Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tie Your Runner Down - A Log

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Rovers training. The 2.7 miles were done in an average of 6:38. Tonight I felt what I can imagine having asthma is like. Simply couldn't get enough air in through my nose in the last mile+, felt like airways were closing in. Decent time though - on of the lads pushed me which was a help too. Indoor was fun, lots of football instead of circuits which is unusual!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Rovers! Shamrock Rovers?

No we're way better than those wasters! Raheny Rovers: www.rahenyrovers.com

The long term goal is Champions League 2020!

Another easy 3 miler in this morning. Football training later. I had a very vivid dream I scored all 4 goals in a Rovers victory last night - that can't be healthy!

Rovers training. Easy enough, 1st time in a long time I'm saying those 2 words. Or at least relatively so. I should really run into work tomorrow...

• Advertisement

5 + miles into work, average 8:18. Didn't have my usual runners on, bag
    too heavy, jacket too warm: was never really in my comfort zone. Tomorrow off, I'll try put a nice long one in on Sunday.

I'll now officially be missing the Raheny 5 too. Have 3 weeks off in Jan in-between jobs, so have booked a trip on the Trans Mongolian Express. Doubt I'll get much running done on the trains or in -20 weather :eek:

Played the first half of Rovers match on Sunday. It's been a while since we played, good to see our training paid off. We won easily 4-1, and I'm aching today...

Training will be taking a backseat for a while, end of this month and Dec going to be very busy. Early Jan I have exams and then there's a 3 week trip on the Trans Mongolian Express booked for Jan (in-between jobs), so any running I get to squeeze in the meantime will be a bonus....

BOO-URNS!

Rovers training tonight.

Covered the 2.7 miles in 6:46 / mile. Took it slightly easier, I had to cycle 15 mins right beforehand so the legs were a bit jellyish. I just imagined it was good duathlon training! Sprints and match in the hall, good workout overall.

I'll let my log slip onto pg 2 for the first time, that's not good...

Rovers training last night. Covered the 2.7 miles in 6:38 pace. Happy enough considering the cold. Then indoors for some sprints and a match. As I'm extremely busy between here and the end of Jan, I can't see myself progressing too much, I'll just try to stay at a similar level for now.

3 very easy miles in with plenty of gear onboard. Had the chicks gear also in a seperate bag, actually felt ever ever so slightly like Odysseus!

• Advertisement

Another good Rovers session this evening. Chilly and plenty of sprints in the mud, it can only be good!

Last class in college cancelled last night so got home at a decent time with a run in mind.
    Did the Raheny 5 route in reverse, as my house is right beside the start line. 5 miles @ 7:18 for a 36:20 finish, which is actually my PB on the route. In context, I've run the race 4/5 times!!!!

Easy enough session tonight with the Rovers. 2.7 mile run was in 7:20 average, I stayed with the lads for no particular reason. Bad turnout so just played an easy match indoors. Christmas party season will be taking it's toll for the rest of this week / next week...

Wow - nothing for almost a week now :eek: - and nothing new to report!

Booked in for Dublin in Oct, unsure as whether to do a late Spring Marathon too...
    Off to Denmark for a week on Fri, in between eveything else I've to do a fair bit of study for exams in Jan. After the exams I'm going on the Trans Sinerian Express (Beijing -> St. Petersburg, NOT in one go!) so anything I do between now and February will be a bonus :mad:

After that it's all go though - I promise!

Managed a sneaky 5 miles in 38:42 - 7:44 average. Nice morning, I never run without food but did here, felt fine.
    Over in Denmark for the next week visiting the family for Christmas, so plan a few longer runs in between the excesses of gluttony and drinking...

5 miles fartlek

As mentioned above, I arrived in Denmark yesterday to spend a week here with the family. There's a lovely little 2.4 km forest loop right beside my Dad's house, where I found my love for running all those years ago. Went out with my Dad, he ducked home after the first loop, I took a couple more. Blowing a gale, my pace was all over the place, but I came home tired. Plenty of hills, so I'm fililng this under 'fartlek'. My Dad ain't the fastest these days, so the first loop was very slow. Average ca. 8:30 min/mile over 5 miles.

7 miles @ 8:16 today against a very hard headwind. Most of the run was on dirt tracks / grass, so happy enough with the time.

Same 5 miles as Sat 20th - 3 laps of the hilly forest trail. Superb morning, cold, crisp, sunny, still and glorious! Noone around, only thing I could hear was nature.
    Managed the 5 in 38:32, 7:43 average.

Haven't enjoyed a run as much in a long time

OK, I know I'm posting on Christmas Day - but we had our Christmas yesterday in Denmark so I have an excuse.

7 miles yesterday out to my Grandparents house for Christmas lunch. Another glorious day, perfect running conditions.
    Everything kinda kicked into place, runners, weather, wind etc. so ended up running the 7.1 miles @ 7.25 pace. Ran more on the roads this time (as opposed to the 22nd) and the wind wasn't a factor at all. 7.20-ish pace is starting to feel more and more 'normal', which is pretty encouraging. And finished with a kick, was a good bit under 7:00 for the last .5 mile.

Happy Christmas to one and all :D

Last run before I'm heading home to Dublin.

Same 3 laps arond the forest, 5 miles, 1st one a warm up with my Dad and 2nd too faster solo. No watch on (Garmin almost dead after this weeks activities), but I felt prety good.

Another gorgeous morning, colder but totally still and the scenery was covered white by Jack Frost.

Back to the noise and pollution today, hope you're all getting over your Christmas feasts!

• Advertisement

5 miles around the Raheny 5 course. nice morning, pushed myself from the off and got around in just under 36 mins, 35:56. Average 7:13 or so. Happy enough, away for a few days before the exams start on the 5th Jan, running will be sparse at best...

Happy New Years to all :D

Was down in Spanish Point, Clare for a few days over the New Years. Excessive in every way so runs fell into the "prophylactic" category.

A short spin around the Beach with herself, no more than 3 miles, she wasn't feeling too hot throughout :D

5 miles from Spanish Point to Miltown Malbay and back. We needed to pick up some extra supplies for the evenings activities, so lumped a run in to kill 2 birds with one stone.

Decent enough pace, was running with my buddy who is also on the football team too. Felt the better afterwards but I wasn't in great shape during the run :-)

Exams all next week, so I'll be embarking on a few runs to break the monotony of study and get away from the books :rolleyes:

Fri 2nd: 1.5 miles purely loosen up as I was getting bored in the house studying

Sunday, 1st Rovers session of the year, combined with 3.5 miles (up and back from training). Crap session, only 6 of us there. You have to start somewhere I suppose. 1st exam tomorrow morning, think I'll run home from the exam hall (5.5 miles) if all goes according to plan...

Nearly 5 miler home from town after the exam this morning.

Tired, heavy bag, cold, coming on...these are my excuses to say I was slow!
    Still, it's miles in the legs. Also think I've put some weight on over the hols, a serious sit up / push up plan will be in place when I get back from my trip. Spoeaking of which, off in 6 days, this day next week I'll be heading for the Great Wall of China :D

A tougher-than-it shoulda-been 5.5 miler through St Anne's Park, down the Causeway, along Dollymount beach via a few dunes and back up via the Wooden bridge.
    Cold but nice to get out.

2 exams down, 2 to go....then it's goodbye DBS - FOREVER!

5.7 miles @ 7.38. Started strong but fell off bad enough. Had a buddy following me on the bike so seemed a lot quicker than it was, nice to chat on the way around though.

Last run before the big trip to Beijing and then to St Petersburg on the Trans Mongolian Express, BRING IT ON!!!

Hope you all have a great few weeks and that you all hit your goals in the Raheny 5

Back late last night from the trip - tough but rewarding 3 weeks. 8,515 km by train over 6 full days (not all in 1 go mind).

4 easy miles with the OH this morning to ease back into things. To and from her place and around Bushy Park a couple of times - it was chilly but after experiencing -26 degrees in Irkutsk and a dip in -13 degree waters (Russian Holy Day and all the locals were doing it...) gives you no excuse to complain. Although after 3 weeks in the ice and snow - to hear it'll be snowing here tomorrow is quite ironic! Looking forward to getting serious now, I have a 9 miler lined up before I start the new job tomorrow morning...

9.3miles this morning. Up at 0730 and out the door, no food in the belly. Found it really tough, into the wind most of the way (point to point route). The feeling of getting lashed with snow coming through Clontarf on the seafront was unpleasant to say the least. Pace was no more than about 8:45, the Garmin is acting up so can't see the stats right now.

But good to get the miles in the legs and hopefully continue with a good training week tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Back training with the Raheny Rovers, indoor thankfully! Easy enough sesh considering we normally do a 2.7 miler which tends to take the edge off us in the beginning. Nice to get back with some football though, some sprints and then a match - scored a few crackers which helps! Calves are very sore from yesterday, I'll try to manage a 5 miler tomorrow morn but we'll see, I might just stay in my warm room and do some sit-ups instead...

Advertisement