Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rimini Riddle- Anyone remember this??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

I have an episode of this on a video somewhere at home.

ebay? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

efla wrote: »
    I have an episode of this on a video somewhere at home.

ebay? :)

YouTube! don't think you would get a buyer for the tape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭nouveau_4.0

Even scarier than the rimini riddle puppets:

Giles and Dunphy puppets

Dumphy-Gilles-TV_jpg_jpg.jpg

Has anyone found a vid of Rimini Riddle by the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mumpsy

It was Quintin P. Komisky!! Anyone who I've mentioned this show to thinks I'm crazy too!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭bluevelvet

I was looking for this for ages I could'nt think of the name. You have no idea how much this show scared me as a kid. Even looking at those pictures creeps me out, somthing about the ugly life-like the puppets had but most of all those fish creatures , the Mommons or whatever they were called...:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭bluevelvet

I was looking for this for ages I could'nt think of the name. You have no idea how much this show scared me as a kid. Even looking at those pictures creeps me out, somthing about the ugly life-like the puppets had but most of all those fish creatures , the Mommons or whatever they were called...:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Kmurtimurboy

A lot of people think that these were puppets. Not true! Talented actors ruined by drink and drugs! Don't put drugs in your drink!

A lot of people think that these were puppets. Not true! Talented actors ruined by drink and drugs! Don't put drugs in your drink!

I think the writers might have been.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Can we not email rte and get them to put it on late at night, it could soon have a cult following.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 yrrab30

Does anybody have this on video cassette would love to see it again

• Advertisement

Hi elfa

Was wondering do you have any episodes of Rimini Riddle on video or DVD

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=182674470295

Someone on facebook might know.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Rimini Riddle, even the name is sh1t.

Leo-Rimini-Riddle_jpg_jpg.jpg

464773.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Take that back, that show was brilliant! About the best thing RTE ever did in my opinion.

Like many here, anytime I mention it to someone they dont remember it. Otto was really creepy. I dont remember anything about the aunt or Mr Komiskey, I only remember the boy and the girl in what looked like the attic, with otto. And there was a maritime feel to it, and there was a boat called the Salty Frog too???

It was weird. really weird, but weird in a good way, not weird in a stupid way like that australian show "Round the twist" which did my head in.

I'd love to watch it again. Alas, like a lot of the Den, I dont think RTE recorded it.

syklops wrote: »
    Take that back, that show was brilliant! About the best thing RTE ever did in my opinion.

Like many here, anytime I mention it to someone they dont remember it. Otto was really creepy. I dont remember anything about the aunt or Mr Komiskey, I only remember the boy and the girl in what looked like the attic, with otto. And there was a maritime feel to it, and there was a boat called the Salty Frog too???

It was weird. really weird, but weird in a good way, not weird in a stupid way like that australian show "Round the twist" which did my head in.

I'd love to watch it again. Alas, like a lot of the Den, I dont think RTE recorded it.

The first and original series of Round the Twist was brilliant but the new cast weren't as good.

The Saltyfrog is from a previous series with Pajo.

Rimmin Riddle was part of The Swamp not The Den.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Elmo wrote: »
    The Saltyfrog is from a previous series with Pajo.

Are you sure there was not some connection between the salty frog and Rimini Riddle. They go together in my head. Considering up until now I was beginning to think my brain had concocted rimini riddle as no-one I ever spoke to knew of its existence, and thought I was nuts when I started to describe it, maybe I am wrong.

Was the Swamp on Saturdays?

syklops wrote: »
    Was the Swamp on Saturdays?

Yeah, The Swamp took over from Pajo's Wholeshabang (AKA Pajo's Junkbox) and Scratch Saturday but it was more like The Den, as it introduced programmes. RTÉ Cork seemed to be given the weekend children's programming during the 1990s. Pajo AFAIK had 2 adventurer series after the Wholeshabang one featuring the Saltyfrog and the other before it but I don't remember much about it. I think then Rimmin Riddle appeared, but there might have been crossover shows.

The Swamp also took over from The Den one summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭upncmnhistori

Mikosyko wrote: »
    Look what I found....:D
    Leo-Rimini-Riddle_jpg_jpg.jpg

Una-Rimini-Riddle_jpg_jpg.jpg

Rory-Vera-RR_jpg_jpg.jpg

Fergus-Vera-RR_jpg_jpg.jpg

Rimini-Riddle-TV-puppets_jpg_jpg.jpg

Rory-Fat-Cathastrofies-RR_jpg_jpg.jpg

Rory-Leo-RR_jpg_jpg.jpg

Rory-Una-RR_jpg_jpg.jpg
    Plus something not Rimini Riddle related:

Troll-Saturday-Club-TV_jpg_jpg.jpg

Those puppets look really freaky!:eek:

That green puppet was called a troll I have forgot the name and I forgot the name of the presenter can't remember her name nor can anyone of us see her but I think this was the first day these two appeared on Saturday morning tv show. I know that is off track from Rimini Riddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Holy sh1t! This brings back memories, I actually remembering going to a live "panto" type showing in the Cork Opera house... Twas a great show...

• Advertisement

The troll puppet with the lady presenter was called oslow the lady presenter was mary mulchay and they did a show from RTE cork everysaturday called Our House and Rimini Riddle was part of there line up on there programmes

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭upncmnhistori

yrrab30 wrote: »
    The troll puppet with the lady presenter was called oslow the lady presenter was mary mulchay and they did a show from RTE cork everysaturday called Our House and Rimini Riddle was part of there line up on there programmes

Thanks. I remember the very first day these two appeared it was in September I think these two only lasted was it a year or year and half and then The Swamp came along for a couple years followed by tx which lasted two years. My apolgese for going of Rimini Riddle I do remember in Rimini that they boys went to the other dimension and it was like they were talking to Sphyx's not lions.

Yeah thats right Our House wasnt popular at all and only lasted a year and was then replaced by The Swamp which was presented by a lady in it's first and then the remainder of it's run was presented by a man. Rimini Riddle was never on the swamp

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

I was just thinking about this programme. This is a clip with Otto. Weird that theres still so little known existing footage out there. The whole show is like some kind of weird folk memory.

https://vimeo.com/134085100

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

I was just thinking about this programme. This is a clip with Otto. Weird that theres still so little known existing footage out there. The whole show is like some kind of weird folk memory.

https://vimeo.com/134085100

Thanks for posting that. Yes, and it's a case of a few people remember it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

ratmouse wrote: »
    Actually loved this show when it was on. Did Aunt Vera not have a male frine called Quentin P? Maybe I imagined that. I think the sister's name was Ellen-she had black hair. We never actually saw him, but the oldest brother, Rory, was always going on about his friend Jimmy Doran. Anyone else remember these details?

Yes, the sisters name was Ellen. BTW who was Una, the girl in the Valentines episode clip on YT and did she feature much? Presume she fancied Rory but he didn't feel the same way about her.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,975 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Some more clips have turned up. Pretty short, Aunt Veras boyfriend Commiskey (?) speaks in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Duggie2012

yeah i used to watch this, always scared me a little if i remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,343 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

me too and I was and adult

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Yes, I used to watch it

Advertisement