Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blind Fire

Options
  • 25-09-2008 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

What be the specific rules/ guidelines regarding it???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Doomofman

No blind fire... Its dangerous

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

It's also lame.

The traditional response in RS to blind fire from a window or whatever is to shoot the target through the wall, since you then know where they are. Don't have that option in airsoft :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭k99_64

So its only aim at the target yes, no shooting at the boards where they are hiding etc?

k99_64 wrote: »
    So its only aim at the target yes, no shooting at the boards where they are hiding etc?

What would be the point in shooting at the boards? Ricochets dont count

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Nope I'd shoot at boards if I knew they were behind them but the shot would be aimed and not fired without me seeing where the shot was going. I'd do this especially if there were team mates moving forward and I wanted to make sure the other side kept their heads down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

If you canaim directly at a targets cover, you can of course open fire, this is to suppress the enemy to keep their head down.

Blind firing in airsoft, can be dangerous. you could blindfire directly into someone a few yards away.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭k99_64

If you canaim directly at a targets cover, you can of course open fire, this is to suppress the enemy to keep their head down.

Blind firing in airsoft, can be dangerous. you could blindfire directly into someone a few yards away.

Grand so, that is what i was wondering about. 'Aim your shots'

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

Blind Firing is when a player shoots with out “looking at what he/she is shooting at”.

EXAMPLE: If you are on one side of a structure and you think someone may be on the other side, don’t stick your gun around the wall and fire without shouldering your Airsoft gun or looking through your “ghost sights” as you shoot.

hrta wrote: »
    Blind Firing is when a player shoots with out “looking at what he/she is shooting at”.

EXAMPLE: If you are on one side of a structure and you think someone may be on the other side, don’t stick your gun around the wall and fire without shouldering your Airsoft gun or looking through your “ghost sights” as you shoot.

And Blind fire is defined as simply firing without recognizing what you are fire at. Blind fire includes, but is not limited to, firing around corners without aiming, ducking under a window while fire through it, and using a team member a shield and waving your gun around and shooting.

hrta wrote: »
    And Blind fire is defined as simply firing without recognizing what you are fire at. Blind fire includes, but is not limited to, firing around corners without aiming, ducking under a window while fire through it, and using a team member a shield and waving your gun around and shooting.

And not being able to see where your BBs are going is not allowed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

gandalf wrote: »
    Nope I'd shoot at boards if I knew they were behind them but the shot would be aimed and not fired without me seeing where the shot was going. I'd do this especially if there were team mates moving forward and I wanted to make sure the other side kept their heads down.

exactly i do this all the time, lay into them so they cant move while your team moves up, also good shooting between the cracks in theirs even though i doesnt count it will piss em off and make em pop out to fire back or move back

exactly i do this all the time, lay into them so they cant move while your team moves up, also good shooting between the cracks in theirs even though i doesnt count it will piss em off and make em pop out to fire back or move back

Suppresing fire isn't the same as blind fire...

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If you want you can buy a cornershot, but I doubt you'd get a good reception in the safe zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

Doomofman wrote: »
    Suppresing fire isn't the same as blind fire...
    where did i say it was, was just agreeing with the man, read before ya pounce

where did i say it was, was just agreeing with the man, read before ya pounce

No i kinda meant it in the overall theme of the thread...

Nowhere was it referenced as the same thing.

Suppresing fire was related too in regards to pinning and enemies head down :)

But anyway to nail this thread on the head.

Blind fire as described perfectly by HRTA, is a no no.

Supressing fire, should you have your AEg aimed at the targets cover, is perfectly fine.

Nowhere was it referenced as the same thing.

Suppresing fire was related too in regards to pinning and enemies head down :)

But anyway to nail this thread on the head.

Blind fire as described perfectly by HRTA, is a no no.

Supressing fire, should you have your AEg aimed at the targets cover, is perfectly fine.

Basically don't shoot if you cant see where your bbs are going to go

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

blind fire is "not looking down the sight of your gun". simple as., and its cheating., :)

vtec wrote: »
    blind fire is "not looking down the sight of your gun". simple as., and its cheating., :)

But would "not looking down the sight of your gun" not cover firing from the hip as well? Or is that frowned upon aswell?

not exactly frowned apon., but pointless., thats only ever useful in the movies.,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

Blindfire is simply opening fire when you cannot see the intended target. Normally when you shoot you point your gun in the direction that your looking. Blindfire is simply not looking. It is dangerous, irresponsible & unsporting.

You can only fire form the hip, and not be frowned upon, if your me in my tight t-shirt launching mag after mag and grenade after grenade from my m16...

Then you can join the class of cool

And "overweight and cool" :)

You can only fire form the hip, and not be frowned upon, if your me in my tight t-shirt launching mag after mag and grenade after grenade from my m16...

I've got the overweight bit down :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Busta Hyman

im in the class of Cool Lardass

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Richie, in for fun games I fire from the hip while still hitting. Stick it on semi, fire, trace, fire, trace, hit. Soo much easier than shouldering it. And yeah, I could use the sights and hit in maybe 1 or 2 shots, but its not like bbs are expensive:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

basically if i stuck my aeg (facing backwards over my shoulder or around a corner without looking at what i was shooting at) is blind fire

Richie, in for fun games I fire from the hip while still hitting. Stick it on semi, fire, trace, fire, trace, hit. Soo much easier than shouldering it. And yeah, I could use the sights and hit in maybe 1 or 2 shots, but its not like bbs are expensive:rolleyes:

So basically you've proved its a pointless thing to do.,:confused:

when i say "look down the sites" its referrs to peaking your head out with the gun to give me an equal opertunity to his you like you have of hitting me.,
    same allys to using the shield in HRTA, i can see through it but i would always pop out to put fire on someone.,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

There was some mentions of blind firing is dangerous.
    Can people give examples? So people would know exactly
    why it should not be done.

Your in a play area (not a safezone) where people are expecting to get
    hit by a BB from an airsoft device at 1j or under and you have your safety gear on as your
    in play. Surely there would be no danger to players?

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

bullets there is a chance you could be opening up at someone at very close range without knowing. Full auto at a few feet in the face would not be pretty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

gandalf wrote: »
    bullets there is a chance you could be opening up at someone at very close range without knowing. Full auto at a few feet in the face would not be pretty.

Ah cool. I forgot also that some people only use the glasses and not full face masks.
    Havent got hit by a BB ever, but I can imagine a BB to the tooth for example may send a nice
    sharp twang down a nerve ending.

~B

Advertisement