Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping in Northern Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Nomad81

Which shops do €1/£1????

Any of them sell any console games? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

Actually anyone buy lego up north..When i was in The Outlet kids shop didnt sell lego.Is there a toy shop near the sainsburys in newry???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭milly4ever

Actually anyone buy lego up north..When i was in The Outlet kids shop didnt sell lego.Is there a toy shop near the sainsburys in newry???
    http://www.smythstoys.com/Store_Locator.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

milly4ever wrote: »
    does anyone know if there's an asda in armagh? google maps says 1 1/2 hrs from dublin. i heard there was one but asda.com doesn't list one in armagh.
    (i don't do sainsbury's :p)

Nope- only Sainsburys and a few small supermarkets (family owned) of which EMERSONS is probably the best for value and is just beside sainsburys...but on a BIG PLUS, Armagh has not got near as much traffic problems compared to Enniskillen or Newry.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

TarfHead wrote: »
    I assume Bond-007 meant Lisburn Sprucefield.

The ASDA in Lisburn town has a postcode of BT28 1RD; TESCO BT28 2GB. Lisburn town is a couple of miles beyond Sprucefield, when travelling north.

Why is there no ASDA Lisburn on their website in the stores list? Also, the postcode BT28 1RD does not register in a multimap.com search. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

There's a toy store (called Toyztore iirc) in the car park for the Quays - pretty much right across the car park from Sainsbury's. And what's more they're one of the places doing pound to euro straight conversion. Bought some lego there yesterday but a small enough set - 20 quids worth. Didn't have a huge selection and there was a few gaps on their shelves - prob from stuff cleared out over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

15X440 ml Stella Artois in SAINSBURYS for £6.99:D:D:D

TV3 Now. Shopping in the North.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

kleefarr wrote: »
    TV3 Now. Shopping in the North.

Thank you Sir!!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The Tanáiste was on giving out about us shopping in NI.

• Advertisement

Bond-007 wrote: »

Saw that. Felt very sorry for her. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭k123456

Interesting about the tanaiste giving out about shopping in North, according to a previous tanaiste (Mary Harney) the consumer should shop around to avoid high prices, well I've taken her advice to shop around and now do so in North !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

kleefarr wrote: »
    Saw that. Felt very sorry for her. :P

It's OK, she'll get over it when she heads up there and finds the cheap Baileys.

muincav wrote: »
    15X440 ml Stella Artois in SAINSBURYS for £6.99:D:D:D

Spotted that. Ear marked for pick up. :)

I worked out, that you get about nine cans free compared to the price down here.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭ozypozy

I'll be thinking of her when I'm driving to Newry on Saturday...........!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,922 ✭✭✭✭muffler

does anyone know if there's an asda in armagh? google maps says 1 1/2 hrs from dublin. i heard there was one but asda.com doesn't list one in armagh.
    None in Omagh but when you are that far its only another 20 miles to Strabane where you will find Asda.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

muffler wrote: »
    None in Omagh but when you are that far its only another 20 miles to Strabane where you will find Asda.
    FAIL.:D
    There is an ASDA in Omagh but none in Armagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭jos28

We were talking about that in work today. There is such an easy solution.. I think that the Tanaiste should announce that all duties and taxes will be removed from alcohol for the month of December. It would
    • Stop everyone border hopping
    • Get the tills ringing down here and keep the shopkeepers happy
    • It would undo a lot of the damage done during the budget- good PR move
    • Best of all it would put everyone in good form and end talk of recession

Think she'd go for it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭kaiser soza

Even if they do it will still be cheaper up the North, I am going up to buy my shopping on Saturday,what is the best time to get to Newry before the crowds.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭FunkyDa

There are branches of Asda in co. Down. We went to the one in Downpatrick, a few weeks ago. Downpatrick is 25miles from Newry(an hour's drive).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

FunkyDa wrote: »
    There are branches of Asda in co. Down. We went to the one in Downpatrick, a few weeks ago. Downpatrick is 25miles from Newry(an hour's drive).
    That is a terrible road also.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,922 ✭✭✭✭muffler

smashey wrote: »
    FAIL.:D
    There is an ASDA in Omagh but none in Armagh.
    F**k it. When did that open?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

Even if they do it will still be cheaper up the North, I am going up to buy my shopping on Saturday,what is the best time to get to Newry before the crowds.

Best time to avoid crowds == when the stores are all shut :D

Seriously though from reports here it's crazy at the weekend. I'd suggest being there for 8 or 9 am.

Are any of the supermarkets in ni open 24 hours ? Sounds like it could be worth their while to do so

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

As early as you can make it. There are up to 7km tailbacks on the Dundalk --> Newry road at the weekend now, from 10am onwards its a nightmare and the VAT reduction in the UK will just make it worse. If you can't get there early, its probably best to leave it til 2 or 3 o clock. Just my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭milly4ever

zing wrote: »
    Best time to avoid crowds == when the stores are all shut :D

Seriously though from reports here it's crazy at the weekend. I'd suggest being there for 8 or 9 am.

Are any of the supermarkets in ni open 24 hours ? Sounds like it could be worth their while to do so

Sainsbury's forestside, Asda Westwood and Enniskillen, not sure about others. Left dublin the other week at 7am, was in asda westwood before 9, shelves fully stacked, great time to shop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭felinefeelins

heading to enniskillen after dec 1st, doing a "shop" but also looking for a b&q, homebase or something similar

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

muffler wrote: »
    F**k it. When did that open?
    The same time that ASDA bought Safeway/Morrissons who had a store there. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

That is a terrible road also.

Agreed - the road from Newry to Downpatrick is very nasty. Travelled from Lucan to the Bishopscourt circuit outside Downpatrick a few weeks ago - took almost as long to travel from Newry to Downpatrick as it did Lucan to Newry on the motorway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭oconn

thks for reply's ...will be making a trip for sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Milly82

Going up to Newry tomorrow - can't wait. Does anyone know if any shops are doing pound for euro at the mo?

Thanks.

Advertisement