Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heroes 3x05: "Angels and Monsters" **SPOILERS**

Options
  • 14-10-2008 3:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 82,254 ✭✭✭✭

Claire tries to take down her first villain; Hiro tries to become friends with Daphne and Knox.

yea this episode left me high and dry for clever polling options that weren't otherwise spoilerific.

Quite a revealing episode of Heroes, to say the least..

edit: major spoiler in post 2: you are warned.

What did you think of 3x05 48 votes

3x05 captivated me like a puppet and I'm loving it.
    0% 0 votes
    I ran out of clever polling options: fúckoff. (good)
    29% 14 votes
    Where on the doll did the angel touch you Nathan?
    47% 23 votes
    Time travel won't give me the last 45 minutes of my life back.
    16% 8 votes
    Plot-holes as a Superpower? This show is doomed.
    6% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,842 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Daddy Petrelli comes back to kill the rest of his family :D

It's like Heihachi from Tekken!

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Smyth

Christ.

There's more holes in this show than a Playboy magazine.

They need to expand the MAIN story at a faster rate and develop the plot rather than constantly coming up with these cliffhangers which lead to a side-storyline that ends with and abrupt, poorly written and unsatisfying conclusion.

I also want to punch Claire in the head. She's such a moron. Her moral compass can sway from north to south withing 5 minutes. Twat.

*edit* we all KNOW that Ando is coming back to life somehow....we just do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Hmmm some continuity errors in this ep:
    Like when claire and co were in the house, it was daytime, but then the next scene with the carousel, it was nighttime, it couldn't have taken them so long to get to it
    And what's with yer man sucking himself into the blackhole when he wanted to, and not other times? Surely first time around when he did that, he wasn't able to control it and thus he would be sucked in

• Registered Users Posts: 82,254 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

the above 2 continuity errors: you dont know what time of day it was it could have been the evening that claire found the guy in his house. second, his power probably stops him from naturally sucking into his own vortex. Just like Claire's mom can survive on low oxygen and doesnt burn, and just like whats his name could produce lethal radiation without dying from it.

As for Hiro's little bit there: wtf. Inconsistent with the last episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I haven’t seen the episode yet but the above spoilers has me confused as hell, but seems to be a good episode. May need a second watch as last weeks did to get the real storyline.

5 episodes over, how many before the baseball break:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

quote from Smyth:
    There's more holes in this show than a Playboy magazine.

some of them are still in my brain after 45mins,jesus!
    blackhole??at first i thought his ability can suck off merely electronic devices,the time he used it beside claire,disarming her.how bizarre of the black hole release scene afterwards.

claire dressed like the future her??at least i was confused at a sec.her acting is worse than terrible.get over the brainless teenage stuffs can we?

mohinder is wtf to me.it was funny first we think it is a small rip off from fly,while the 2nd time we were showed he is an exact copy but in cockroach version,this time i am disgusted:why on earth do they wanna make him a character like that??

hiro,you can toy adam when he is in the coffin by using travel back time(which you sweared you wont do that again),while you cant do that to chase him back later?????

the worst thing is?the SOMEONE behind this is revealed and apparently all plot holes/illogical stuffs(lindermann appearance/nathan's god etc) can be blamed on the guy who is working for the SOMEONE.the guy's power is doubtless the most powerful power in this show(turns out to be pretty lame after you know who he is) while he is working for the SOMEONE who is in coma.......

the fat guy having dinner with claire's real mum?we are not sure now but if he has the power like Eden in season 1,i think i am not the only one who get p*ssed.

plot holes?very very very bad script tbh.where is the clever and creative story teller from season 1???

forgive me for the multi question marks,i was kinda excited to see the new episode after this long day.

conclusion?you own the universe,tim kring.and that p*ssed me off

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Namesco wrote: »
    5 episodes over, how many before the baseball break:(

I think Volume 3 is going to run straight through all it's 13 episodes without interruption.

Volume 4 is due to start in February then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

Wasn't particularly impressed with it. Especially when hiro went all bad ass on ando. It seemed really out of character, and although i'm sure there will be a magic reset button somewhere, it just comes across as a waste of time.

The fat guy having dinner with Meridith looked to be some sort of creeppy puppeteer which is a good angle, but at the same time every week we get more new random villians to add the the already complicated story.

I did like Angela's dream though. Hopefully the plot will finally settle down and give some quality in the second half of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Heroes, The Wire episode \o/

Parts of it were very lame. I'm not surprised it's losing viewers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Yeah..
    It was alright. It was a bit of a wtf moment when Hiro
    actually pushed that sword into Ando
    .. as someone else said it was totally out of character.. maybe Hiro plans something stupid like going back in time and
    saving Ando from himself
    ???
    And so they introduced a new leader to the company.. it's something they could have done at any time really..I guess they just needed a new way to take the story of the company.. running out of ideas maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

couldent even finnish watching it , the show is dead :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Sherifu wrote: »
    Heroes, The Wire episode \o/

Parts of it were very lame. I'm not surprised it's losing viewers.

