Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rimini Riddle- Anyone remember this??

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

branie2 wrote: »
    Yes, I used to watch it

Can you remember the Mommos? They're the most mysterious part of the whole thing. No one seems clear even on what they looked like.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Can you remember the Mommos? They're the most mysterious part of the whole thing. No one seems clear even on what they looked like.

I completely forgot about this show. Used creep the crap out of me. Love to see it in 2019!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Wasn’t Aunt Vera a thundering aul bitch in this? She was the two kids step mother or something

• Registered Users Posts: 10,296 ✭✭✭✭branie2

She was the kids' aunt. And there were three kids

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

ratmouse wrote: »
    Actually loved this show when it was on. Did Aunt Vera not have a male frine called Quentin P? Maybe I imagined that. I think the sister's name was Ellen-she had black hair. We never actually saw him, but the oldest brother, Rory, was always going on about his friend Jimmy Doran. Anyone else remember these details?

Haha! Was gonna mention Jimmy Doran. Think there was an episode where he borrowed Dora's swimming trunks and needed to give them back. Fairly weird borrowing that sort of stuff.

• Advertisement

road_high wrote: »
    Wasn’t Aunt Vera a thundering aul bitch in this? She was the two kids step mother or something

I'm convinced she was based on Terry Keane. There's a resemblance there even down to the ridiculous posh accent.

047_e0cfa98e310ead131d7c53f15e3b501b85bb3acb.jpg

article-1380067-0BC0689A00000578-753_468x286.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MayoDayo

Did Rory secretly love Una

RTE should have brought this back during the lockdown. It went under the radar on original screening because it was shown in a kids slot, it's the sort of show that could become a cult classic if they'd ever get off their arses and make it available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭youngblood

I would imagine a lot of the footage is lost/taped over etc
    They seemed to have a history of that!

MayoDayo wrote: »
    Did Rory secretly love Una

Don't remember that, do remember Claudia carroll jumping out of the picture on the wall- she was 1 of 2 girls that came alive when they were sucked into the picture (or something like that)

• Advertisement

Can anyone remember what the actual Riddle was?

youngblood wrote: »
    I would imagine a lot of the footage is lost/taped over etc
    They seemed to have a history of that!

RTE have the complete series but they're claiming the usual copyright issues.

Do you remember Una
    What was she like besides presumably having a crush on rory

RTE have the complete series but they're claiming the usual copyright issues.
    I think it was about the girls in the picture

An incomplete episode is up on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/ChObpBLfJ3E

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

An incomplete episode is up on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/ChObpBLfJ3E

wow! feeling old now :D

Advertisement