Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grinds / Study / Tuition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭nothing

Experienced tutor available with First class honours degree in Maths and Statistics in NUIM area.

Subject: Maths, Applied Maths, Statistics
    Grinds in Students Home? No
    Contact Name: Emma (pm for contact details)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 goorty

Hi! Available to give Irish grinds at all undergraduate levels. Specific focus on grammar, as that's where most marks are lost!

Live in Maynooth, and will hopefully be available over the study week before exams as well as the next few weeks.

PM me if interested!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Suppose I'll stick this up now that results are in:

PhD student in Maths Dept, 1st Class Honours Degree in Maths, Masters in Applied Maths. Grinds in most undergrad maths modules offered along with any other Mathsy modules from other departments. Decent rates and available all summer!

PM me here if you're interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 alnicoll

alan_slane wrote: »
    Hi! I recently graduated with a HDIP in IT with a 1st. I have given grinds in Java to students in Trinity and UCD as well as Maynooth.

I can give Java grinds if you are doing:
    CS141 Intro to Programming
    CS210 Algorithms and data structures I
    CS211 Advanced Algorithms and data structures II

I can also give grinds in:

Web Design
    XML
    English
    Philosophy

Individual rate of 20 euro per hour
    Group rate (2 or more) of 15 euro per hour

I have a car, so can travel if necessary. PM me if interested.

Thanks! :)
    Hey PM sent just checking it got through alright

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Baile an Locha

Fluent Irish speaker available for oral grinds. Past experience and references available.

Subject: Gaeilge
    Grinds in Students Home? Yeah
    Contact Name: John (pm for contact details)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 oldboy115

Got a few repeats for 3rd year Mathematical Physics [Thermodyamics, Quantum Mechanics II, Astrophysics and Cosmology]

If anyone would be willing to offer grinds/tuition it would be very much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Laalaaa

Hi, I'm a first year science student but I need some help with MT102s (integration etc) for the repeats in August, if anyone can help out that would be great, thanks!

PM if interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 frezzabelle

Hi Java grinds available in Dublin and surrounding areas. I am a full time developer and graduated with a 1st a software engineering course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

any lady gagologists out there want to help me with my identity analysis of poker face?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Music Grinds Available

Current PhD level Music student at UCD.
    Have graduated from UCD with MMus, BMus and BA degrees.

Modules:
    Any Theory/Analysis based modules (Foundation & Fabric, Textures & Techniques, Harmony & Harmonic Analysis, Counterpoint etc.)

Can also assist with academic writing, essay structure and proofing for any musicological modules.

Contact Name: Michael
    Email: michaelbeg@gmail.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 claresy2011

Hi, need help with final year econometrics, EC306 and Derivatives FN307. Pm me if you can offer grinds.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Michelle Williams

Hi
    I really need grinds to help me with my maths I am in ITB studying business management and accounting this is my first year wondering would you be able to help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 grouch88

Hi.I'm in 2nd year of Business Information Systems at Dublin Bussiness School.
    I would need some grinding in Java programming.
    I live in Dublin 8.
    (pls send answers to alexlucian.hadambu@gmail.com)
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mrMichael

Subject: Italian, French, Spanish, German

Grinds in Students Home? Yes if at reasonable distance
    Contact Name: Michael De Luca
    Email: michel.deluca@hotmail.com
    Rate: €18 per hour - €30 for groups

Qualifications: Native italian lived in France, Germany and Spain. Master degree in translation. 5 years experience in grinds for leaving cert and college in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭tonto2010

Hi,

Lookng for maths grinds in south dublin area, second year computer science discrete maths module. Areas: Bisection Method, Newton Method, linear interpolation.

Need a few hours grinds in the next week, pm me if you can help.

Thanks

*edit* just realized this is in the Maynooth section, mods please move if somewhere more relevant, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Friend is looking for emergency grinds in organic chemistry. Think it's for 3rd year. Exam is on wednesday. Can anyone help? PM if you can!!

