if you get to care for reptiles and fish!!

I have a YBS 4 1/2 year old terrapin scooter. Unfortunately she has a resp infection at the moment but usually she's full of life and cute as a button :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Wish the poll has an option for all of the above & more!

Can not be bothered to type up what I have but its a lot! Reptiles, birds, dogs, cats, exotics, fish, small furries. & a husband!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 purplefish

hello, nice site

2 dogs
    2 goats
    a fluctuating amount of chickens

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

3 dogs, 7 cats, chinchillas, gerbils, a shaws jird, somewhere in the region of 40 fish (dwarf gourami, guppies, zebra/giant danios, plecos, lemon/neon/glowlight/silvertipped tetras) and 2 apple snails.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Just the one dog, a Cairn Terrier. Have had her for about 13 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Two gorgeous cats, both boys, the elder is going on for 7 and he's ginger and white and the younger one is black with a white patch on his neck and his middle toes on both of his front toes are white - so cute!
    As you can prob tell I love them to bits!

Would love a dog but I work fulltime so I don't think twould be too fair on the littel critter.

Advertisement