Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

London marathon training log/blog

191011121315»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭OBWON

Super report RR. Very good insight into what happened

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Stupid_Private

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes. Sounds good to me but I actually won't be around next week but we should schedule Wednesday pints the following week. How does that suit you ?

This is also an open invitation to anybody who wants to go on the beer.

I could be on day ten of a drinking binge by then so God knows what state I'll be in... but yes, sounds like a plan.

Just back from Tesco, where I bought a load of jaffa cakes - where did I get that idea from?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

I could be on day ten of a drinking binge by then so God knows what state I'll be in... but yes, sounds like a plan.

Just back from Tesco, where I bought a load of jaffa cakes - where did I get that idea from?!

Well I could be on day 17 so you have no excuses :)
    I'll provisionally pencil in a session (not the running kind) for 2 weeks time.

Jaffa cakes with a cup of tea is your only man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

What an absolutely brilliant, and inspirational, race report! You make it sound so easy, and as for speeding up at the end - astounding! Well done again.

In my haste to get my race report online I forgot to comment on 3 very important aspects of any marathon, the goody bag, finishers medal and finisher t-shirt.

The goody bag was decent and had a massive bag of jelly babies which lasted about 2 minutes once I got my hands on them.
    The medal is really nice, no complaints there

The t-shirt is absolutely ****e. It's a cheap white cotton t-shirt. I don't generally hold onto race t-shirts, the exception being marathon ones. The technical shirts handed out in Dublin and the adidas race series are 10 times better than the London one.

Ah well if that's my only complaint I don't think the organisers did such a bad job. I suppose a nice race route is better than a nice t-shirt :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭stipes212

Really enjoyed reading this thread and the excellent race report.
    Congrats on the PB, 38min 10k, awesome.

Well it's just over 2 weeks since I ran London. Until today I did not run a single step and instead have ate and drank absolutely everything around me. Leg is still a little sore but just ran 5 miles at lunch and it isn't so bad. I'm hoping to get it sorted definitively over the coming weeks and will use a 2-day-on-1-day-off approach for the next 2 weeks.

So this is my final entry in this log. I'll think about starting a new one in a couple of months when I have a new goal to train for. After initially thinking I wouldn't run another marathon this year I am reconsidering, Dublin being the obvious candidate. I still think I can go a lot quicker than I have ran to date so we'll see.

THE END

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Well it's just over 2 weeks since I ran London. Until today I did not run a single step and instead have ate and drank absolutely everything around me. Leg is still a little sore but just ran 5 miles at lunch and it isn't so bad. I'm hoping to get it sorted definitively over the coming weeks and will use a 2-day-on-1-day-off approach for the next 2 weeks.

So this is my final entry in this log. I'll think about starting a new one in a couple of months when I have a new goal to train for. After initially thinking I wouldn't run another marathon this year I am reconsidering, Dublin being the obvious candidate. I still think I can go a lot quicker than I have ran to date so we'll see.

THE END
    looking forward to your next log! hopefully this one will stay around for a while anyway as i like to read it for both motivation and little nuggets of useful information. it also shows the great benefits of consistent training

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

THE END

Great log, lot of ups and downs... Did you log your eating drinking and madness over the last 2 week ... might make for good reading too ;) . Gets me thinking about my log too must make a few changes or start a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭Seres

with wait with bated breath for the sequel then , however i must warn you the sequels normally, are not as good !;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement