Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Match Thread** Mon 29-Sep-08 ; St. Colmcilles @ 20:00 Boardeaux v CPI Mortars

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

That's crap Ian. What exactly do you do? I guess from your posts you work in finance. Just curious to know exactly where. Running hedge funds I assume, you bastard :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

I'm a trader so this is kind of a once in a lifetime opportunity with whats going on in the markets now

Cool. Short selling is suspended though so I would have thought opportunities would be limited enough? I know more about the maths of it then how it actually works in practice so I'm probably talking through my arse :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Iain, Sorry to hear that man. Keep a eye out and if we're low on numbers and you can make it sure come along.

Hope thinks settle down work wise for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Fair play once again lads, that's a good result, though not a surprise at all to be honest given the standard of the squad and how well the players are gelling. How did the standard of the opposition compare to say the average league team from last season?

Yeh fair play to Ed and Michael for the great organisation but also to the players for the solid turnouts (that's what fear of losing your spot will do!) - we've always said it was needed in the off-seasons but organisation always fell to the same people and the committment wasn't there, but this time it's been well organised and the committment is there. If you build it, they will come!

The real test will come on a night with bad weather, a bad ref and jammy opposition. When you go 1 or 2 nil down in those circumstances it's not just about ability, which this team clearly has, it's as much about character. My money would be backing this squad to come through in those circumstances as there's not many players in the squad that will get complacent.

Very sorry to hear that Iain but can understand the situation you're in with work at the moment. Crazy times indeed. I'd imagine with the ban on short selling the opportunities are coming in deciding at just what point a falling bank share price becomes a good value 5-year term investment (e.g. AIB down 16% yesterday)?

• Advertisement

We dont trade individual stocks so the short selling ban doesnt apply to us. We can still short outright markets like the FTSE, DAX, DOW etc so a near 800 price sell off in the DOW like yesterday is the stuff dreams are made of. This is an amazing opportunity for me to really set myself up and the cost of missing the reaction to that no vote in the US is just too great at the moment. This will all come to an end eventually, thing is I just dont know when so it's hard to commit to anything else. Make hay while the sun shines and all that

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

We dont trade individual stocks so the short selling ban doesnt apply to us. We can still short outright markets like the FTSE, DAX, DOW etc so a near 800 price sell off in the DOW like yesterday is the stuff dreams are made of. This is an amazing opportunity for me to really set myself up and the cost of missing the reaction to that no vote in the US is just too great at the moment. This will all come to an end eventually, thing is I just dont know when so it's hard to commit to anything else. Make hay while the sun shines and all that

hmm, des has some money "resting in his account" from our finances.....can you turn this into a massive sum, so that we can all get free entry to coppers on thurs night?:D

hmm, des has some money "resting in his account" from our finances.....can you turn this into a massive sum, so that we can all get free entry to coppers on thurs night?:D

I cant think of any better investment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭thelepo

Well done lads. Sorry I couldn't make it. As with a few weeks ago I had work on Monday at 8pm, but no customers turned up, so I was wasting my time.

All gung ho from now on. This is a great run, very positive.

You must be dealing in fairly hefty sums of money then Ian if you're only dealing with the indexs :eek: Must be some crazy commission to be made there

• Advertisement
Advertisement