Haha! Marlo and Bubbles running amuck!

Thought it was terrible, worst episode yet.

They really need to get rid of Claire.. annoying as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Another average (at best) episode - the writers probably have no clue where they are going with it and just pull random crap out every week... Agree with all other posters that they need to stop giving so much time to Claire, she's the most annoying character now - and I don't care about Mohinder...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Not the worst but they're screwing around too much. The characters aren't actually going anywhere. There's no development and as soon as some interesting event/scenario comes along it's shot down five minutes later so the show can slip back into its groove.

Mother Petrelli/New Nikki/Claire/Suresh are about as useful/entertaining/likeable/valuable to the show as cock flavoured lollipops.

There's a serious lack of imagination when it comes to the writers. They're handling the show with a spectacular degree of incompetencey.

It's still a step up from season two. I liked this one alright but maybe not as much as last weeks. Roll on the next episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Agree with the other posters. Reckon the writers are just winging it.

The only obvious theme is the heroes/villians one; as in who the f*** are the villains and who are the heroes. All the main characters are so contradictive at the moment, which I think is the most annoying thing. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

A new surprise everyweek ... God it is getting bad, I loved last weeks episode .. but this week was terrible.

Adam monroe, Yeah for someone who seem intent on destroying the world and being locked in a coffin for months, he seemed like a happy chap.

They really do need to start worrying about the plot than to keep surprising viewers.

At least bad ass peter was locked up for the entire show.

Linderman now makes sense, and I guess he used linderman with Daphne as he is alot more charming than Parkman snr.

Though I do remember when Mrs Petrelli was talking about her husband in season 1, she said he had "delusions of grandeur"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

I agree with everything said so far. I was just wondering how come Sylar couldn't hear Noah trying to convince the vortex guy to make him disappear, didn't he acquire super hearing in season 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,254 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

he did hear. didnt you hear sylar talk about it in the car afterwards?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Sylars power doesnt work like that - he has to see things to understand them. Hence the cuttting off peoples skull cap to get their powers. Needing to open watches to understand them, as we see peter do in the last episode..so on, so forth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Complete crap. Writing is laughable. Il watch again next week though (god knows why).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Ya he definatly had super hearing from season 1 from the fat mechanic person with the ipod. Overall I liked the episode though not as good as last week. And im fully expecting Ando to recover

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I thought it was good in the sense it kept me involved but I have to agree with others that in terms of plot development, things are far from good.

I too wondered why Sylar didn't use his hearing ability instead of looking so confused about the exchange between portal guy and Noah.

I didn't like Hiro killing Ando. Obviously he won't stay dead but it seemed very out of character for Hiro to do that.

I HATE what has happened to Mohinder. I liked how before he was the one normal guy amongst the rest of the freaks. Kind of reminded me of Xander in Buffy where he was Mr Average amongst everyone special yet was nonetheless very significant. I really dislike his present storyline.

The ending was a bit meh for me. I thought the reveal might have been Linderman which I would have preferred.

If I was to assess season 3 so far I'd say it was an improvement upon last season but that it hasn't come close to reaching the excellence of season 1.

I intend to keep watching though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

cooperguy wrote: »
    Ya he definatly had super hearing from season 1 from the fat mechanic person with the ipod. Overall I liked the episode though not as good as last week. And im fully expecting Ando to recover

But he LOST all his powers at the end of season one....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Overheal wrote: »
    he did hear. didnt you hear sylar talk about it in the car afterwards?

He did not hear, but he a smart guy it; it would not have have been difficult to figure out what he was up to...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

But he LOST all his powers at the end of season one....
    But did he not REGAIN all his powers at the of season two...
    he certainly has telekinesis and he used the nuke power again in the future.

tbh it just another plot hole you can add to the list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

Sylar looked like he was just standing around not not listening in. Whenever Sylar or that fat mechanic lady used the power they always used some audio hints to show us what's happening. The writers just probably forgot what powers he has...I think that happens a lot.

He probably just found out from talk in the car on the way back. Or guessed why the vortex guy committed suicide. In any case, not the worse thing in the episode as it's ambiguous enough.

I have more problems with all the other rubbish in the episode and others have already mentioned some of them. Peter put out of commission again in a convoluted way. How can the vortex man be locked up for 2 years and not escape when he can just create a vortex to suck the doors/walls/floors/people away? What kind of process does the company have in place to determine someone is really really dangerous? All the throw away plot devices the writers keep on coming up with just creates more questions and inconsistencies.

Advertisement