Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Detox: Dre Day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,076 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

He's had two class albums, I think he's within his right to hold back if he wants.

It is frustrating for fans and, at this stage, I'm not holding my breath for it to come out. When it comes out, I'll be happy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Such an average rapper, he hasn't written his own rhymes in 25 years and as a producer he is as lazy as sin, the best beat on his last album is all storch.

Detox will be ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

Wow Dre making dance music, can't wait

Dancy Dre :D

Dying to hear this!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Second half of 2010
    Seaneh wrote:
    Such an average rapper, he hasn't written his own rhymes in 25 years and as a producer he is as lazy as sin, the best beat on his last album is all storch.

Dre's problem is that he's a perfectionist and seriously critical of his own work. I guess you'll be happy to hear that Scott Storch was in LA last week working on Detox.

Seaneh wrote:
    Detox will be ****e.

No it won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Klim

Dre has admitted the name of a track he's done with Jay-Z is called 'Under Pressure' from Detox.

Apparently this is a snippet of it

Coming soon (T.M.) I guess................

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Under Pressure to be released within the next 2 weeks and Detox has been confirmed for this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

EDIT - just seen this mentioned on a different thread so delete if unnecessary

Apparently the single will be called "Under Pressure" and feature Jay-Z. I do hope this is true...

From Rolling Stone:

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2010/04/06/dr-dre-proclaims-long-delayed-detox-is-arriving-in-2010/

After a long series of delays, Dr. Dre’s comeback album Detox is “definitely” arriving in 2010, the producer told CNBC during another round of promotion for his Beats By Dre headphones. As Rolling Stone reported yesterday, Dr. Dre and Interscope exec Jimmy Iovine revealed that Dre’s new single “Under Pressure” with Jay-Z will be coming soon. “Hopefully, we’ll be releasing in the next two weeks or so, and I’m definitely gonna be putting the album out this year, finally. I think everyone is gonna be happy with it,” Dre told CNBC (via Nah Right). “I’m just trying to finish this record, finally get it done, get it out and start promoting it.”

Dr. Dre has been tinkering with Detox for the better part of the last decade, earning the album a reputation as hip-hop’s Chinese Democracy. In June 2008, Dre’s protégé Snoop Dogg revealed Dre had finished work on Detox, and the album was slated for a winter 2008 release. Still, Detox never came, nor did it arrive during Aftermath’s promised one-two punch of Detox and Eminem’s Relapse (Slim Shady delivered on his part of the deal, however). Early 2009 brought a pair of leaked songs reportedly destined for Detox. If the rumors are true, seemingly every single major rapper — Snoop, Eminem, T.I., Jay-Z, Lil Wayne, Ice Cube, Nas, even newcomer Drake — will appear on Dre’s comeback album.

Dre’s proclamation that “Under Pressure” will be released in the “next two weeks or so” is sparking rumors that Jay-Z may debut the track live during his headlining set at the Coachella festival in Indio, California on April 16th. The fest is a short drive from Dre’s native Los Angeles, so it’s plausible the Doctor will head out to the desert for a surprise appearance. We’ll find out a week from this Friday when Rolling Stone heads to Coachella for a full report.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Under Pressure to be released within the next 2 weeks and Detox has been confirmed for this year.
    It appears so, looking forward to it.

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2010/04/06/dr-dre-proclaims-long-delayed-detox-is-arriving-in-2010/
    If the rumors are true, seemingly every single major rapper — Snoop, Eminem, T.I., Jay-Z, Lil Wayne, Ice Cube, Nas, even newcomer Drake — will appear on Dre’s comeback album.

I hope Lil Wayne and Drake are not on it but it might work out, who knows.

Second half of 2010
    This news made my day. I actually can't wait for this and I can't wait for Dre to prove all the doubters/haters (Seaneh) wrong. This will be the best hip-hop album in years.
    Jigga wrote: »
    I hope Lil Wayne and Drake are not on it but it might work out, who knows.

Drake has apparently written a couple of tracks for Detox and with all the hype he's getting at the moment it makes sense to have him on the album (and probably a single).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Absolutely delighted. This is going to be the best album out in years. Thou I havn't heard any major breakthrough in his production.

• Advertisement

Second half of 2010
    Here's the interview with Dre and Jimmy for those that haven't seen it.

http://www.aftermathmusic.com/blog/?p=1520

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

Can't wait for this! Wow thought it would never land! I bet he's just sick of working on it at this stage and wants to put it out :P

Dre & Drake...hmmm has a nice ring to it! :D

Depending on the lead single/promo could this smash Lil' Waynes Carter 3 and easily do million in first week...

edit: ahhh sweet I could be right after all guessing 2nd half 2010

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

wel it looks like gangsta rap is offically dead .. if this is a dance kind of song with a dj rankin kind of stupid beat that a lot of uk hip hop artists are doing i give up and from what im hearing its gona be pop so you have been warned.

but on a brighter note its about time and please keep drake and that mumbling crack head lil wayne of detox!!

im hoping theres a real westcoast vibe to the album thats very very long overdue

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Absolutely delighted. This is going to be the best album out in years. Thou I havn't heard any major breakthrough in his production.

a big bold statement to make :)

I really hope it is great but i'm a bit worried that it's not gonna be good. This is purely based on his production in recent times, it has been well below par.

