Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next Generation Broadband Forum

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

3G broadband is the Irish governments answer !?
    We need a four foot sarcastic/smack head on wall smiley on boards, really we do.

I hope all you people here that have put up with this shambles get out and cast your vote in the next general election, remember the minister that posted here "twice" and then his answer to it all, a PR stunt to bump the figures with 3g broadband as the answer. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Thomas-G

It's just sad really at the end of the day, when will the Government realize broadband coverage is critical to attracting foreign firms.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Thomas-G wrote: »
    It's just sad really at the end of the day, when will the Government realize broadband coverage is critical to attracting foreign firms.
    Put all TDs on these "mobile broadband" solutions, both at home and in their offices and see how they find it in comparison to what they're used to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Thomas-G

ethernet wrote: »
    Put all TDs on these "mobile broadband" solutions, both at home and in their offices and see how they find it in comparison to what they're used to.
    No let's stick them all on dial up and force them to stay up till 5am uploading files to a web server. Then they'll know how I live.
    Actually, that might be an idea, like the concern fast but for the internet:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭fergalfrog

Eircom have a new site detailing exchanges to be upgraded:
    http://www.broadbandatoz.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Zith

fergalfrog wrote: »

Wow. This site should have been available 3 years ago but still nice to see all that information in the one place. I see a mention of an 8KM limit also, thought it was 6KM.

/Zith

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭fergalfrog

Zith wrote: »
    I see a mention of an 8KM limit also, thought it was 6KM.

/Zith

This is not going to be an exact figure as it all depends on the line between you and the exchange. Even if you are less than 5km there is still a chance your line may not be suitable...

I think the number of kms mentioned are more average/indicative...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭rav1410

Great map but terrible news for me.

I fall into the " Your location has been given to the Department of Communications so it can be taken into consideration for the National Broadband Scheme" caterogry :(:mad:

Im on a pretty good fixed wireless (Net1) connection at the mo but want DSL

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

The map is rather inaccurate , I can assure you , howver the colour coding is accurate so red is red :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

I agree the maps are all over the place!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭rav1410

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    howver the colour coding is accurate so red is red :p

You B1tch!! Rub it in while your at it :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Cow Moolester

Oh em gee hai rav!

I'm about a mile away from my exchange and yet I'm getting only a quarter the speeds I should :( I'm on 20mb package but only getting 5mb

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Zith

This is not going to be an exact figure as it all depends on the line between you and the exchange. Even if you are less than 5km there is still a chance your line may not be suitable...

I think the number of kms mentioned are more average/indicative...

I'm about 5.5KMs following the cable from my exchange. Have ISDN for a long time and get solid 6.4K downloads so hopefully DSL speed will be fine for 1 or 2 Meg.

Advertisement