Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JG Glock 18c, metal slide, markings etc..

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

but seriously i'll give you €80 for one of those glocks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Ahh here, i go away for a few mins and all hell breaks loose in here!

hey kev, i think i might be a little taller than you too.,:p im 5'10 but since im wider and more muscular i think thats what gives people the impressionj im smaller than i am., :D

Ps, and yes, dex is a vertically challenged warrior., :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Wee stumps the lot of ye :P

I'll be into the shop soon enough with my room mate to get him an aeg, he's taller than I am, we'll have to be careful not to step on any of ye...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

But seriously, check out the differences in stuff like this:

G608 - 160 on Eirsoft
    G608-2 (with the 36K end) - 56 on RSOV.

Imagine buying, say, 20 in bulk for a business?

Equals = 3,200 euro versus 1,200.....

Shipping/customs would not be 2k!

*sigh* No offence, but we've been through it before here. It's not a straight math exercise, you are importing into the EU, and if you were doing it for a living, keeping stuff in stock, you'll be charging the higher prices. Most people eventually find that buying the stuff in Ireland is the better deal - shipping is pricey for large goods, import duty is inevitable (and includes the shipping price), AEGs tend to be unreliable out of the box and are running 'hot' (especially the cheap stuff) and if your stuff gets sent for testing...

And with your business calculation, you're ignoring the cost of running the business in Ireland as well as actually making a living from it. It all adds up. If you started you started importing in bulk as a charitable organisation, just for the hell of it, then I'm sure you'd still have to go through the circus of setting up as an importer, but I'll leave that for more knowledgeable people.

vtec wrote: »
    Ahh here, i go away for a few mins and all hell breaks loose in here!

hey kev, i think i might be a little taller than you too.,:p im 5'10 but since im wider and more muscular i think thats what gives people the impressionj im smaller than i am., :D

Ps, and yes, dex is a vertically challenged warrior., :D

Yes, you are taller than me, and more 'muscular' but because you think small thoughts, people will always assume you're shorter than them... :D Hey, you'll be ok though because you've got Strider and Gandalf looking out for you!

Of course, that doesn't explain Motosam Gamgee.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Motosam wrote: »
    Yup saw that in the news thread, great find, I hope they clone other, less visually challenged pistols.

/cue ak's are ugly comments

Away from my babies, away!

An ak is like a piglet, do you hate, piglets?

cute%2Bpiglet.jpeg

Of course you don't. Lets hope for more JG gbb goodness in future.

Yeah, hope they do an M9...actually, I'm gonna spam them till they make a TMP:p

Oh, and sorry for the price mistake, musta misread Dex's post on IRC last night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

But seriously, check out the differences in stuff like this:

G608 - 160 on Eirsoft
    G608-2 (with the 36K end) - 56 on RSOV.

Imagine buying, say, 20 in bulk for a business?

Equals = 3,200 euro versus 1,200.....

Shipping/customs would not be 2k!

Actually, shipping would be in the region of about 1000 euro. Once you go over a certain weight and volume, it gets very very pricey.
    Dont forget you'll also be importing a hot AEG, and if those nice chaps in blue uniforms find out, all that money you saved won't buy a very good defence barrister ;)

Irish retailers pay to get their guns downgraded before they're shipped - that makes up a significant percentage of the cost. Plus there's that whole "I'm not a charity" thing I have going for myself - I quite like being able to feed my kids and buy my wife shoes - it keeps her sweet. :)

Shiva wrote: »
    I quite like being able to feed my kids and buy my wife shoes - it keeps her sweet.

Ah ha!

He runs his airsoft business with only himself in mind, screw the customers, its what YOU "like" that is important.

Now replace "like" with "love", and it gets worse.

Then replace "feed my kids" with "roll around in a pool of 50€ notes and laugh maniacally" and we get a different impression of our beloved retailers don't we.

I think we've all learned something today, all it takes is reading between the lines... and wild speculation to see a more sinister side to this apparently friendly sport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Don't get me wrong I wasn't suggesting that we're being wildly ripped off here, I understand overheards are really expensive as well as having to pay downgrades, but I was just pointing out that I didn't mean on a single case basis - i.e you're not going to be running a store selling just one rifle. Say you ordered 20 of this, 20 of that, 20 of something else, times 20, and so on - provided you invest sufficient capital, the return will (well, ideally) be huge eventually, given the sheer amount. even the tiniest of returns adds up significantly in bulk....I did not mean you'd be saving 2k on a single shipment of G36's, I meant you'd save a little bit and in tandem with a sucessful store with a very large sale line, it all adds up to $$$ in the end. :D

Not that it's a secret or anything, obviously that's how shops make their money! Not like anyone thought the rifles were bought at that price.....and it's not as if that applies to only Airsoft...sure it's the same thing for literally every avenue from retail obviously. If the importing was as easy as I made it out to be sure every shop in the country would be out of business, but it's still interesting to see prices from abroad. Just interesting, is all - I was more wondering about it from the angle of a 'job on the side' perspective rather then a retailer to be honest. IE it'd be very easy to turn a profit, privately importing small bulks of rifles. Wouldn't even necessarily have to be proper AEG's, cheap springers are very popular as well and ultra cheap to import. I don't think i'd try my hand at it in the airsoft game somehow but I used to make very good money doing something similar whilst working my 'normal' job before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Motosam wrote: »
    Ah ha!

He runs his airsoft business with only himself in mind, screw the customers, its what YOU "like" that is important.

Now replace "like" with "love", and it gets worse.

Then replace "feed my kids" with "roll around in a pool of 50€ notes and laugh maniacally" and we get a different impression of our beloved retailers don't we.

I think we've all learned something today, all it takes is reading between the lines... and wild speculation to see a more sinister side to this apparently friendly sport.

TinFoilHatArea.jpg

:D

Shiva wrote: »
    TinFoilHatArea.jpg

:D

How the hell can you see me!

• Advertisement

I sort of remember Sam Gamgee having a Trim accent and having all sorts of mad theories in Lord Of The Rings. Not sure though.

Don't get me wrong I wasn't suggesting that we're being wildly ripped off here, I understand overheards are really expensive as well as having to pay downgrades, but I was just pointing out that I didn't mean on a single case basis -
    <snip />
    Just interesting, is all - I was more wondering about it from the angle of a 'job on the side' perspective rather then a retailer to be honest. IE it'd be very easy to turn a profit, privately importing small bulks of rifles. Wouldn't even necessarily have to be proper AEG's, cheap springers are very popular as well and ultra cheap to import. I don't think i'd try my hand at it in the airsoft game somehow but I used to make very good money doing something similar whilst working my 'normal' job before.

LOL! I wish someone had advised Shiva about this strategy before he got into this, he'd be loaded by now...

kevteljeur wrote: »
    LOL! I wish someone had advised Shiva about this strategy before he got into this, he'd be loaded by now...

Obviously as was already pointed out he's a business not a charity, sure how else would be make a living - but I really meant it from a private point of view, not a retailer! But as a poor student I don't have the cash to attempt such a lavish side project, my measly part time job will have to suffice :o

Anyway back on topic what are these JG glock's like, are they good quality across the board? Maybe I will get one, and there's a few other things on that site I'd like as well so...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Terrorfirmer...what you have protrayed in a few previous posts is all good thought. And alot of people thought those thoughts.

"Here, I can make money of this"

But you just have to look around and see the stores that have folded, or hold little stock or only high end etc etc.

It might be easy enough to setup something REALLY small. But to run an efficent shop with a wide range and competitive prices take alot of time,investment and effort.

There are alot of factors quickly overlooked when they setup shops here I think. Factors that are only made apparent, when youve invested your left nut in the venture.

And especially in this climate at the moment, I'd say its very tough to get a store up on its legs and running. I'd say youd definitly be breaking even or making a loss for a good few of your starting months.

"I quite like being able to feed my kids and buy my wife shoes - it keeps her sweet."

Correction.

I help you feed your kids, and allow you to drape your wife in luxurious silks from far far away.

While you go galavanting in Carlow :P

Obviously as was already pointed out he's a business not a charity, sure how else would be make a living - but I really meant it from a private point of view, not a retailer! But as a poor student I don't have the cash to attempt such a lavish side project, my measly part time job will have to suffice :o

Anyway back on topic what are these JG glock's like, are they good quality across the board? Maybe I will get one, and there's a few other things on that site I'd like as well so...

i re-iterate my offer

Don't worry I saw :D

What's this like - only 1 euro cheaper but army make good weapons right?

i like jg

i want the gbb becauise its jg's first gbb for collecting

its a g18c

i like my g18c

the army yoke is a 17

i only like the 18c

i would recoment the jg over the army any day

the army trades look more accurate but .....

http://www.rsov.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=1665

buiy this

Ok, just ordered. 2 JG 18c's on the way, as well as some springers I couldn't resist. (cyma type 95, ak47 shell eject, 47 spetznaz shell eject :o) Probably not the best idea for tax and charges and all that, but they were only 12 euro each, and you'd easily pay double that or more per rifle closer to home. I love springers....for some strange reason.

good luck in your new carrear

let me know when my glock is ready to be posted and i'll paypal you

Who said I'm not dual wielding? :D

dual-wielding-demotivational-poster.jpg

• Advertisement

Who said I'm not dual wielding? :D

dual-wielding-demotivational-poster.jpg

clyde did

FNM249%20image2.jpg

Where would I get a long mag for it - assuming the ksc mags will fit it?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Try Ehobbyasia, probably like 30-35 dollars...nope, 39:
    http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/default/ksc-g17-g18c-g34-49rd-magazine.html

Well, stuff arrived. Will check it out later. Don't have any gas or oil at the moment, so it'll just be asthetics unfortunately this evening.....

are you keeping both glocks or what

You wanted the other one right? That's why I ordered 2 in the first place. :)

yeay
    dual weilding 18s with long mags

must grow moustashe

Sorry for the crap quality, as I don't know where my camera is, can only use my phone....Don't have any oil or gas either, so it'll be a few days before it sees a testing. Looks and feels seriously nice tho...

29082008068.jpg

29082008069.jpg

29082008073.jpg

29082008075.jpg

29082008071.jpg

2908200i72.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

MIA stock the 50 round Glock mags, I'm sure they will work as it's a clone of the KSC G18C.

• Advertisement
Advertisement