Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Metal" at the O2 Point

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Homer Sexual

I like Aiken Promotions. Aiken Promotions are one of the best. As far as promoters go, I think Aiken Promotions are pretty good. Aiken Aiken Aiken Aiken Aiken....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Rockee wrote: »
    Just like Maiden, proper old school songs about steel, wings, dragons etc. Should be a jolly good gig!

By the way, if you thought 'Painkiller' was bad...'Freewhel Burnin' is even, well...better! :D

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=_yq7Bs-eJIY

Freewheel burning, one of my favourite guitar solos, absolute quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Would this sell out soon do you think? I need to listen to more Testament before I make any snap decisions about buying a ticket.. but damn it sounds like a good gig.

If this sells out I'll give you my eyeballs

Throw in the other set and we've got a deal.

• Advertisement

I don't think that's the best deal for myself to be fair. But really, I'd be shocked if it sold out at all.

I can offer a lamp shade? Or any one condiment of your choice.
    That's good news for me, though the more the merrier. I hope they get a good crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

I do hope they sell a shedloads of tickets, obviously enough, but it'd be encouraging for them to do something like this more often :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Sandor wrote: »
    Would this sell out soon do you think? I need to listen to more Testament before I make any snap decisions about buying a ticket.. but damn it sounds like a good gig.

Are Judas Priest and Megadeth not a hard enough sell??

Megadeth, yes. Priest, em, not so much. I'm not that big a fan which means Testament are going to swing this for me.

• Advertisement

Sandor wrote: »
    Megadeth, yes. Priest, em, not so much. I'm not that big a fan which means Testament are going to swing this for me.

Karl Hungus(Mod) is basically an A-Z on metal so he'll fill you in no doubt on Testament!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭DenMan

Man is a walking encyclopaedia on metal thats for sure. They are a Thrash metal band from California. Back with a vengeance now and with Chuck Billy back to his very best and having survived cancer it promises to be an awesome gig. One I am looking forward to thats for sure.

DenMan wrote: »
    and with Chuck Billy back to his very best and having survived cancer

:) That alone is great to hear. I applaud anyone who comes out the better side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Anyone looking to see what Testament is all about, pick up The New Order, it can be got for peanuts these days, one of the finest Thrash albums ever written.

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Wrap your ears around these two crackers from 'Angel of Retribution'

Fantastic!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

Long live the Priest! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭niallith

cant wait for this gig love megadeth and testament, seen megadeth wen they were in mbassador and were great and hav seen testament in germany who weve even better!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

I'll be going to this gig for Megadeth :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭DenMan

This is brilliant. Maybe we can all have a few beers and "get to know you" before the gig. We are all deffo up for seeing this gig. :)

• Advertisement

DenMan wrote: »
    This is brilliant. Maybe we can all have a few beers and "get to know you" before the gig. We are all deffo up for seeing this gig. :)

That mightn't be a bad idea at all at all. :pac:

That mightn't be a bad idea at all at all. :pac:

Count Rockee in. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

I like Aiken Promotions. Aiken Promotions are one of the best. As far as promoters go, I think Aiken Promotions are pretty good. Aiken Aiken Aiken Aiken Aiken....

what other promoters are there??;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Really looking forward to this gig..

I've seen all 3 bands a good few times and I think Testament will be the band of the night, so anyone thats planning on arriving late, don't or you'll really regret it. Megadeth are usually pretty solid live, so shouldn't disappoint, but Priest, much as I love them, haven't been great any time I've seen them live.

That said, I've never seen them indoors before, so I'm hoping this time they'll be good live.

Overall a brilliant line-up - can't wait. Contemplating flying over to either the Birmingham or London gig too..

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭trey99

AlanOB wrote: »
    That's a great line-up. Surely the best metal line-up in Ireland in years no?

Hopefully Priest won't do much from Nostradamus!

i agree but i would love to see iron maiden play here again but in the 02. it would be great if maiden a priest were going to do it together. cause there around about the same time as each other and it would be the old school metal tour of a lifetime. but megadeth and testament there not very big here but they are amazing bands its just will preist be able to fill the 02 with 13 thousand screaming maniacs?

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Demeyes

This should be some gig. I think it's the best metal lineup we've had here in Ireland in the last 5 years anyway. 3 really great bands all playing together. It's all too common to ditch the good support on a tour when bigger bands come over here.
    I'm looking forward to Megadeth, I've seen the other 2 before and enjoyed them but I've never seen Megadeth so that's a plus for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

if this is an aiken promotion.... Ahhh i love freebies. !!!

hate paying the usual cost for tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 kilboy

I met Testament in Vancouver and demanded they come to Ireland! When does that ever work!? I'm the happiest man alive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

If I can see Judas Priest live, I can die happy. I guess the other bands might be decent too.

*signs up*

• Advertisement

I saw an ad for this last night on TV3.

I really need to get listening to nostradamus, I still haven't even played the second cd yet.

Advertisement