Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do ladies find beards attractive?

Options
  • 25-09-2008 2:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Im considering growing a beard... about the same length as this http://www.polichicksonline.com/George%20Clloney%20beard.jpg

Nothing too hairy... i have dirty blonde hair, and a darkish beard not blonde bum fluff :D

The main reason im wanting to grow it is to look older as im very young for my line of work and sometimes cant get taken seriously because of it, if girls find beards attractive its an added bonus!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Personally i think beards are really attractive as long as they are really well kept/trimmed- but it really does depend on the man - they just reallly don't suit some people. Give it a go anyway - you'll soon see when its growing if its going to suit you or not and I'm sure the peolple around you will let you know too:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

I hate beards! Almost as much as I hate slugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

I hate beards too, I don't think I could ever kiss a fella who as one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 168 ✭✭girliegirl

No no no no, yuck!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

They can look well on guys but for kissing it's a no no :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

I hate beards too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

:eek: this might go a long way to explain my singleness ...... goes to buy razor blades

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭Curlypinkie

Can't say I hate them as such. Ex had one and I loved him, didn't mind the beard, but beard rash is ouch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Cathooo wrote: »
    They can look well on guys but for kissing it's a no no :P

Not true. I have a beard, nice and full now thankfully. Kept well trimmed and close to my face ( not as close as old Gerogeous up there, that just stubble tbh ). I have no complaints because my facial hair is all soft and lovely, not sharp and stabby.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

I love my OH's beard, doesn't bother me at all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

What about "stylish stubble" that is a cm or two long?

Personally, I like my bit of facial hair. I'd never shave it just to get a girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Secret i've always found is a carefully trimmed upper lip - makes a huge difference for kissing. As for the beard thing, think it depends on how the guy looks with it - I remember having significantly better luck ever since I grew it, but that could simply be down to being older, more outgoing and more self confident (big difference between 18/19 and 21/22 in those cateogries :D)

Dragan wrote: »
    Not true. I have a beard, nice and full now thankfully. Kept well trimmed and close to my face ( not as close as old Gerogeous up there, that just stubble tbh ). I have no complaints because my facial hair is all soft and lovely, not sharp and stabby.:)

It's not 'not true' I've kissed guys with beards and I don't like the beard rash it gives, I'm hardly making that up :P You're lucky that you have soft hair but I wouldn't say all bearded men have a nice beard like yours so my first impression would be 'no' to kissing a bearded man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Doozie

pingpongz wrote: »
    if girls find beards attractive its an added bonus!

Absolutely gorgeous,.....If I walk into a pub/club its the people with the stubble/beard I notice first.......
    very attractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

it depends on the face. some men can look hot, some can just look scruffy & lazy.

though when i say hot i think its just men with stubble. dont think ive ever seen a man with a beard & thought he was hot.

plus - kissing a beard, yuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

I quite enjoy a bit of stubble myself... Some of the massive beards can be a bit weird though. I love facial hair, it's just lovely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭shoelaceface

hmmmm

grow it and see does it make a difference! people will still know how young you are!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Hehe you'd be surprised. I'm quite baby faced (I think, havent seen without a goatee in a while) and the beard does make a significant difference in what age people think I am.

By the way, this thread has reminded me that I need to trim my beard, thanks! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭nomorebadtown

2418303469_a694544b9f_o.jpgclive-owen-as-sir-walter-raleigh.jpgimg.db?28661521+s(210)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I shaved mine off a couple of years ago and Mrs. smashey asked me to grow it back. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭litup

I love beards. And, as Dragan said, once it gets past the stubbly stage they don't hurt anymore and you don't get beard rash from kissing. It actually feels quite nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Firstly why is there a pic of a bloke fisting his own arsehole ?

Secondly, Brothers... Use conditioner on your beard, it helps alot.

Manties wrote: »
    Firstly why is there a pic of a bloke fisting his own arsehole ?

That pic is disturbing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

nomorebadtown, wtf is the guy in the third picture doing??? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭Curlypinkie

fonpokno wrote: »
    nomorebadtown, wtf is the guy in the third picture doing??? :eek:

:confused: And why is there a dead squirrel glued to the side of his face???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I've gotten a lot of compliments from friends and girls when I let my facial hair grow a little or to a decent length but my Ex-gf used to get a little annoyed when kissing and such. same goes for another girl I kissed a while ago.
    I think as long as it is not a big mess that has the potential of a brillo pad then girls may not mind and if you begin to see someone they will say if it's a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

HELL NO!!!
    my man knows i like to see no hair. 2 weeks ago he came home from work and i had not seen him in a week and it was the worst id ever seen him. i gave him his marching orders to get rid of it and he did straight away:)

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

I defo like a bit of growth, don't like perfectly shaven at all! Also, the pic above, euw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

:confused: And why is there a dead squirrel glued to the side of his face???

LOL :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I iz hawt. I haz Beard. Beard iz hawt.

Its simple maths people.

Advertisement