Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supervalu home projector €299, half-price

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Actulally one thing I wanted to check. On mine, there is a small border on the picture, even when in windows or in full screen movie mode. Instead of the blackness just ending, there is a lighter colour edge around the whole thing.

Anyone else get this?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Energizeer

I ordered one on Sat. The order went through and I was all looking forward to getting this over the next day or two. I just got a message on my phone there saying that it's out of stock and they are going to cancel my order :(
    Very unhappy about this.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Sorry to hear that man, that really sucks.

It's unlikely, but if I do decide I don't want my projector any more, I'll give you first dibbs.

Sound job

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭podge3

Looks like my order could be in trouble also.

I ordered last Wednesday and got an email to say that it was dispatched later on that day. It should have been delivered on Friday with the €30/2 day delivery.

It wasn't delivered on Friday or today. I just rang the helpline and they have no idea where it is. Me wonders if it was posted at all :mad:

Looks like this could be my first and last time dealing with Misco. At the very least, it will be a 4 day delivery (if it arrives at all).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

If misco nave charged your card then you have a contract with them and they can't cancel it. IIRC misco ships out of the UK so the UK distance selling regulations apply to them which are far far superior to any law we have here.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Does anyone know what courier is delivering these in Ireland?
    I ordered Wednesday, it was shipped Thursday and on the item tracking page linked to by the dispatch confirmation it says "22:39 Friday, October 17, 2008 Arrived at Delivery Branch".. I didn't get it today and I don't think there is an Irish branch of city-link so I presume the packages are passed on to another courier?

Yeah, my order didn't get that far at all. You'd think they'd have a real time stock function set up... The order e-mail says that they can cancel the order any time withing a business day of you making the order. I would like a discount on my next order at least.

Hmmmm....the plot thickens :mad::mad:

Just checked my dispatch notice and it says "Date Dispatched: 01/01/1900 00:00:00"

Can someone please check their dispatch email to see if it contained the proper date.

podge3 wrote: »
    Just checked my dispatch notice and it says "Date Dispatched: 01/01/1900 00:00:00"
    Looks like the Y2k Bug!

• Advertisement

Hey Zascar.. do you by any chance know which courier delivered yours?

podge3: Mine has the correct date.

No idea sorry it got delivered to work so I did not sign for it

Redisle wrote: »
    podge3: Mine has the correct date.
    Thanks Redisle.

I just checked my credit card and Misco did charge my card so it looks like I have a contract anyway. But the projectors are out of stock now so if someone f**ked up and didn't post it then I don't suppose I have much chance of getting one.

edit: just rang them again and got a different story this time. Seems like the courier "rejected delivery" for some reason. The CS lady said she had never heard of this happening but will look into it.

I'm holding my breath........

Misco are a right shower of cu*ts :mad::mad::mad:

I rang twice yesterday and was promised that someone would get back to me with more information. My calls were not returned and I had to ring them back.

Anyhoo, the latest on my projector is that the courier tried to deliver and failed. I was informed that the goods are now on the way back to Misco and my card will be fully refunded - including the carriage. I can re-order the item but I will have to pay the full price (and probably get no screen).

WTF :confused:

I informed them that no delivery was attempted. No note was left nor was I contacted via telephone. The CS lady couldn't tell me who the courier was. I am living in a large provincial town so its not like I'm out in the sticks.

She couldn't explain to me why the goods couldn't just be resent. She just blamed the courier. I was put on hold several times while she tried to contact the courier. In the finish, she told me that she would ring me back.

Are Misco really this bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,603 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I rang twice yesterday and was promised that someone would get back to me with more information. My calls were not returned and I had to ring them back.

Anyhoo, the latest on my projector is that the courier tried to deliver and failed. I was informed that the goods are now on the way back to Misco and my card will be fully refunded - including the carriage. I can re-order the item but I will have to pay the full price (and probably get no screen).

I informed them that no delivery was attempted. No note was left nor was I contacted via telephone. The CS lady couldn't tell me who the courier was. I am living in a large provincial town so its not like I'm out in the sticks.

She couldn't explain to me why the goods couldn't just be resent. She just blamed the courier. I was put on hold several times while she tried to contact the courier. In the finish, she told me that she would ring me back.

Its not Miscos fault,its Nightline the courier.
    They are pretty poor to be fair.
    I had one missed call off them at 7.40am and that was it.
    I had to ring them back and sort it out.
    I've had stuff returned to sender when using them before and I know that they made absolutely no effort to contact me,no missed calls .Never had any problem with other couriers.
    Anyways set mine up just there,its a fine piece of kit,does get very hot though ,almost a burning smell off it.
    Picture is very good even at this time of the day,will be better later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Jesus, don't get me started on THAT courier company. Had school-books of mine in their depot for about 3 weeks, missed one call from them during that time. Eventually I located and called to the depot and wo and behold ALL the books were damaged. Fair dues to the company I ordered from, sent me out a new order straight away....I know loads of people who've had trouble from these shower..