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Zipp101

Hi,
    Just wondering is anyone here giving or know anyone giving Spanish grinds either on campus or in Maynooth?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Hi there , Just wondering would there be anyone available in NUIM to give 1st year math grinds for MT102s - Integral calculus specifically ?

aaabbbb wrote: »
    Hi there , Just wondering would there be anyone available in NUIM to give 1st year math grinds for MT102s - Integral calculus specifically ?

Me too. PM if you can give Integral Calculus grinds.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Stephen92

Hey I'm a 2nd year student And I did extremely well in 1st year getting full marks in my calculus exam I'm currently giving grinds too some 1st years and am happy too give more if ur up for it. Just let me know :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Me too. PM if you can give Integral Calculus grinds.

The Maths Support Centre in Rye Hall would probably be a good place to go for grinds?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Stephen92

Hey I'm a 2nd year student And I did extremely well in 1st year getting full marks in my calculus exam I'm currently giving grinds too some 1st years and am happy too give more if ur up for it. Just let me know smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Final Year English and Geography student available for grinds in both subjects.
    Currently on a 2.1 and am very approachable.
    If you need any help, please PM.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Baile an Locha

Professional musician and Music student offers tuition in Guitar, catering for all levels and willing to travel in the North Dublin area. Price fully negotiable. Email stevenjmob@hotmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

Hi all,

I have a Masters in Software Engineering, I completed my Masters course in NUIM graduated in september. For my masters course I had to give several tutorials to first and second year maths, and programming students at NUIM, so its not my first time teaching!

If anyone does need help, I would ideally like to take a group of 3-5 people, (I would be travelling from roscommon, so its not worth my while to travel for less than 3 people) and I would aim give the tutorials in the college on weekday evenings, probably after 6pm. (so I would not interfere with normal lecturers)

I have an extensive knowledge of the C# language, and an excellent knowledge of Java, if you are struggling from the basics like variables or IF statements, or more advanced object orientated material, I would be more than capable of helping!

Prices: for a group of 3/4, €20 per person. group of 5 or over, €15 per person.
    Sessions will last roughly an hour. The bigger the group, the longer im willing to stay.

If you want any more info, or want to arrange a tutorial, sent me a PM, or email to [email]Harper Large Stagehand@gmail.com[/email]

I cant seem to edit this post. I am no longer doing this as im now living in donegal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 underyourwing

Hey
    I failed the MU207 Applied music techniques module at christmas so I'll more than likely have to repeat this module in August(yaaaay).

I'll need grinds for it some time in June/July so anyone who can help would me much appreciated! will discuss rates.

I probably wont be organising it until after the summer exams but just putting it out there for anyone who can help. PM if interested

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

So I've to repeat 1st year Differential calculus along with linear algebra and judging by my performance in Friday's paper Integral calculus also.

Was just wondering if they're was anyone around during the summer able to give grinds in these modules ?!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭gra26

So I've to repeat 1st year Differential calculus along with linear algebra and judging by my performance in Friday's paper Integral calculus also.

Was just wondering if they're was anyone around during the summer able to give grinds in these modules ?!

I am. Do ya want to give me a pm when you're finished the exams and we can have a chat then?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 the quick fix

Hey guys,
    I am in second year in college and I am looking for grinds for introduction to statistics which includes confidence intervals, bays theorem and that sort of thing. If anyone is interested pm me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭cliona88

Hi, I am sitting the gamsat (graduate entry into medicine) exam in september.I have been studying science myself for a few months but I need a bit more direction as my primary degree is in arts. I need grinds in physical and organic chemistry (these should be to a first year university level) and physics (to leaving certificate level). I'm willing to travel but something around the newbridge/ naas area would be great. For the chemistry I'd be looking for someone already qualified with an honours degree or a masters student. But for physics, someone currently in the middle of their degree with a strong physics grounding would be great.

Advertisement