Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hippies - Where have they all gone?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

latchyco wrote: »
    And some of the remaining real hippies are bitter old men because their vision of Eutopia never happened .Look at Ringo Starr , a real hippy ,peace and love and all that but fcuk dont ask me for any more authographs :D

Maybe if you had a million letters clogging up your mansion you'd feel the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

Can someone explin the difference between
    bohemian
    Hippie
    Krusty

Bohemian are artistic types who live in a cheap area of a city. Hobbies include absinthe, arrogance and suicide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭motherfunker

Galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

i hate hippies. they just p*ss me off. especially the ones with dreadlocks. white people shouldnt have dreadlocks they look dirty and manky.

although i hear female hippies are supposed to be good in bed, i just couldnt deal with a woman whose got more body hair then i do.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,024 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

i hate hippies. they just p*ss me off. especially the ones with dreadlocks. white people shouldnt have dreadlocks they look dirty and manky.

although i hear female hippies are supposed to be good in bed, i just couldnt deal with a woman whose got more body hair then i do.

Hippyphobe.

• Advertisement

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Hippyphobe.

Hippyphobephobe.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

there is actually a good New Age Traveller settlement on the side of a mountain in Kerry somewhere, I can't remember the name of it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,257 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

How do you know she's got more bodyhair than you do? Unless you're completely bald below the neck...?
    Or....?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Doesn't matter where they're gone, just be glad they are gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

West Cork still!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

A lot of punks in the 1980's and 90's turned into crusties after living in filthy squats in london.After the dole over there ran out they moved to ireland and pitched camp in places like cork,kerry and galway.
    Most of them are harmless enough but there's a leavening of pscycopaths amongst them too.

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    How do you know she's got more bodyhair than you do? Unless you're completely bald below the neck...?
    Or....?

well hippie women dont wax much. they seem to prefer the natural look and some women can get pretty hairy if they dont wax or shave.

if i was bald below the neck id probably have received a severe waxing and id feel weird but i suppose on the plus side i could put plasters on my arms and legs and not have to feel that excrutiating pain when i pull them off.:)

well hippie women dont wax much. they seem to prefer the natural look and some women can get pretty hairy if they dont wax or shave.

if i was bald below the neck id probably have received a severe waxing and id feel weird but i suppose on the plus side i could put plasters on my arms and legs and not have to feel that excrutiating pain when i pull them off.:)

Pics or you're a bullsh1tting wanker!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Here ya go Clicky :)

Geez rlax. no need for insults.

i thought this was after hours.

ill get me coat.:(

As long as it's an Afghan coat, you can become an honorary real hippie, not one of those new-age pierced bums living under a tarpaulin that was stolen from a trucker.

That's the whole point of AH! Chill!

As long as it's an Afghan coat, you can become an honorary real hippie, not one of those new-age pierced bums living under a tarpaulin that was stolen from a trucker.

You mean a coat made from an Afghan. iv only got one made from a Norwegian. ill take it anyway the weather is crap outside.

That's the whole point of AH! Chill!

im too warm to chill. im wearing a coat made from a Norwegian.

im too warm to chill. im wearing a coat made from a Norwegian.

I think that would make you a nippie. All they smoke is salmon.

• Advertisement

I think that would make you a nippie. All they smoke is salmon.

+1. You can't have a connection like tat with the most liberal part of Europe and not call yourslef a hippie! NOW we know how he knows hippie girls don't shave.

+1. You can't have a connection like tat with the most liberal part of Europe and not call yourslef a hippie! NOW we know how he knows hippie girls don't shave.

iv been found out.

<runs away screaming>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Maybe if you had a million letters clogging up your mansion you'd feel the same
    Well, i suppose after 40 years of authograph signing you hand would be sore .I actually got the mans authograph many years ago so i shouldent complain .

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Bonzodog

Yep, there are a few hippies living here in Galway, not so many as there was though. Some of them spread out into the wilds of Connemara, and I hear that others are now on the Aran Islands. The hippies i meet tend to be quite well off, live in proper houses, but are very much into eco-livilng etc. The best time to encounter them is on a saturday at the Galway Market.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Zangetsu

Theres still a few comunes knockin about, big one down in cork. Not a fan of outsiders and mostly keep to themselves...

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭dreenman

syklops wrote: »
    Their all in Galway. There is a commune near kinvara if I remember, correctly.

Correct and a brief history of the "Flight of the Hippies" can be read at

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Kinvara

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

They all died from lack of motivation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭allybhoy

mumhaabu wrote: »
    Anyone know?

They are all locked in Cartman's basement

Advertisement