Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to go if zombies take over dublin/kildare

Options
  • 05-10-2008 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭

hey im jst wonderin if zombies rose in ireland where would be th e safest places in dublin/kildare??? any one got any ideas???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

I'd be heading straight to my job to get my rifle and some ammo :D

Then after that, I'd be stuck for ideas :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,380 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Your best option is to hide in your attic, if you have one of those attics with a pull up ladder then you'll be safe because (1)Zombies won't be able to climb, (2)They won't be able to catch you, (3)They may not know where you are, if they haven't already seen you, unless they have super smell and hearing and (4)It's pretty hard to get up there.

Although if you're like me who's attic is converted then hopefully your friend will have one

Other then that i can't think of any real safe place as everything is potentially a hazzard area

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Read Brook's Zombie Survival Guide, and go from there! You can't live in your attic forever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭shoelaceface

bury yourself alive and hold your breath

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 nunshaw

I honestly think your best option like above all else beyond any other reasoning I mean I would not listen to anyone else in regards to this matter because to be honest there is only 1 thing you could do in a situation like this because there really isn't anything else worthwhile doing we,ve all seen night of the living dead and if you havn't you are so missing out I mean what kind of a person has not seen night of the living dead?? Its a quality movie, so anyway the best and certainly the greatest thing to do in this type of a situation would be to........oh my dinners ready have to go sorry best of luck if it happens:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭shoelaceface

id dress up like a zombie and say rarrr...

why hide when theres a party going on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 nunshaw

Hey now that sounds like a GRReat idea :D ha ha ha GRR eat class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭gabigeist

dara95 wrote: »
    hey im jst wonderin if zombies rose in ireland where would be th e safest places in dublin/kildare??? any one got any ideas???

Its such a doozie of a question cos you automatically think of somewhere deserted like the wicklow mountains but then you remember that its precisely these deserted places that people bury rival gang members/strangled prostitutes etc. These would be some of the toughest Zombies going so its back to the drawing board.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

A MOAT!!!! Too many people underestimate the power of the moat!!

and trip wires. they'd fvck zombies up!

Keep your attic as a last resort

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭dara95

gabigeist wrote: »
    Its such a doozie of a question cos you automatically think of somewhere deserted like the wicklow mountains but then you remember that its precisely these deserted places that people bury rival gang members/strangled prostitutes etc. These would be some of the toughest Zombies going so its back to the drawing board.

yep uve got a good point!!!! would the zombies still be prostitutes???lol

nah im only messing!!! e

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭dara95

these are all good points but i think the attic is a pretty bad idea (1) if u run out of food you will starve (2) were the hell are u supposed to ****!!!

ahh the moat u cant beat that unless the zombies can swim than your ****ed!!!

the wicklow mountains now i foresee a problem!!!!

i tihnk the best places would have to be (1)rural and in ireland thats not hard to find (2) as far away from a graveyard as possible!!! (3)near food suplies probably a farm!!!!

anyone see any flaws with these places???

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Read Brook's Zombie Survival Guide, and go from there! You can't live in your attic forever!

You may not be able to hide there forever but you can use it to sleep at nights while you go scavenging during the day. Atleast you'll have a place to sleep and rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Phenoix park for the following reasons.

The gates can be closed.
    Garda armed response unit is there and the edviecne lockers with guns and ammo.
    Hospital for supplies.
    Ordance survey for the maps of the rest of the country.
    Wood for fuel,
    Deer for food.
    River for water.
    Stand alone building complexes which can be taken and secured one by one,
    Including the Aras and the american ambassadors res.
    Both of which with the garda head office have their own fuel dump.
    The rail line under the park and it's tunnels can be accesses and put to use as well.
    So you are looking at a good sized area to work from which can be easily secured,
    where guns and ammo can be got and if needs be forays out into the city to get supplies can be done and the area can be easily farmed and the gas network tapped into via the lights when the electric stops working.

