Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This Mornings paper.

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Timing is important here as well folks, without doubt turning any page in a newspaper, broadsheet or otherwise at the minute and you will find stories of incidences with RS, I know we're not talking about those, but bear with me, anything Gun related at the minute is bad news. Paintball, Airsoft, etc. If it even faintly resembles said items. I hate to admit it, now is not the time to be advertising in the written media. There is enough paranoia as it is without the sport of Airsoft being thrown into the hat as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

iceage wrote: »
    Timing is important here as well folks, without doubt turning any page in a newspaper, broadsheet or otherwise at the minute and you will find stories of incidences with RS, I know we're not talking about those, but bear with me, anything Gun related at the minute is bad news. Paintball, Airsoft, etc. If it even faintly resembles said items. I hate to admit it, now is not the time to be advertising in the written media. There is enough paranoia as it is without the sport of Airsoft being thrown into the hat as well.

Well said, and this was my point, many posts back: defence of our sport and promotion of our sport are two very different things. Now is a good time to keep the head down so we don't all get tarred with the same brush. I don't see myself as fear-mongering, just looking at the pragmatic reality of the sort of society we live in.

If we think ahead and know our limits as a interested group, we can quietly continue to play and be unconnected in the eyes of public and State with those who do those reckless acts we all worry about. If we make a lot of noise, then inevitably we'll be lumped together.

Advertisement