Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heroes 3x05: "Angels and Monsters" **SPOILERS**

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

I agree with everything said so far. I was just wondering how come Sylar couldn't hear Noah trying to convince the vortex guy to make him disappear, didn't he acquire super hearing in season 1?

I thought that this episode was better than last weeks. We now know some more about how some of them got their powers.
    It looks like those born with powers have a genetic lineage, maybe they're all decendants of Adam?
    . We also know who is the mastermind behind everything. We also know why he wants Adam
    to use his blood to cure him. Why he didn't use his blood before though?
    . Didn't like the Hiro bit and don't like where Mohinder is going.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

*Not usin spoiler tags as this whole thread is a spoiler!!

Its all over the shop!

Too much switchin between Present & Future

They still didnt explain how Sylar takes peoples abilities

Hiro bein p;ssed at Ando is kinda lame, how does he know he actually killed him in the future, and that it was really Ando?

Nikki bein from triplets is like a cheap way of keeping Ali Larter in [but Oh i love that!!]
    I'm sure Tracy will be killed, then surprise, they'll move onto Barbera

How did Future-Peter die? Did Claire have special bullets? she didnt shoot him in the head, and if the Haitian is suppressing his Healing, he'll hafta to be around him forever

and Noah is annoying, once against spouting out his protection sh!te

and i thought Meredith would actually help someone, instead of throwin it back in Claire's mam's face that she can make fire

Maya is a SLUH and I still cant stand Mohinder

Generally messy blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh series so far, but still good TV

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Ok, so now we have a show that has become reliant on some McGuffin to carry each season to completion. This is why season 1 worked, we had a proper villain. Then we had "the virus" and now "the formula"...ughh, please!

My problem was:
    If angela petrelli felt the formula was so dangerous, why the heck did they neatly rip up the paper in two halves and carefully store each half away in a safe? Ehh, burn it maybe, let that dude suck it into a vortex, stuff it down mohinder's throat?? I am never letting those people get rid of my credit card receipts!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

If they came up with the formula once, then surely they could again. There was no need to keep it, just another stupid plot device. Also, Mohinder has independently come up with the formula anyway, so the one the company had is redundant now. I assume that what's happening to Mohinder is a possible side effect of not being the "right lineage".

A lot of the other stuff in this episode was just silly too, not least of which was Sylar's inability to hear, even with his super hearing. If Noah is looking for a way to kill Sylar, why not shoot him when the Haitian is around, Sylar's healing ability will not work then. The Haitian was even there with them both towards the end of last weeks episode. It's another blatant plot hole, in a black hole of plot holes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

unreggd wrote: »
    How did Future-Peter die? Did Claire have special bullets? she didnt shoot him in the head, and if the Haitian is suppressing his Healing, he'll hafta to be around him forever

She might have shot him in the back of the head afterwards :D anyway, they could shove something in his brain to keep him dead or take it out and cut it in to peices to make sure he won't wake up again.

jor el wrote: »
    If they came up with the formula once, then surely they could again. There was no need to keep it, just another stupid plot device. Also, Mohinder has independently come up with the formula anyway, so the one the company had is redundant now. I assume that what's happening to Mohinder is a possible side effect of not being the "right lineage"[./QUOTE]

Mohinder said he got it wrong when he used it on himself, besides, his sister had powers before the virus killed her (or it was suggested she was one of these "special" people). It also could have been his resistance to the virus that messed up the formula when he took the concentrated syringe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Mohinder said he got it wrong when he used it on himself, besides, his sister had powers before the virus killed her (or it was suggested she was one of these "special" people). It also could have been his resistance to the virus that messed up the formula when he took the concentrated syringe.

Too many big words in there for the writers of this show. It's just popcorn entertainment at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,254 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Sandor wrote: »
    Too many big words in there for the writers of this show. It's just popcorn entertainment at this stage.
    Indeed =/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Sandor wrote: »
    Is it really though? I mean for a show about superpowers they don't really use them that much, it's more of a drama at the min.

Example the first season, they go into the future and cut away before a massive powers battle between Sylar and Peter... and the ending... again everyone waiting for the massive battle with powers being used like hell, but nada.

Getting annoying at this stage, have Sylar kill the lot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 El_Magnifigo

I think they just need to start defining what powers everyone has properly. Like it seems to me (Sylar and Peter especially) that because they have a multitude of powers from Season 1 that they forget exactly which ones they have and at this stage when they both can pretty much get out of any situation imagineable are finding it tough to ut them in any sort of "life-threatening" situation that doesn't have plotholes. The series has been ok so far, not great, they kinda just seem to be making random twists and turns for the sake of it rather than them meaning anything or having any sort of build up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

They should bring in someone who's power is Immunity to all other powers

and have Sylar and Peter scrap over it

cos with that, nothing will keep them powerless, not even the Hatian

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Peter wouldnt be able to take someone powers if they were immune to Peters mimicry. Sylar probably would, as they'd be dead when he examines their brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭coillcam

I liked it but I'm ignoring any incosistancies as I usually do :rolleyes:

I'd say Noah copped on to the fact that Sylar is really a massive Mummy's boy beneath it all when Peter went cuckoo and tried to kill her. This is probably his weakness/moment that Noah will again no doubt try to exploit in future episodes.

It's never going to be the Mona Lisa of Tv shows tbf. For me it does what it says on the tin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

All I have to say about this episode is OMG. The only thing I can compliment is that they've effectively killed this show for me with this one episode and that's usually close to impossible for me. OMG. They've completely morphed Hiro's character in less than 3 episodes and changed him from the likeable, funny, nerdy but a little bit slow guy that is essentially afraid of his own powers into a paranoid, untrusting killer that has full control of his powers and is aware of exactly what they can do. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM? OMFG.

Also, we know Claire is the youngen' that is coming to terms with her powers and hates what her father does but WHY is she soooo retarded all of a sudden?? It's like they've brought in a bunch of pre-pubescent 12 year olds as the new writers.

*Edit* ok Hiro is forgiven... but it's still ****e tho. :(

Advertisement