(I'm in cork btw)

I got mine today!
    Have tried it on the 360 and the wii. It's pretty sweet on the 360, I used a 1080i input with component cables and it looked pretty nice (far better than on a 20" crt.. )
    The wii looks a bit grainy alright on the standard rca cables, hopefully it will be a bit better if I get a component cable for it. Divx videos also look pretty sweet (played through the 360 from a connected hdd). I can hardly even notice the bad red's mentioned in the review.

Edit: Im loving this projector, Just watched an ep of Heroes and am now watching Kerrang on sky on a nice ~100" screen. I am just using a bedsheet as a screen for now because it's too much hassle to mount the screen. This was definetly worth the money but my fear is it will make me buy a more expensive one :0

I watched some of the Champions league football on it tonight,then watched Rambo on DVD.
    I projected a 70 inch picture onto a white wall and it worked very nicely.
    I'm very impressed with it ,the quality is excellent,no pixellation at all,very smooth and clear.
    I'm only using composite video cables at the moment as the S video connector on it seems to be different from normal,more pins.
    I must get a long S video cable for it.
    Cant wait to set it up properly with my 5.1 system then the fun will begin.

I got a huge s-video cable from Power City for €6, and I got a jack-to-phono cable as well to go from PC to speakers, for €2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

I never had a problem with Misco, they always phoned if there was going to be a delay due to stock issues & I never had to chase them, when I posted the link to this projector last week it was listed in the "open box specials" section so they probably had limited stock to start with,..early bird catches the worm as they say.

• Advertisement

lensman wrote: »
    when I posted the link to this projector last week it was listed in the "open box specials" section so they probably had limited stock to start with,..early bird catches the worm as they say.
    I was an "early-bird" :(.

The latest from Misco is that my projector may never have been dispatched at all!! Maybe I was wrong about them - they are not cu*ts, just incompetents. Even if I get it now, I will never deal with them again.

I was an "early-bird" :(.

The latest from Misco is that my projector may never have been dispatched at all!! Maybe I was wrong about them - they are not cu*ts, just incompetents. Even if I get it now, I will never deal with them again.
    I suspect they have been caught out with the number of orders from folks on boards.ie ,..apart from the ones that say they ordered there are probably other readers who placed orders & never bothered to posting here ;)

lensman wrote: »
    I suspect they have been caught out with the number of orders from folks on boards.ie ,..apart from the ones that say they ordered there are probably other readers who placed orders & never bothered to posting here ;)

Dont seem to be many on here that bought it judging by the lack of feedback on this thread so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Dont seem to be many on here that bought it judging by the lack of feedback on this thread so far.

Unfirtunately, it was posted on HUKD a few days after it was posted here, so the stock flew out:

posted; 17-10-2008, 12:33
    Just to let you know there are only 15 left now. 103 sold in 24 hours. Previously to that Misco had sold 16 so far in October. Me thinks Ebay will be full of these. Perhaps sales shot up when there was confirmation that the units turned up from Misco unopened.

thier thread here: http://hotukdeals.com/item/259086/infocus-in1-gaming-projector-and-pr/showthread.php?t=259086

Ok, get this - the latest from Misco on my projector is that it was never dispatched because I had no county code in my address :rolleyes:. Strangely enough the invoice was posted to me and I got it last Monday :confused:

However, they have a projector in stock and they will ship it today so I should have it next week. The €30/2 day delivery has turned into a €30/10 day delivery :(.

Lets hope its worth the wait :).

Ok, get this - the latest from Misco on my projector is that it was never dispatched because I had no county code in my address :rolleyes:. Strangely enough the invoice was posted to me and I got it last Monday :confused:

However, they have a projector in stock and they will ship it today so I should have it next week. The €30/2 day delivery has turned into a €30/10 day delivery :(.

Lets hope its worth the wait :).
    get this,..I now hear it's a re-badged FISHER PRICE kiddies projector !!........................:D:D:D:D

only joking,............;););)

Was watching a few films on this bad boy over the last few nights.
    I'm well impressed.
    Watched Transformers,Bourne Supremacy and U2 Live from Chicago.
    I blew the image up to around 120 inches across and it looked excellent.
    Piped the sound through my 5.1 system .
    I'm like a kid with a new toy.
    Only drawback is that the screen I got with it is tiny ,nowhere near the 60 inch as advertised.
    Not to worry it looks fine on the wall.
    Cant wait to watch a 3D movie on it.

My projector finally showed up today :D.

Both it and the screen looked brand new and unused, although the projector outer box had been opened.

I've sold the screen for €50, so the projector has cost me €100. Now I just to find a use for it......

• Advertisement

Anyone tried registering this on the Infocus website?

I'm getting an error stating that the serial number does not match the model number. I have checked several times and I'm typing the number correctly :confused:

Advertisement