I just need enough people to police with reguar patrols and very very very strict enforcement of my rules :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Rail line under the pheonix park? :eek: Where does it go?where did it go?
    Thaedydal wrote: »

The gates can be closed.
    Hospital for supplies.
    Wood for fuel,
    Deer for food.
    River for water.
    The rail line under the park and it's tunnels can be accesses and put to use as well.
    So you are looking at a good sized area to work from which can be easily secured,
    where guns and ammo can be got and if needs be forays out into the city to get supplies can be done and the area can be easily farmed and the gas network tapped into via the lights when the electric stops working.

I just need enough people to police with reguar patrols and very very very strict enforcement of my rules :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Goods connector to the Connolly line and heuston line, currently still in use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

dara95 wrote: »

carlow, Theres NOBODY THERE ! :D

Caps are needed as there was a massive hurricane there last week... te hole country destoryed... 10 people affected.... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

S.I.R wrote: »

Caps are needed as there was a massive hurricane there last week... te hole country destoryed... 10 people affected.... :D

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Would the Curragh not be your best bet?

Food ammo and massive security, around the armoury anyway. Away from amjor cities oh and Mowags for field trips for supplies :)
    Been in there a couple of times, no zombies getting in there I tells ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭IR240474

How long to Zombies live for? The Attic sounds good, if you have ample security, like Eircom phone watch, stay in the attic and if the zombies break in, just wait for the phone call from phone watch and then don't answer it. Don't answer the phone call and then the police will be called to visit your house.

When the zombies come, I will learn the language of the Zombie, become the leader and take over the country with my zombie army. Anyone who comes at me will be eaten. Friends will be saved and have their enemy's eaten instead.

Then I will put the zombies to work, work for flesh policy. They will become the new civil servants, as the old ones will take a pound of flesh from ya anyway. They will clean the streets and clean up the country.

With me as the leader........

I had fun thinking of that for a few minutes.... Back to work!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭gabigeist

Count me in. I can mount zombie-stamping sorties from the zoo if anyone has an elephant saddle? I haven't ridden an elephant into battle before (outside of computer games) but I think there's a nursing home in the park we could practice on first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

The mint in Sandyford. No contest. Big walls. Secure as fook. Also heard a rumour there is a machine gun turret on the roof (this could be a lie).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,953 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Food ammo and massive security, around the armoury anyway. Away from amjor cities oh and Mowags for field trips for supplies :)

You wont be getting in either!:eek: The biggest military base in the 26,isnt going to be very open to visitors within I reckon 12 hours of an outbreak here in Ireland.Unless of course it happens in the Curragh first!:eek::eek:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Michael-O'Neill

theres only one sensible answer to this. SEXXXY JELIES!¬!!!!!!!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I'd probably head to atari jaguar myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

If they want to be proper hard skanger zombies they could head to Mayo like every other zombie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

MikeHoncho wrote: »
    The mint in Sandyford. No contest. Big walls. Secure as fook. Also heard a rumour there is a machine gun turret on the roof (this could be a lie).

The turret thing is a definite lie.

Nah the Curragh's a nice idea but it won't stop the zombies getting in, if the scumbags can get in, so can zombies. Half the zombies will proberly be former scumbags
    gabigeist wrote: »
    Count me in. I can mount zombie-stamping sorties from the zoo if anyone has an elephant saddle? I haven't ridden an elephant into battle before (outside of computer games) but I think there's a nursing home in the park we could practice on first.

I like Rome: Total War too:D
    Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    You wont be getting in either!:eek: The biggest military base in the 26,isnt going to be very open to visitors within I reckon 12 hours of an outbreak here in Ireland.Unless of course it happens in the Curragh first!:eek::eek:

Chances are it will, the water there is not drinkable, i wonder if it might be infected:(

Rail line under the pheonix park? :eek: Where does it go?where did it go?

Goes under at Heuston and comes out in cabra.

S.I.R wrote: »

Carlow is already full of Zombies though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭matrim

The gates can be closed.
    Hospital for supplies.
    Wood for fuel,
    Deer for food.
    River for water.

Don't forget the zoo as a source of food too ;). The only question is can monkeys turn into zombies too?

Advertisement