Second half of 2010
    wel it looks like gangsta rap is offically dead .. if this is a dance kind of song with a dj rankin kind of stupid beat that a lot of uk hip hop artists are doing i give up and from what im hearing its gona be pop so you have been warned.
    WTF are you talking about?? What have you heard? The 10 second snippet?
    on a brighter note its about time and please keep drake and that mumbling crack head lil wayne of detox!!

Not much of a brighter note since you're still bitching :confused: Who do you want to see on it?

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    WTF are you talking about?? What have you heard? The 10 second snippet?

Not much of a brighter note since you're still bitching :confused: Who do you want to see on it?

here we go again the game i mean prettyboy:D is on my back , do you follow me around on the hip hop thread and look to argue with me?

is this an offical snippet? if so my bad as i said from what iv been hearing, mainly on blogs etc!!!!!!!!!!! do you honestly have problems reading pretty? because you seem to glance at a comment and jump the gun. Another fine example of this was when i was pretty sure eminem was going to be at oxygen as i heard from a good source last summer and i said this 2 weeks before the lineup was made which you jumped on like a kangaroo without reading the post:confused:

WTF am i talking about? honestly i dont know where to start with you!

id like too see a whole lot of artists but mainly keep it west coast the likes of snoop, ice cube and game maybe with some up and coming west coast rappers such as jay rock and nipsey but that probaly wont happen. i just dont like wayne or drake or in fact any of young money and in my opinion would ruin detox.

Second half of 2010
    here we go again the game i mean prettyboy:D is on my back , do you follow me around on the hip hop thread and look to argue with me?
    No mate. I posted in this thread months ago and you posted in it yesterday. What does this have to do with The-Game? I'm PrettyBoy. The-Game hasn't posted since page one :pac:
    is this an offical snippet? if so my bad as i said from what iv been hearing, mainly on blogs etc!
    I don't know, is it? You're bitching about Dre moving towards grime or UK dance or something? What have you heard that we haven't?
    do you honestly have problems reading pretty? because you seem to glance at a comment and jump the gun. Another fine example of this was when i was pretty sure eminem was going to be at oxygen as i heard from a good source last summer and i said this 2 weeks before the lineup was made which you jumped on like a kangaroo without reading the post WTF am i talking about? honestly i dont know where to start with you!
    Honestly can't make head or tail of this.
    id like too see a whole lot of artists but mainly keep it west coast the likes of snoop, ice cube and game maybe with some up and coming west coast rappers such as jay rock and nipsey but that probaly wont happen. i just dont like wayne or drake or in fact any of young money and in my opinion would ruin detox.
    Ruin Detox? Do you think you know better than Dre?

No mate. I posted in this thread months ago and you posted in it yesterday. What does this have to do with The-Game? I'm PrettyBoy. The-Game hasn't posted since page one :pac:

I don't know, is it? You're bitching about Dre moving towards grime or UK dance or something? What have you heard that we haven't?

Honestly can't make head or tail of this.

Ruin Detox? Do you think you know better than Dre?

yes pretty that was a joke by reffering to you as the game as you seem to be a very big stan of his.

again pretty honestly read my comment properly before you post i said from what iv been hearing through blogs on various websites, thats groups of people talking about a topic i.e detox!, the uk hip hop was used as an example i.e dizze rascal rapping over a lot of dance tunes i.e holiday and bonkers.

you cant make heads or tails of it because you were wrong.

yes pretty im better than dre:rolleyes:.. you asked me who id like too see on detox so i told you and stated my opinion if wayne and drake were on it and as a fan who has bought dre's two previous albums and soon to buy detox aswell im entitled to my opinion as a fan who pays money!.

as a fan you are entitled to have whatever say you want on an album and who it features etc.

Second half of 2010
    i said from what iv been hearing through blogs on various websites, thats groups of people talking about a topic i.e detox!, the uk hip hop was used as an example i.e dizze rascal rapping over a lot of dance tunes i.e holiday and bonkers.
    Why are you using Dizzee Rascal as an example? Where did you hear that Dre was rapping over dance beats. Links??

BTW, it sounds like you're talking about a forum and not a blog.
    you cant make heads or tails of it because you were wrong.
    I think it's more to do with your extrememly weak grasp of the English language.
    yes pretty im better than dre:rolleyes:.. you asked me who id like too see on detox so i told you and stated my opinion if wayne and drake were on it and as a fan who has bought dre's two previous albums and soon to buy detox aswell im entitled to my opinion as a fan who pays money!.
    I never asked if were better than Dre, I asked if you think you know better. You said if Wanye or Drake were featured in any of the songs then the entire album would be ruined which is just a ridiculous thing to say. I'm not the biggest fan of Wayne or 50 (who are both likely to appear) but this is Dre's album, not theirs. Dre is constantly talking about how he wants to make Detox something all his fans will love, so if he's happy with them on the album then who am I to doubt his choice?

