Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Metal" at the O2 Point

Options
  • 02-10-2008 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭

The frankly ridiculous (imo) Judas Priest will be at the O2 on February 10th, supported by Megadeth & Testament. Tix are €45 standing & €52 to stand in front of a seat!

Doesn't interest me personally, but I'm sure they have some fans out there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

There's already a thread about this in the gigs and events forum, unless of course the entire point of this thread was to let everybody know that you think JP are 'ridiculous' :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

There's already a thread about this in the gigs and events forum, unless of course the entire point of this thread was to let everybody know that you think JP are 'ridiculous' :rolleyes:

Actually, it wasn't. It was to inform people who, unlike me, might be interested in going. I didn't see the gigs & events thread.
    Mods can delete this one if they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

i'll go to this for megadeth and testament:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭millington

I would kill to see Megadeth & Testament but the chances are that I'll have exams that day and the day after.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I'd go for all three! And Judas Priest are awesome. You Got another Thing Comin is the most rockin tune ever!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

My mouth is watering at that line up. I'll be there:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

My mouth is watering at that line up. I'll be there:D:D:D

My mouth is watering at the fact that a gig in that venue can in fact be discussed on boards without fear of banning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AlanOB

That's a great line-up. Surely the best metal line-up in Ireland in years no?

Hopefully Priest won't do much from Nostradamus!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,522 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

AlanOB wrote: »
    That's a great line-up. Surely the best metal line-up in Ireland in years no?

Hopefully Priest won't do much from Nostradamus!
    I honestly can't think of any one-off gigs that beat this lineup.

P.S. Nostradamus is a decent album IMO, got a real Seventh Son vibe to it, but I can't think but imagine that any tracks from it would be poor live

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Fúcking YES!!!

Going for Judas Priest & Testament, and also for Megadeth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 krimson765

judas priest oh god!

just watched a video of painkiller...oh christ they are terrible.
    don't get it..i really dont..Enjoy the gig!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y_x_ikEoII

megadeth must headline!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

krimson765 wrote: »
    judas priest oh god!

Nope running order is Testament, Megadeth and then Priest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

Would love to see the priest!

judas priest oh god!

Come on man, you watched one video and made up you're mind they are terrible?

dude ive seen many!!!i just find that song particularly funny!and heard many before..!!seriously i think megadeth have done alot more for metal than they ever have or will..fair dues i know everyone is entitled to their opinion..and they certainly are popular.they are just dodgy in my opinion..not a fan of halfords screeching..cheesy metal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

seriously i think megadeth have done alot more for metal than they ever have or will

LOL

Yes, I like Megadeth too.

I think Judas Priest have a sense of 'fun' about them that's matched by few.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

What I do like about the title of this thread is that the word metal is in quote marks. As if to say 'yeah, I'm saying metal, but you know I don't think they're really metal coz I don't really listen to them as Megadeth = Sh!ttier Metallica and Judas Priest = One song - Painkiller and Testament....eh.....yeah'.

I agree.....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Actaully if you go back in the Priest catalogue they had some great albums - especially in the 70s.
    Stained Class
    Sin after sin
    Unleashed in the East
    Sad wings of destiny
    Screaming for vengeance
    Painkiller itself is a good album too. They did release some awful tripe in the mid 80s - Turbo and Ram it down and alot of British steel was ****e.
    Their videos were always rubbish though. They were a major force in Metal's early years and paved the way and influenced such bands as Slayer (check out their version of Dissident Agressor). They played faster and harder than most of their contemporaries.
    Check out songs like The Ripper, Before the dawn, Victim of Changes, The Sentinel, Green Manalishi, Diamonds and rust, Between the hammer and the Anvil for proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

buck65 wrote: »
    Actaully if you go back in the Priest catalogue they had some great albums - especially in the 70s.
    Stained Class
    Sin after sin
    Unleashed in the East
    Sad wings of destiny
    Screaming for vengeance
    Painkiller itself is a good album too. They did release some awful tripe in the mid 80s - Turbo and Ram it down and alot of British steel was ****e.
    Their videos were always rubbish though. They were a major force in Metal's early years and paved the way and influenced such bands as Slayer (check out their version of Dissident Agressor). They played faster and harder than most of their contemporaries.
    Check out songs like The Ripper, Before the dawn, Victim of Changes, The Sentinel, Green Manalishi, Diamonds and rust, Between the hammer and the Anvil for proof.

Defenders of the faith really should be on that list too.. It is an incredibly solid album

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Buying my tickets ASAP, Best lineup for years, ive missed megadeth 5 times now(i had tickets twice) and priest and testament too, how could this go wrong. Wonder what the sound is gonna be like in the 02, must be a hell of a lot better than it was back in the days of the point.

Its so refreshingly weird to be able to talk about gigs again. The whole blockage of conversation about (inset promoter here) feels a bit like china and them blocking tennamin square from the net.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,968 ✭✭✭DenMan

judas priest oh god!

Don't diss Priest after one vid dude, the fu**ing rule. Megadeth and Testament on the bill aswell, I will definitely be up for this. Nice one OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

seriously i think megadeth have done alot more for metal than they ever have or will.
    LOL

Yes, I fell around the place laughing too. :D krimson, a career in comedy beckons.

blastman wrote: »
    Yes, I fell around the place laughing too. :D krimson, a career in comedy beckons.

yes it actually might blastman..
    :O my cover has been blown...ah shucks...and there was me thinking megadeth were the greatest band of all times....Megadeth are the kings of metal they beat metallica in a football five aside last year at donington.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DWoJBHibhM

Megadeth are now giving classes in how to be a good metal band at various festivals in europe.

'mustaine talks to god everyday...HES A GOOD GUY!' a force for good in a world of evil

wahhhhaaaya mean...i dont pay my bills....'
    dave mustaine the greatest lyricist of all time?perhaps....
    'wwwhhhhaasya mean i can't write lyrics...i dont have any pens arrrooound'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Are we allowed to discuss this gig?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

deff going!!
    was huge into priest and megadeath when i was younger, never thought id get the chance to see priest live! let the cheese roll into the point!!
    BREAKING THE LAW BREAKING THE LAW !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Just got my ticket! :cool: I fukn LOVE Megadeth... I missed them last summer in Ambassador :(:(. I reckon this experience won't be as good as what I missed out on, but I'm still really excited about it!!

Are we allowed to discuss this gig?
    No,that would be in contravention of the Geneva convention article 22B

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

No,that would be in contravention of the Geneva convention article 22B

Hahah, smart ass.

It's Aiken promotions.. it's grand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

judas priest oh god!

Just like Maiden, proper old school songs about steel, wings, dragons etc. Should be a jolly good gig!

By the way, if you thought 'Painkiller' was bad...'Freewhel Burnin' is even, well...better! :D

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=_yq7Bs-eJIY

Advertisement