Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What anime are you watching or manga are you reading?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I think death note might well be the best anime I've ever watched,just amazing,I'm watching vampire knight now and finding it very hard to get into

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭G.J.

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    I caught up on this over the weekend, best comedy of the season (but not much competition).

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun is definitely decent competition for comedy of the season. Barakamon has its moments of comedy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,529 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

125 episodes of Hunter X Hunter 2011 has been added to netflix

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

125 episodes of Hunter X Hunter 2011 has been added to netflix

Watched the first episode after you posted, I really like it :).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

If anyones interested, Space Pirate Harlock has also gone up on Netflix, its under Harlock: Space Pirate.

Also checked out Viewster, some alternate version of Netflix that used to have a lot of old animes. They have dropped a lot of their older series and gotten some newer series like Bakumatsu Rock, both Oreimos (1st series never got a stream I think), Servant x Service, Silver Spoon.

• Advertisement

If anyones interested, Space Pirate Harlock has also gone up on Netflix, its under Harlock: Space Pirate.

Also checked out Viewster, some alternate version of Netflix that used to have a lot of old animes. They have dropped a lot of their older series and gotten some newer series like Bakumatsu Rock, both Oreimos (1st series never got a stream I think), Servant x Service, Silver Spoon.

Yeah Harlock was added on Friday, was announced back in May.

Pretty good stuff on Viewster including Star Driver which was never licensed here.

Yeah Harlock was added on Friday, was announced back in May.

Pretty good stuff on Viewster including Star Driver which was never licensed here.

Just downloaded the app there.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Perkinstock

High School of the dead :)

High School of the dead :)

Its about €6 in HMV, been tempted, even considering the physics defying boobs....

Seems Viewster is going all out, have added Bakemonogatari, Nisemonogatari and Fate/Zero to their service, and Oreshura is coming next week.

Also, AnimaxUK has nabbed Tokyo Ghoul and Terror in Resonance too, though they are still a ways behind the current streams.

• Advertisement

Also, AnimaxUK has nabbed Tokyo Ghoul and Terror in Resonance too, though they are still a ways behind the current streams.

Anime Limited are looking to get their simulcast streams on as many sites as possible, Terror in Resonance and Tokyo Ghoul are still on Wakanim for free too.

Zankyou no Terror/Terror in Resonance is really worth picking up for anyone who isn't watching it, it's looking to be the best series of this season.

Also, anyone looking for a good comedy, you should pick up Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun. It's another one of my favourites this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Perkinstock

zankyou-no-terror-anime-characters.png:)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭julan

I love koroko no baske, I am tired of waiting for the next season.

Just watched Evangelion for the 1st last week, it was...something...alright. I guess its impact would be a bit lessened after so long and the anime industry has changed a lot since when it first aired.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Started watching sword art online and watched 7 eps in one sitting so far, love it! Even though it gets some bad press I'm loving the whole idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭IHeartYuki

I just finished Hanamonogatari. I love this series so much! I love these stories that are mostly dialogue yet accompanied by some of the most striking visuals in anime. This part of the Monogatari series lives up to the name and really gives you a story worth following. It reminded me a lot of the Hitagi Crab arc of Bakemonogatari. Anyway, if you're into SHAFT's production of these stories you should check it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

IHeartYuki wrote: »
    I just finished Hanamonogatari. I live this series so much! I love these stories that are mostly dialogue yet accompanied by some of the most striking visuals in anime. This part of the Monogatari series lives up to the name and really gives you a story worth following. It reminded me a lot of the Hitagi Crab arc of Bakemonogatari. Anyway, if you're into SHAFT's production of these stories you should check it out.

Oooh thanks for reminding about Hanamonogatari - totally forgot it had aired!
    Started watching sword art online and watched 7 eps in one sitting so far, love it! Even though it gets some bad press I'm loving the whole idea.

I loved SAO too. It's one of those really popular series though that attracts a lot of criticism as a result. The 2nd arc of the 1st series really is disappointing in comparison to the 1st arc though. Luckily, GGO (1st arc of the currently airing 2nd series) is a more a return to form imo anyway!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I actually came on to say "why you heff to do this second half of season!" (Yes I'm binge watching)
    But I still love it so much, the concept is really well done.

The first episode I watched was ep 1 from season 2 by accident :o

Been recommended accel world and log horizon now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Picked up Vol 12 of Yotsuba from forbidden planet. So excites. Yotsuba is pretty much one of my favourites when it comes to animu and mango, it is absolutely hilarious, like every couple of pages has me laughing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Numina wrote: »
    Picked up Vol 12 of Yotsuba from forbidden planet. So excites. Yotsuba is pretty much one of my favourites when it comes to animu and mango, it is absolutely hilarious, like every couple of pages has me laughing.
    I love it too. It's so sweet and Yotsuba is so INTENSE about everything :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Ah, I'm still strugging to read through the first few pages of Yotsoba

I am trying to read it in the original language though :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Currently watching Urotsukidoji : Legend of the Overfiend -The Perfect Collection.

Had only ever seen the censored version up til now, tis easy to see why it was cut to ribbons.

Currently watching Urotsukidoji : Legend of the Overfiend -The Perfect Collection.

Had only ever seen the censored version up til now, tis easy to see why it was cut to ribbons.

Ya its very very violent :/

Giving hxh a break and started watching pscho pass,two episodes in and good so far.

Giving hxh a break and started watching pscho pass,two episodes in and good so far.

Just finished it myself, thought it was very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Links234 wrote: »
    Ah, I'm still strugging to read through the first few pages of Yotsoba

I am trying to read it in the original language though :pac:
    Stick with it! There's a fair amount of visual humour so it's a good one to work on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 GinoS

Still really into Zankyou and Space Dandy. Luckily Tokyo Ghoul has picked up in recent eps too!

Is it just me who feels that ZnT has dropped the ball a bit since Five was introduced? It's still good, just not as good as it was.

• Advertisement

G.J. wrote: »
    Is it just me who feels that ZnT has dropped the ball a bit since Five was introduced? It's still good, just not as good as it was.

No, your not alone. Lots of folks dont like the direction its taken. Thought it would be 9 and 12 vs the detective as he tries to find a solve the riddles while grasping one clue or scrap of evidence to pin them.

Now its just a less macabre Deathnote.

Advertisement