Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

James Bond (Complete Collection Box Set) - €13.99 [Play.com]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Ordered. If it comes through it will be a great crimbo present.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Thanks Basq. probably wont be honoured but nothing to lose anyway !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Had a look at the link that someone posted about play mis-prices 2 years ago and some were honoured. I'm hoping they'll honour mine!(cause I'm brill) Had a look through my order history and I ordered 92 items over the past 2 years:o:o so maybe they'll want to keep my custom or maybe I'll pass under the radar! Thing is I don't even like Bond but tis a good price and I'm sure my sons will like them(ish).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Just ordered one - here's hoping!

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Tried to order it now, it still shows up as 13.99 in the shop but when it comes to paying at the checkout - the price showing is 139.99.......

• Advertisement

Techless wrote: »
    Tried to order it now, it still shows up as 13.99 in the shop but when it comes to paying at the checkout - the price showing is 139.99.......

Jesus got a fright there. Checked my confirmation email and it says 13.99, phew.

Cant afford it if its full price :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

I think someone's going to have a sore head/bad hair day in play.com this morning.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Sterling price is £99.99 but euro is stll €13.99

Play.com pillages are always so sweet! Good man basquille.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Buadhach

Ordered 2 of them at 13.99.

They've just changed to 139.99.

Now the wait for the email begins :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Just remember if they bill your card at 13.99 they have to honor it as far as I know. Managed to get 500 euro off a bass amp because of a mispricing and there was nothing they could do about it cause they already billed the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Patricide wrote: »
    Just remember if they bill your card at 13.99 they have to honor it as far as I know.
    Play don't charge card until despatch, so no hope of that.

Now we play the waiting game..!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Patricide wrote: »
    Just remember if they bill your card at 13.99 they have to honor it as far as I know. Managed to get 500 euro off a bass amp because of a mispricing and there was nothing they could do about it cause they already billed the card.

They don't mate, check this note that's on the email:

Please note: This is an 'open' order and has not been processed by our dispatch department. No contract for the sale of any product will subsist between you and Play.com until Play.com dispatches the product(s) ordered. We will confirm that the product(s) have been dispatched by a confirmation email. This confirmation e-mail amounts to an acceptance by Play.com of your offer to buy goods from Play.com or a third party supplier that is engaged on your behalf by Play.com (whether or not you receive that e-mail).

If the shop already charged you for the amp then yeah there's nothing they can do, but they don't have to honour it just because of the misprice.

Dear Customer,

We are writing to inform you that your recent order for James Bond Complete Collection Box Set was incorrectly listed. Unfortunately we will not be able to supply you with your order at the advertised price and have cancelled your order. If you would still like to purchase this item at the correct price of £99.99 please place a new order.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused to you over this matter and thank you for your patience and valued custom.

Kind Regards,

Ah well easy come easy go. It was worth a shot anyway.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Oh well, was worth a punt anyway.

Yep, got it here too.

Ah well, it's not like it wasn't expected!

Dear Customer,

We are writing to inform you that your recent order for James Bond Complete Collection Box Set was correctly listed. Fortunately we will be able to supply you with your order at the advertised price and have not cancelled your order. If you would like to purchase any more of the item at the lower price, please reply to this email and inform us of same.

Please accept our gratitude for your custom.

Kind Regards

Sorry lads, they must like me more than ye :D

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sedohre

Yeah right Dave, you made that up :pac:

Dunno what you're talkin bout mate, now you're not invited to my James Bond extravaganza when it gets delivered :pac: You can come, basquille!

Dave! wrote: »
    You can come, basquille!
    Sound.

You bring the Martini's.. and I'll come dressed like a million dollars (or actually... €27.99).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

ah well it was worth a try anyway..thanks basquille

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

yep, got my email there saying the order had been cancelled,,,,not to worry

Cheers anyhows Basquille

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

basquille has changed his ways in the last few years :pac:

From the thread that muffler linked
    basquille wrote: »
    I'm being honest for once and not ordering anything.

Simply because i'm not gonna kid myself into thinking it'll work - plus Play have a manual processing procedure on high value items (including DVD boxsets) - these types of orders have to be manually processed to safeguard them from situations like this.

So it won't happen - they'll have all their staff working overtime cancelling all these orders.

So it just means that genuine orders will be delayed by a few days while they trawl through the hundreds of thousands of dodgy orders.

Yep... buzzkill, i know!

basquille has changed his ways in the last few years :pac:

From the thread that muffler linked
    After a couple of honoured misprices over the last year or two, I realise it's worth a shot most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,827 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

i wonder why never say never again is missing from the collection

i hate to pay that much and not get the complete collections

so tell me bond fans
    why is it missing?
    ive no idea

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

mailburner wrote: »
    i wonder why never say never again is missing from the collection

i hate to pay that much and not get the complete collections

so tell me bond fans
    why is it missing?
    ive no idea

another studio did it iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Despite getting that cancellation email, I got an email a few hours later saying they couldn't process my laser details. I'm a little puzzled why they're still trying to process it.

Despite getting that cancellation email, I got an email a few hours later saying they couldn't process my laser details. I'm a little puzzled why they're still trying to process it.
    They don't accept Laser... and as stated earlier in the thread by myself, the Maestro they indicate isn't the Maestro on your Laser card.

It's the new name for Switch in the UK.. they're completely independent!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Yeah I know about the difference but my details went through and mine has a CVV number so thought it might be ok. But it still doesn't explain why they attempted to process it afterwards.

• Advertisement

Yeah I know about the difference but my details went through and mine has a CVV number so thought it might be ok.
    It makes no difference.. a Laser (with Maestro functionality) will NOT work on Play.com. The UK Maestro (Switch) is completely different.

Try and buy something else and they'll send you the same e-mail again.
    But it still doesn't explain why they attempted to process it afterwards.
    They keep the card you used on file (for future purchases) so they checked to see if it's a valid card for this purpose. And it wasn't.

Advertisement