Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Friday "Late Late" moan thread.

Options
  • 17-10-2008 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

I said I'd start this weeks one............:pac:

Looks like Pat had a lick of varnish.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Jesus, does that Duke Special lad have a note in his head?

Sounds like he has ****in bronchitis as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭brendor

I love the way the late late can tap into the nations zeitgeist - NUNS WHO LIVE IN ISOLATION

I also loved the audience members whinging about the medical cards "...me ma will lose her medical card so now i'll have to give a toss ..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

why are these nuns even on?

Is it really bad of me when I saw them come out and it made me think of Fr Jack and "NUNS, NUNS!!Reverse, reverse!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Is it really bad of me when I saw them come out and it made me think of Fr Jack and "NUNS, NUNS!!Reverse, reverse!!"

Well I thought the same thing so at least you're not alone. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

why are these nuns even on?

Cos they are part of another 'stellar show'........

Enough of this crap, Kenny needs to be gone period.

He is overpaid, alloverhimself and over here God Help Us.

RTE please please please rid us of this cancer.

Btw anyone have the katherine lynch thing from last week?, didn't see it but read about it since, is it on yourtube anywhere?.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Why on earth are you watching? Theres 56 other channels and there must be something else on!

Mike

oh jesus that catherine lynch thing! saw too much of that womans flesh!

Jesse Metcaffe... seemed rather subdued or something..was weird, thought he'd have been more entertaining

• Registered Users Posts: 7 deccy7

Yeah looked like Jesse was about to start crying.. and giving him a bottle of Baileys.. wasn't he in rehab recently? mmm the nun was right who does their research?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Cos they are part of another 'stellar show'........

Enough of this crap, Kenny needs to be gone period.

He is overpaid, alloverhimself and over here God Help Us.

RTE please please please rid us of this cancer.

Btw anyone have the katherine lynch thing from last week?, didn't see it but read about it since, is it on yourtube anywhere?.

Watch something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Late Late competing with Jonathon Ross that has Ricky Gervais, Gordon Ramsey, Sarah Silverman and Razorlight.

HA!

:pac:

• Advertisement

SH1TE!!!! Forgot about JR!!!

That's what you get for watching The Late Late.. I don't know how people still watch it.

Apart from taking the piss outta the Toy Show, I haven't seen an episode in at least 10 years. No lie!

Why would you watch it?! I fail to see any entertainment value in it whatsoever!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Watch something else?

I'm not watching it. I'm surfing the net. The missus is watching it. She hasn't much time for him either mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,980 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

mike65 wrote: »
    Why on earth are you watching? Theres 56 other channels and there must be something else on!

Mike
    Several possible reasons Mike!

1. Not in possession of the remote control. (i.e. me :()

2. 4 channel land.

3. It's the national broadcaster so people are entitled to comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Actually, Twiggy and Mikey are just about making it half decent. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Whats with the crap comedians?

O'Connor is scraping the barrell!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Jaysus bring back the comedian!

Sorry WA, I can only feel for those not with 'the pow-r' ;) but there is little excuse for 4 channels when lidl are knocking out complete sat systems for under a ton :)

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭coffey-16

finally d best part of d show...the end:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

the country is falling apart and the late late has the same line up as Parkenson had in one of his shows from 1998.... washed up brits and pat kenney...:mad:

Love him or hate him if Gaybo were still presenting he would had Garret Fitz, Nell Mc, George Lee, Bertie and prob have dug up Charlie and sorted out the country by 11:30, just in time for a surprize song from U2... instead kenney is the friday night book promo show...

Like Zig and Zag said soon after pat the plank took over... 'kenny is a magician! he made 25,000 viewers dissappear in one show'

plank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

I had to cringe when I heard that Tom O Connor guy recycling Brendan Graces jokes from about 20 years ago (i.e the mammy jokes "Just look at the dirt behind your ears" etc etc)....talk about floggin a dead horse :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

basquille wrote: »
    Late Late competing with Jonathon Ross that has Ricky Gervais

Surely not!

I had to cringe when I heard that Tom O Connor guy recycling Brendan Graces jokes from about 20 years ago (i.e the mammy jokes "Just look at the dirt behind your ears" etc etc)....talk about floggin a dead horse :rolleyes:
    +1

amacachi wrote: »
    Surely not!
    He actually hasn't been on it in 2 years.... although it seems more often than that (even Ross made a joke referencing it).

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭tintin67

What was going on with the Late Late Last night? I counted 3 different people who visibly walked across the back of the set in one 15 minute period. Later there was a woman sticking her head around the corner before the camera cut away. Some seriously dodgy camera work generally throughout. Colour bars on screen at one stage. And the show finished a good 5-10 minutes early. Were the production crew all desperate to get back to the drink??

This Tom O'Conner?

http://www.facesagency.co.uk/artist_images/daiv8uqoifhi.jpg

If so then its more likely Brendan Grace has been recycling O'Connes stone age jokes.

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

tintin67 wrote: »
    What was going on with the Late Late Last night? I counted 3 different people who visibly walked across the back of the set in one 15 minute period. Later there was a woman sticking her head around the corner before the camera cut away. Some seriously dodgy camera work generally throughout. Colour bars on screen at one stage. And the show finished a good 5-10 minutes early. Were the production crew all desperate to get back to the drink??

Wouldn't you be desperate for a drink if you were being forced to film that crap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

Was this the Tom O'Connor from the Stewart Lee joke?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭tintin67

Love him or hate him if Gaybo were still presenting he would had Garret Fitz, Nell Mc, George Lee, Bertie and prob have dug up Charlie and sorted out the country by 11:30, just in time for a surprize song from U2...

No he wouldn't. It would have been exactly the same show. Parky, nuns (admittedly in Gay's day they would all be American lesbians), an English comic, a young fella complaining about stopping the medical card for the auld ones to which Gay would have told him he was a great young fella altogether for coming on and not to be bothering the country again until he had a wife, an American fillum star, Twiggy and Tom O'Connor. Perhaps Nell McCafferty slotted in somewhere for a bit of slightly-pissed Northern whinging light entertainment. Gay never really troubled the FF crowd.

Actually thought last night's show was the best in ages apart from the obvious techical errors. Maybe of little appeal to a young audience other than the 'hot yank' Great for us over 40.

Advertisement