Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Six 12" poster for €3.41

Options
  • 19-10-2008 12:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi all, just benefited from last two photobox offers and now it seems that these online printing companies are doing this offer intentionally!

Here is how it works:
    Order 6 12 in posters from http://www.pixum.co.uk and use voucher code 9eb6d-98cae-265dc at check. Price drop from €25 to €3.41 including postage!

And if you use Quidco (don't know if it works in Eire but registered and used it anyway), it is supposed to reward you £6 for ordering from the site.

Saw this offer from a UK bargain website and thought people here will love the offer too.

Oh, it looks like for a new customer you also get 25 free prints from the site.

Edit:
    The offer is no longer available.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

nice one cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 43,813 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Cheers.. ordered some there but highly doubt this deal is "intentional" as I can nowhere on the site that mention it as a special offer.

But worth a shot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Just looking for a couple of posters so worth a try. Nice one if it works OP :)

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

Worked for me , nice find although I'll believe it when i have them in my hand !!!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Nice one, I just ordered 6x 12" posters.

I think I'll try it a few times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

What's 12x12" or 12x18" in pixel ratio can anyone tell me? Or what's the best way to crop to the size you want?

Dam you can only use that voucher code once

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Nice! I have a load of pictures I wanted to get up on my walls :)

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Thanks OP, lets hope they honour these

cormie wrote: »
    What's 12x12" or 12x18" in pixel ratio can anyone tell me? Or what's the best way to crop to the size you want?

Anyone know this? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,620 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Quidco (don't know if it works in Eire

Anybody know the answer to this question?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

I hope you didnt get your measurements from http://www.pixum.co.uk/product/520-12-34-posters.html cos it says the ratios :)

Format: min. 12" x12" to max. 12" x18"
    Aspect ratios: 3:4 = 12" x16" / 2:3 = 12" x 18"

Anyone know this? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

OK thats mightnt answer your question... but to get a ratio divide one side by the other !
    so 12x12 is a square (1:1)
    and 12x18 is 2:3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I think they were looking for the pixel ratio not the aspect ratio.

A 12"x18" image is 864px by 1296px at 72 pixels per inch.

Sorry, yep, I was looking for the pixel ratio, as in I wanted to open up a file in photoshop with the pixel size and fit the photo into that, but a google made me realise it is dependant on the DPI resolution or something, so Just opened an image in 12/18 inches. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 adinike

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Anybody know the answer to this question?

£6 is pending in my Quidoc account and there is a option to transfer the money to paypal account (will try when credited).

Here is how it works:
    1. register at Quidoc.com
    2. search for pixum in the search function
    3. click into the offer and login the pixum site through the link provided
    4. your transaction will be logged and your account will be credited.

Lots of offers going on in the Quidoc and sites like play.com also included, so perhaps it is a good way to save money, if it is not a UK only thing.

Just trying to order prints now. I have 6 selected and have created an account (but not logged in) and trying to buy, have put in CC details but when I click submit it loads something but doesn't change page:confused:

just checked the photo page and 5 photos have a red arrow pointing down and one has a green arrow pointing right, maybe the red arrows are causing a problem, but I don't know what the problem is:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 adinike

Just trying to order prints now. I have 6 selected and have created an account (but not logged in) and trying to buy, have put in CC details but when I click submit it loads something but doesn't change page:confused:

If you click the checkout button at the bottom of the page, it will lead you to the payment page again and this time you only put in the three digits validation number.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭magicEye

Hi there,

thanks for this, just ordered 6 posters, total came up to 3.41 Euro...now just have to wait for it to be dispatched and we're sorted!

Cheers,
    Magic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭beolight

nice one

forgot the quidco thing you coulkd end up making money:)

Cool, think I just had to create a new account, musn't have done it properly when I did it at the checkout. Just found out what the red arrows were for:

IMPORTANT:
    Your order contains 5 image files, with an unsufficient resolution/size.
    We therefore cannot guarantee for an optimal result.

Hmmm, wonder what that's about. I edited 5 of them in photoshop to get rid of red eye and saved as JPEGs on the highest quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,813 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I'd ignore the unsufficient resolution stuff.. I get that almost every time i order prints and they're always fine. They're just very fussy! :D

Yea decided to just order them.

Thanks everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Thanks op, This is a pretty sweet deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭conical

Gauge wrote: »
    A 12"x18" image is 864px by 1296px at 72 pixels per inch.

72 pixels is screen resolution.
    For print you should be aiming for 300dpi, which would work out at:

3600 x 3600 px
    or
    3600 x 5400 px

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭kgiller

Cheers OP. Worked a charm. Looking forward to seeing how these come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Energizeer

Sound job OP!
    Took me forever to decide what pics to go with.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 corkie5

Great offer, thanks again. Got an order in, and then found that they have closed this offer. Nice deal tho!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

Damn, too late - voucher code invalid

Advertisement