Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P226 Holster

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Keggers

Then maybe I will give it a go:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭MacAonghusa

Keggers wrote: »
    Then maybe I will give it a go:D:D:D

Just get it Keggers or you'll make him angry! You wouldn't like him when he's angry! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Keggers

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Sam Fisher

Have all three holsters (fobus, serpa and the universal). Normally I wear the Fobus on the waist and it's the best out of all three. Unfortunately, can't use it on leg (as Vtec has mentioned). Hence the Serpa on the platform. I use the Blackhawk ones. Have serpa for Glock 19, Sig 229, Para P.14 and M9. Slight problem with Serpa is that some GBBs don't fit nicely into it. Mostly depends on the make of the GBB and if the release button doesn't click properly on the Serpa, then it's useless. Lost my Para once out of the Serpa, (but thanks to Conor who found it!) That leaves us the "universal". Unless you have a hand full of GBBs and can't afford to get individual holsters, then yes. Any other circumstances, don't. It's not worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Sam Fisher wrote: »
    ......wear the Fobus ...it's the best out of all three.

edited to reflect my p[ersonla bias

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭NakedHedgehog

What method of retention does the Fobus use?
    Does it have any retention catch like the CQC? If so how do you release it? All this talk about fobus is making me curious.

I've never had a problem with the TM P226 in my Serpa CQC.
    The catch latches into the trigger guard every time and does not come loose unless you disengage it. I've never lost it out of the holster - even after ending up dangling up side down (don't ask).

Was the CQC designed for the GBB you put into it?

What method of retention does the Fobus use?
    Does it have any retention catch like the CQC? If so how do you release it? All this talk about fobus is making me curious.

I've never had a problem with the TM P226 in my Serpa CQC.
    The catch latches into the trigger guard every time and does not come loose unless you disengage it. I've never lost it out of the holster - even after ending up dangling up side down (don't ask).

Was the CQC designed for the GBB you put into it?

fobus is an interferance fit
    the pistol has to be snapped out and in
    its very stable and very well held

i find it excellent for running etc

thing about the kjw 226's is they are very heavy

thing about fobus tho is its designed for stability and concelement so its not as quick on the draw as a blackhawk

but i just feel both sides of the argument should be given

on the other hand i use two aegs in all my loadouts except my black ops / stealth loadout which is a p90 backed up with a nbb oj chest rig (for the stealth) so i don't need a quick draw 226

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

even after ending up dangling up side down (don't ask).

okay, i resisted as long as i can...er, dangling upside down...?? huh!? was it some type of arnie/predator home built airsoft thing or some weird personal fetish LOL

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

yeah it basically just clamps the gun at the trigger gaurd. their a bastid when their brand new. sometimes they just wont let go of the pistol, a hairdrier sorts that though.,

Did you ever find the top slide of the P226 being pushed back by the fobus?
    If I understand it correctly; it holds it there because it's very tight? There's no actual mechanical retention going on? (Maybe I need to have a look over one of these next time I'm out skirmishing).

On an aside - which is better KJW P226 or TM P226?
    I suck at grasping which of the GBB makers are the better.

As for dangling upside down - I had slung my rifle on my back to climb over a fence. The rifle got stuck in the fence, pinning me with it, up side down. All very amusing - especially as there were about 10 others desperately trying to tear down the fence to get away from the 100+ enemies that were stampeding through the undergrowth towards us.
    We did take out a hell of a lot of them before we collectively decided to run like hell execute a tactical withdrawal .

• Advertisement

remind me next time you up and i'll show ya mine.,:)

Did you ever find the top slide of the P226 being pushed back by the fobus?
    If I understand it correctly; it holds it there because it's very tight? There's no actual mechanical retention going on? (Maybe I need to have a look over one of these next time I'm out skirmishing).

On an aside - which is better KJW P226 or TM P226?
    I suck at grasping which of the GBB makers are the better.

As for dangling upside down - I had slung my rifle on my back to climb over a fence. The rifle got stuck in the fence, pinning me with it, up side down. All very amusing - especially as there were about 10 others desperately trying to tear down the fence to get away from the 100+ enemies that were stampeding through the undergrowth towards us.
    We did take out a hell of a lot of them before we collectively decided to run like hell execute a tactical withdrawal .

no it clips in and out

kjw are nice because they are very satisfying to shoot

Tigger wrote: »
    no it clips in and out

Is it hard to release? Would it need to be on a fairly sturdy belt to use?

no it pulls out quick

it won't work on a chest rig tho but i was using velcro on my chest rigs and thats a joke

as one player put it
    ""i heard yer velcro you twat"

get the blackhawk but i would advise to always but genuine gear
    the plastic knock offs are false economy

i have the copy blackhawk serpa myself, cant fault it at all., id challenge anyone to tell the difference between it and the real thing.,

Yeah, but for five dollars more - can you really justify not buying the real thing? :)
    Go on - help the US economy!

(It's probably made in Taiwan)

no it pulls out quick

I've it bookmarked anyway so will deffo look at it again in future.
    Fow now i've ordered the blackhawk.

it won't work on a chest rig tho but i was using velcro on my chest rigs and thats a joke
    as one player put it
    ""i heard yer velcro you twat"

:D

Advertisement