Lads, lets keep this on topic here and over on the R.E.D. album thread.

This is not a forum for personal attacks, if there are any problems with any posts, use the report option that is available.

• Advertisement

Why are you using Dizzee Rascal as an example? Where did you hear that Dre was rapping over dance beats. Links??

BTW, it sounds like you're talking about a forum and not a blog.

I think it's more to do with your extrememly weak grasp of the English language.

I never asked if were better than Dre, I asked if you think you know better. You said if Wanye or Drake were featured in any of the songs then the entire album would be ruined which is just a ridiculous thing to say. I'm not the biggest fan of Wayne or 50 (who are both likely to appear) but this is Dre's album, not theirs. Dre is constantly talking about how he wants to make Detox something all his fans will love, so if he's happy with them on the album then who am I to doubt his choice?

why am i using dizzee rascal as an example? why do birds fly pretty:rolleyes:
    do i really have to explain it was an example!!!!

a forum and a blog are a bit like potato, potahto i think your just arguing for the sake of arguing :D

my bad so you did:). who are you? your a fan so your entitled to your opinion as am I so dont pick people up on who'd they'd like too see and who not on the album for whatever reason, if i think wayne and drake would'nt fit into detox well thats my opinion.

Second half of 2010
    why am i using dizzee rascal as an example? why do birds fly pretty:rolleyes:
    do i really have to explain it was an example!!!!
    WTF? So if I say Dre is going to sound like Rod Stewart on Detox you'll just accept that and not ask why or how I know this?
    a forum and a blog are a bit like potato, potahto i think your just arguing for the sake of arguing
    No, you were just being smart when you attempted to explain what a blog is, even though you were completely wrong. A blog and a forum are not the same.

Anyways, enough of this pointless conversation. I'm literally checking the internet every hour or so to see if there's any updates on 'Under Pressure'. I really hope it's released tomorrow, but I'm trying not to get hopes up too high - after all, this is Detox we're talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Wow, this thread has derailed.

Second half of 2010
    Well, guess there was no truth to that rumour about 'Under Pressure' dropping on Friday. Here's hoping that we will hear it within the next two weeks.

Apparently, Detox is expected to drop in September/October.

THE WEST COAST / DETOX RUMORS

This is about to be nuts.

We’ve been waiting and now it looks like its coming true. DETOX!

The other day Ice Cube, The Game, Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg were all in the studio at the same time. They weren’t even recording a song – they were just VIBIN…chillin…this is good. Now, I am being told that this track COULD be for Game’s album on a song called “Strictly W.E.S.T.”

In fact, Cube talks all about this in his new blog. He also addresses the rumors about dissing Dre. He said he wasn’t, but made no mention of all the others that is seems like he's dissing. LOL! Cube’s a slickster!

Look for The RED Album in August, Cube’s album in July and Detox in September/October. Now, that is a three-punch combination.

WTF? So if I say Dre is going to sound like Rod Stewart on Detox you'll just accept that and not ask why or how I know this?

No, you were just being smart when you attempted to explain what a blog is, even though you were completely wrong. A blog and a forum are not the same.

Anyways, enough of this pointless conversation. I'm literally checking the internet every hour or so to see if there's any updates on 'Under Pressure'. I really hope it's released tomorrow, but I'm trying not to get hopes up too high - after all, this is Detox we're talking about.

rod stewart is he a hip hop artist lol .. big difference when someone uses an artist like dizzie as an example of how hip hop music is changing with all dance beats etc to someone who pops up with rod stewart:P

yep forget about it, still waiting on under pressure i reckon it will be next week it will be all over internet when offical date is released

i do recall that Rod Stewart had some affiliation to hip hop a few years back, but i dont remember the exact piece of trivia.

Anyway, Under Pressure slated to be released tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Jay Ru

At this rate it will be a posthumous release!
    i do recall that Rod Stewart had some affiliation to hip hop a few years back, but i dont remember the exact piece of trivia.

was Wyclef involved with Rods hip hop endeavors?

Second half of 2010

Where did you hear that? I can only hope! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Where did you hear this Boom_Bap? I haven't seen a sign of anything, not even a leak on youtube

• Advertisement

Second half of 2010
    Jigga wrote: »
    Where did you hear this Boom_Bap? I haven't seen a sign of anything, not even a leak on youtube

I think it will happen this weekend at Jay-Z's concert. Dre will come on, perform 'Under Pressure' and then the track will hit the net. I remember Jay came on stage during a Kanye concert and performed 'Jockin' Jay-Z' and, AFAIK, that was the first anyone heard it of it, it wasn't on the net or anything beforehand.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.11031/title.jay-z-rumored-to-bring-dr-dre-on-stage-at-coachella-festival

Advertisement