Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The hell fire club

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

I don't know who these folks were, but it seemed weird for the day that was in it (Halloween night) that a party of adults would be huddled up together in a room in a house in the middle of God knows where, trying to keep their voices down...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Darragh29 wrote: »
    that a party of adults would be huddled up together in a room in a house in the middle of God knows where, trying to keep their voices down...

Paranormal Invastigators? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Yeah those damn invastigators!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Bunch of weridos :D

Took these pics today up at the Hell Fire Club, place was enveloped in a thick fog, gave the place a nice errie feeling!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

i cant seem to fnd any reference to the hell fire club ever being haunted ..... am I missing something or is this just another place thats claimed to be haunted because it's spooky looking (like loftus hall)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭blue42

iamhunted wrote: »
    i cant seem to fnd any reference to the hell fire club ever being haunted ..... am I missing something or is this just another place thats claimed to be haunted because it's spooky looking (like loftus hall)?

did you not read any of the stories about the hellfire club??:confused:

stories yes - witness accounts, no. anyone can tell a story.

It is about as haunted as Loftus Hall , ie , zip !

the 'creepy looking' factor goes a long way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Stories have gotta come from somewhere, and its not like one person came onto boards and decided it was haunted.
    Its a 50/50 place, you'll either belive the myths or you wont.

at a guess I'd say the stories were about long long before the boards paranormal forum :p

Creepy stories can easily spring from creepy places. It'd be more interesting if someone actually had a recent inexplicable paranormal experience in the place though (not counting strange animal/junkie sightings) - that's all Im saying. Otherwise its all a bit Most Haunted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Carturo

OK I'm not a sceptic but...

...why was he 'seeking refuge', according to that article, if he could simply vanish into thin air? Honestly, I'm asking...is there a reason he went there other than refuge, which seems a little thin.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Hookers and Coke

Its a story about a creepy house on a hill that overlooks Dublin. Before Coilte platned the hill in the 60s/70s it would have been very dominant on the South Dublin skyline. Even as a kid I remember seeing it looming over Tallaght everyday and now the trees obstruct the view. Imagine how it was before there were trees? I found an abandoned village today up the wicklow mountains. It was pretty terriifying at times. Its all in the phenomenology.

G

I posted previously on another thread on this very subject When I was in the scouts, we had a leader who was an archaeologist who worked in UCD. He brought ground survey equipment up to the hell Fre Club on a hike that had been organised up to the summit and after an hour of scanning inside the building, had claimed to have found evidence of a large cavity under the ground floor of the building. I remember at the time, the leaders talking about coming back and examining the exact spots that were idnetified in the survey of the floor, but whether or not they ever did, I wasn't to know as I left the scouts around that time... I recall at the time, there was discussion regarding whether the cavity could have been a grave or something buried under the floor, but one thing was clear from my memory, that there was a large space/cavity under the ground floor inside the building...

if it was basically a rich kids playground in the last century then theres probably a few 'secret' rooms lurking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

I'd love to go spend a night up there!! Id say you absolutely freeze up there tho!! Maybe when the weather gets warmer!!! I live beside Rathmines library so might have to pop in and see what info they have!

Although in saying that i have never heard anyone talk about freaky experiences in Hell Fire. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mattfender

took a spin up to it tonight...wasnt gonna walk up tho :o

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Jessica xxx

NZ wrote: »
    Hey, I first came across the HFC in that book! I am going up there with the tour this week on the Wednesday night. I am also doing the ghost bus (for Halloween obv) but i've done it before and its not so good, i've heard the Hellfire club excrusion is going to be really scary, u can book at <snip>
    What exactly is that?

Advertisement