Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get your petrol

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

eth0_ wrote: »
    Is diesel not affected by the 8c levy?

Nope...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

diesel stayed the same eth0_.

back to where diesel is cheaper then petrol?

If I could get a diesel motorbike now i'd be sorted...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

Stekelly wrote: »
    Holy ****. FF brought down the world economy? Does that make us the most powerful country in the world?

Very few countries are in the situation we are where the government betted everything on a housing bubble and then when it was bursting kept denying it was even that bad. Now the reality of the situation is undeniable and the tax payer is forced to foot the bill while the government still trys to prop it up. boo urns.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Darwin

eth0_ wrote: »
    What is the rate of duty on petrol, over 50%?
    What on earth are they thinking putting an extra 8c on a litre, knowing the price of oil is likely to shoot up soon!
    Spot on - the government seem to have very short memories. A little over 2 months ago the price of a barrel of oil was double what it is now. Opec are meeting again in November on the back of concerns that the price of a barrel has dropped sharply. Expect a big cut in production to push the price back up again. I'd gladly take the bus to work for my daily commute (60 miles) if such a thing existed. Instead they penalize people for not using an alternative mode of transport that does not exist. Petrol is not a luxury it's a bloody necessity :mad:

• Advertisement

Statoil on hartstown road is now 129.9 - diesel 128.9

a 10 cent increase?

Benchmark.ie just txt me the fuelcard prices.

125.27 - Petrol
    124.18 - Diesel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭c4cat

brightkane wrote: »
    Statoil on hartstown road is now 129.9 - diesel 128.9

a 10 cent increase?

The reason is 8c duty then you have to pay VAT on the duty so the government collects 10c, but they do not explain that do they, same with cigs you will find they will go up 61c which is 50c plus 11c vat. In other words the govt puts VAT on Duty, how many of you knew that??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭mkpoker

offaly1 wrote: »
    its only going back up to what it was last week...well at least thats the story here in the midlands.....putting 8c on it, just brings it to the same price it was on saturday here! though still not happy with the increase...:mad:

Yes but we waited soooooo long for it too go down to that price:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭tintar

Increasing fuel costs was not a good decision for the Irish economy as a whole. The extra fuel levy will have a ripple effect on groceries and the retail sector, as transporters increase their prices.

Also wine, cigs, will increase higher than the budgeted 50 cent, as retailers begin to factor in the fuel levys. Our workplaces wont look at a salary increase anytime soon, thanks to the credit crunch.

With this budget, Ireland has suddenly become very uneconomical to live in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

c4cat wrote: »
    The reason is 8c duty then you have to pay VAT on the duty so the government collects 10c, but they do not explain that do they, same with cigs you will find they will go up 61c which is 50c plus 11c vat. In other words the govt puts VAT on Duty, how many of you knew that??
    Can't speak for petrol but certainly with cigarettes a 50c increase is the increase after excise and vat are added. It's never 50c+vat on top.
    pre-budget normal price was 7.55 and now it's 8.05(bought some for the missus last night)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

I heard on BBC last night that ASDA and BP are to drop their petrol price in N.I.to 99p, at current conversion rates that will make it cheaper than the Republic. It's a long time since that was the case.

tintar wrote: »
    Increasing fuel costs was not a good decision for the Irish economy as a whole. The extra fuel levy will have a ripple effect on groceries and the retail sector, as transporters increase their prices.

Also wine, cigs, will increase higher than the budgeted 50 cent, as retailers begin to factor in the fuel levys. Our workplaces wont look at a salary increase anytime soon, thanks to the credit crunch.

With this budget, Ireland has suddenly become very uneconomical to live in.

It wont effect groceries as diesel is still the same price... No reason for transporters to increase their prices

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

This is the best disguised bargain ever.

Advertisement