Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons vs Family Guy vs South Park vs Futurama

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭FreeFallin

Family Guy, the sheer amount of obvious and underlying humour in that show is incredible!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Futurama, the only character I really enjoyed was Zapp Branigan
    and Bender too for me :) Gotta pity Kif too lol

South Park probably wins it for me also, just brilliant after so many enjoyable seasons and going strong still:D

I would put Family Guy a close second, due to the fact i love it too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭busted flush

omg, south park .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭population

I think south park really got it's house in order the last 4 years or so. It had drifted very badly off course for a bit. Randy Marsh is becoming their new (old) classic comedy character.

American Dad is genius. Some of the writing puts Family Guy to shame. I really enjoy Family Guy but I think when SP de-constructed the whole ethos of the format of the show it suffered.

New Simpsons is a bit like Billy Connolly live now. You used to love it but when you watch it now you are embarassed for both of you.

Futurama stayed consistently brilliant throughout, but those two movies, dear oh dear.........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭population

Oh and King of the Hill is OK, I miss Beavis and Butthead though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Pretty tough to decide.

Simpsons in it's prime is untouchable. Pick up a few of the seasons on DVD and prepare to laugh start to finish through some episodes.

Southpark has gone the opposite way IMO The old episodes are just out for shock value and are as unwatchable as the new Simpsons' stuff. However right now there isn't anything funnier. The bizarre storylines they manage to give some reason too are fantastic (easter bunny episode etc.)

Futurama is different. It's the Fawlty towers of adult cartoons. It has fewer episodes and therefore hides any shallowness well. It also has some fantastic episodes, Slurm, The original Zapp episode, the insane asylum and the dog episode. That one stands out followed closely by the clover episode as the two cartoons that would make a less hard man shed a tear ;) It also had Bender who was well bender :D

Family Guy. Hmm this one is tough. I got into it before it became a big craze and fell in love with it. It's harder for me to admit it's gone off the boil than the simpsons was as it was just great and I got it straight away. The first 2 and possibly 3 seasons are still comedy gold. But it's tough to pick stand out episodes which I guess is the fault of it's random style. It also stands as proof that enough pressure can make a network realise they made a financial mistake :D

American Dad is very up and down. It started very slow but I'd rate it as above Family Guy at the minute. Stan and Roger are fantastic characters.

Notable mention to Aqua Teen Hunger force which I think is hilarious and has one of the greatest characters in Master Shake. The episodes are short but definitely check out a few (Note there are horribly bad ones here and there though). But stay away from the movie :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭tommybrennan15

love all of them but Family Guy is my favourite
    then Souyh Park or Simpsons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭fredmc

ATM, South Park is my fave, despite a couple of this season's episodes. After that, it'd be Drawn Together and Futurama - as has already been said, the dog and the clover episodes were tearjerkers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 tayto2009

south park is the best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭tommybrennan15

For me it would be 1st-Family Guy
    2nd-South Park
    3rd-would be either Futurama or The Simpsons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Classic Simpsons trumps all and for that I go with the Simpsons. I never really got into South Park because I never found them to be that great. Family Guy was good until Season 3, and that's when it went down hill and Futurama would be my second choice of them all. Long story short, Matt Groening is a genius.

Advertisement